WoW Classic official announcement!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Solfaur, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
    I hear you, but I know the feeling he's talking about. It's not just a game, it's a community feeling that is long gone from the current game.

Legion launch was smooth as hell, flawless as I recall. 2019 tech will ensure this one is as well.

2. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Very possibly. I'm still expecting queues on the first day. The biggest "issue" for many will be fighting over mobs and resource nodes, but that's part of the fabric of vanilla WoW.

Amaze likes this.
  3. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Yeah, both legion and BFA had zero issues for me. Maybe if you play on one of the full servers like Silvermoon (EU) you'll face a queue, but probably everyone else is fine. Even resource nodes and mobs are fine, as up to 5 people can now tag same mob and I doubt that this will be absent.

4. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
    As I understood it, if it affects gameplay it will be exactly like in 2006. But some changes in UI like colorblind mode and new raid frames and graphics like improved shadows and denser vegetation have carried over from current.
    So no mob or resource sharing. Best bet is to wait a day or two I think.

5. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
    Love seeing people's expectations shattered, in a positive way:

SpajdrEX and Cronik like this.
  6. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I have seen youtuber kick off about colorblind mode and that Blizzard promised not to change anything lol Im just catching up with BfA and definitely try classic

7. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2060 SUPER
    Been watching Asmongold, Sodapoppin, and Toweliee on twitch playing WoW classic. Definitely brings nostalgia and memories.
    Will joining them once a retail version is out :)

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/wow-classic-not-a-bug-list/175887

9. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
  10. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Idk if I'm gonna play classic. I played vanilla content in current WoW as an undead warrior and know the differences between classic and current WoW. I don't see myself doing it again in classic.

I kinda spoiled myself.

I only like the undead.

11. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    The thing is... You think you know the difference between classic and live WoW. But it's been so long that you've probably forgotten a lot about how different Vanilla was. I'm going to give it a go, the feedback from the beta is overwhelmingly positive.

12. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Well its free with your current sub isnt it? So might as well give it a go, no harm in trying.

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    Wow can't believe i didn't get an invite to the stress test cause i'm not subbed.

Are they that hungry for money?

14. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    They have been for quite some time now, it's more Activision than Blizzard nowadays.

They even raised Shop and Service prices a while ago, because reasons.

15. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    A lot of people with an active sub didn't get in even. They clearly stated that you have to have a sub running to have a chance to get into the beta. You failed the criteria so you really have no right to complain.

16. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Well, they are a business, they're not here to not make money. Just like everyone else out there.Nobody wakes up thinking "hey, how can I not make money on this fine day".

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  17. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
    You don't get invited just because you are subbed either. You might, you might not. Definitely not something you should resubscribe for, at all.
    I believe they are not taking in any more people for now as well. Not everything is a scheme mate. ;)

One of the team leads of Vanilla is also testing out the beta and sharing stories from development. This is the guy that delivered the 200,000 signatures on Blizzard's doorstep:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/MoralAntsyWalletFrankerZ

Also, one of the game designers from vanilla has some opinions on setbacks and accomplishment in games. This is the guy that designed most of the class spells:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/SlipperySingleAppleEagleEye

In other news, a group of adventurers killed a dungeon boss 10 levels higher than them(beta is capped to 30):
    https://clips.twitch.tv/SuspiciousStupidManateeSMOrc

18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    True, but atleast make the game fun again then.

19. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    I think they're trying, there's no way they meet daily to discuss how to make the game worse. Maybe they're just incapable because that what retail WoW tells me, the game has been declining for years.

Vanilla lacked some features that modern WoW has and that made Vanilla so much better in many aspects. If retail removed LFG and flying mounts (kills world PvP) and made content harder where people actually have to group up, that would be a good start. Also, mob tagging as it was in Vanilla is so much better than what we have in retail. There's a lot of obvious changes many would make.

But many people want other things. It's not so simple, I'm afraid. But if Classic is a great success, maybe they can go back to roots and make retail somewhat more of a social experience.

Many things are still great in retail, raiding has been great in the last few expansions in general, it's just that all the garrison and artifact power BS just makes people sit in towns and log in daily to quickly do world quests in groups that don't talk to each other and then you log off. That is really bad.

Backstabak and cerebus23 like this.
  20. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt

Retail has beautiful world and complex raid encounters. Literally, a single mythic boss has probably more mechanics than entire Molten Core combined.

But I agree on everything else, on retail everything but the latest mythic raid is just simple content. There is no way you can die in the open world, so you have no feeling that you have actually done something. Even worse is the loot system, there is no reason to try and get anything, as not only is it just random slot machine because of the TF/WF, but you can also just wait for the new raid any you will get appropriate gear in fraction of time and at no effort.

I really agree on the dungeon finder, or more specifically random dungeon finder, I understand the reasoning behind it and it was a good idea. After all, sitting in capital city and trying to advertise a group for an hour isn't that much fun, however it allows you to easily decide who you want to run with and in classic without cross realms you actually knew people and knew who you want to group up with and who you wanted to skip.

On the other hand, I think that a lot of people will be disappointed about classes. Many have just simple mechanics and just use one or two spells in raids, although I can't really say that it is so much better now in retail. In the end I also hope that Blizz will try and adopt the next expansion to be more like classic. Harder content outside instances, more control over proc effects and gearing is all necessity for fun game, at least in my opinion.