WoW Gets Dx11 in Cataclysm Beta

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Have to agree but when you get used to it Shamans can be owesome.

Ele Shamy ftw! :D

2. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Cataclysm patch turned DK into a priority-based class with quite a few buttons to hit. Warlocks and Hunters can also be complicated depending on how good you wanna be and what build you want

3. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
    All I can say is WoW has never been better, despite some minor issues. Can't wait for midnight!

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Just installed the free 10-day trial.

Have not played WoW in a long time and already I am extremely impressed with the changes they have made to the game. Literally everything has changed, the UI is different, the graphics are a bazillion times better than they used to be. The water now actually has ripples and looks pretty decent for an MMO (sure its not AoC stadards but its still a big improvement).

The new races and classes are insane... who ever thought you would be able to be a "human hunter" the thought crossed my mind so many times and now they have included it and many more.

The lower end missions are a lot easier so for beginners it is not so daunting anymore.

Overall I am very pleased with the effort they have made to keep people playing and to get more people involved in the experience as well.

OH yeah and the ability to set your own frame rate cap is a genius idea!! I want every PC game to have this feature. It allows you to slap on a much eye candy as your PC can handle and not have the fps go below 30fps, then just cap the max frame rate to 30 and turn on vsync and triple buffering and it looks and works awesome! Why on earth other PC devs have never implemented this (as far as I know) is beyond me!

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    guys i dotn get DX11 on this..what iam doing wrong pls?

6. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Are people sure DX11 was implemented?

I know a lot of people mentioned it but I wasn't sure if it was actually put in. As far as I know it was mainly water updates with the latest big patch.

They've changed how things look to try bring original content up with the rest, but the original stuff still pales in comparison to Outland and Northrend. Although it's getting better.

They have SERIOUSLY sped up leveling too, which is nice. I have a 50 Shaman now and only 26hrs /played

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    according my FRAPs its not DX11 or 10..and u r lvl 50? amazing :D

edit: i found how to enable it in a tukrish forum

goto *\World of Warcraft\WTF

there u have Config.wtf..open it note pad..and in the bottom type this, copy paste

SET gxApi "d3d11"

and have fun!!!

and i want freinds pls :( ..my ingame name is Lagon..lol

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  8. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Depends what server you're on too.

I'm the Oceania servers obviously.
    Ahh, might have a look at that option later, see if there's much of a difference.

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    well im in the beginning, lvl 3..and i dont see a big deiffernece here..dnt have water around thohugh.,by the way quest is HEAL the soldeir or something like that but i cant do a thing about it..soldeirs says i can use a heal brother to me but how?

and iam a paladin, cant i use sword?

10. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    Worst launch ever the servers just crashed along with login servers

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    I just quit the game. I think i made a big mistake by playing this game. Just....just...cant stop playing it. Interesting. Yeah probably wont play this longer like i domall the time. Just tell me. How big the game is. And is it possible to game alone?

12. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Yep, I solo everything.

It's only at the end game you need to start grouping in RAIDS for the bigger stuff.

13. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    You can hit max level solo, as well as grind/farm. But to get gear you have to party/raid.

14. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    I actually really like WoW.... I'm scared to reactivate my account and try the expansion because I know I'll get hooked and I'm just too busy with university, work, and the army. Blarg!

15. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    That's why I quit. A whole month just disappeared in front of my eyes, and it felt like a day.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    A month? I am playing WoW more than two years and still cant stop! Damn you Blizzard :D

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Hmm. thanx for the replies guys..

18. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    most likely you have a quest item in your inventory you can use to heal. and paladins can use swords.

about dx11 my game is running in dx11 mode cause i made a change in config files hehe boosted my fps a bit.

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI

yeah i posted above how to :)

goto *\World of Warcraft\WTF

there u have Config.wtf..open it note pad..and in the bottom type this, copy paste

SET gxApi "d3d11"

and by the way, will i get animals to drive? i remember years ago people were flying with their animals lol. iam hoping this game is massive.

and here some Dx11 water images.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  20. Bornakiller

Bornakiller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SLI
    Can someone post some dx11 screens of cataclysm other than the water reflection ones??

Can't find any In google...