1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WoW Classic official announcement!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Solfaur, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yeah, noticed that too. I wasn't looking for a guild yet, just made a few characters for the names, so I will move as well if the ques are too long. I just don't want to spend hours in ques with the faint hope that it will be better in a few months, because some people will leave.

I doubt there will be that many more new players, but I'd guess there could be over a million at launch, plus there is some overlap with retail players. But I do agree and hope that Blizz will take this as an indication of what the players actually want, that it will change the next WoW expansion. The problem I see with this is that next expansion is already long in development and classic and retails teams are different. Oh and btw, the retail wow is developed by a lot of former developers from Diablo. I'd say that it's actually a problem, because retail WoW has been very much turned into a Diablo and it doesn't work very well, as these are two different genres.

Solfaur likes this.
  2. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Agreed, Classic team is different from retail team but Blizzard as a whole will hopefully see that all they have to do is listen to their fanbase and give them what they are longing for. The rest takes care of itself.

Anyway, no more sleeps!!! Well, I won't be able to play till tomorrow morning because I'm catching a flight home early tomorrow (UK) but as soon as I'm home (around 10am), I'm on it!

Solfaur likes this.
  3. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4375
    It looks like Method is hosting another World First event. Gotta say this studio looks legit.
    [​IMG]

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    I have to admit I am a bit pissed by all the streamers/world first races going on. I really wanted to take it slow (and RL will probably force me to anyways for the next few weeks), but I feel some "pressure" building up in that I HAVE TO PLAY like a madman to not "fall behind". All of which is ridiculous, everything considered, but still...

It really pisses me off that they chose this release date, if it was at begging of summer or sometime in November, it would have been way better for me. QQ, I know.

5. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4375
    Nothing to worry about. Most of us don't have time to no-life and we'll be right there with you. The whole "world first" thing is just for the community to have some fun. The real race happened 15 years ago anyway.

Solfaur likes this.
  6. spajdrik

spajdrik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 Gaming
    https://********/6F5zvPP/1m.jpg
    1.1M viewers currently on Twitch, nice!

Amaze and Solfaur like this.
  7. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Was showing 1.2m at it's peak. Crazy. Imagine Ragnaros and Onyxia could be down before the end of this week.

I can't wait to play tomorrow.

8. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Logged in like 10 minutes before launch. Checked Firemaw - 25k queue. Just for lols tried Shazzrah - 21k queue. Golemagg and Gehenass - 15k queue. Mograine 8k queue and Razorgore <1k queue.

Seems a lot of Spanish players went Firemaw just hours before launch which made it probably the biggest realm. I tried Mograine realm and the queue was over in like 40 minutes, but logging in today in the morning there is still 4k queue.

9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    Same... haven't played at all. Queues are insane. Good thing though for me, since I'm busy as hell, today especially.

10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Oh God... Now I have to sub.

I guess between grief and nothing, I will take grief?
    Meaning yall such conformists and I'm no better; FFS no one evev handed out his resignation. BOOOOO!

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    I'm sitting for almost 2 hours in queue on Firemaw and am at ~15k atm. I'm seriously considering to screw my buddies who rolled there and go my own way, lol.

12. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 960M
    I played 5 hours at 0:30 cest last night, and another 6 hours from 1pm CEST today and got random dc'd and placed in a 2k queue.

Yeah I don't see my life going anywhere the next month or so rofl.

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    Still haven't played 1 minute, in queue for 6 hours, ~7k in queue now, lmao. I won't play at all today, I'm sure. Oh well, at least I had fun laughing in chat with other friends waiting. We picked a terrible, terrible server though. :oops:

14. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4375
    My server was jam-packed too. So we just went somewhere else. Playing is more important :)

15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    8 hours in queue, ~3k, at this point it's just an experiment, but I wager I'll get in in 3 hours. So yeah, 11 hours queue, joined queue mid-day. I know it's retarded, and I'll probably go solo on some server if this will be a daily thing...

16. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Been in a queue for almost 8 hours. Another 2 hours to go. Firemaw EU. Bring it on. I'm getting up early tomorrow to play all day.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  17. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yeah, it seems like almost everyone had major queues and only those that got in in the morning got to play. Luckily I was one of them and I plan to do it the same way tomorrow. There is also a post on forums saying that there will be some patch for queue algorithm, so maybe the extensive queues are just a bug ? After all, queues exist even on medium pop servers.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/notice-realm-restarts-28-august-3-00-a-m-cest/76582

18. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4375
  19. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I don't think there is a single EU PVP realm with no queues at prime time. PVE realms had a lot smaller population and I guess they could be fine, but I came to 2,5k queue at 10 AM today on Mograine. It's almost done by now. Also it seems that the queue doesn't really work very well. The estimate obviously shows whatever it wants, but even the position in queue is kinda wonky. I went up from 2,5k to about 800 in less than 10 minutes, that remaining 800 now takes almost 50 minutes to pass.

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
    Got in instantly at 7 in the morning, had to leave at ~10, but before I left I rejoined the server for a 6400! Got to work, gym, groceries, and still had like 1000 queue, before finally getting in at 4:30 in the afternoon... Firemaw EU.

Played like a madman though, enjoyed it, but it's a bit more stressful then I'd like it to be. Hate the fact that once in, I can't log out unless I want to call it a day. At least you have 30 minutes before getting kicked, but still, madness.