Wow, bad accident

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Palerider, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    [​IMG]

Mr "i am the law" haha

2. JPennStar

JPennStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    WOW, great job..... Now go have one of these... :boozer:

3. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I can't see why ppl have to text. Text msgs don't disappear if u don't reply asap. Even I ignore all calls or txts when they come while driving. Then again, the former is because I haven't gotten my full license yet so I won't attempt anything stupid either.

deltatux

4. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    Heck yeah Palerider...you and your wife are heros!

5. Alec**

Alec** Maha Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5850 1GB H²0
    as many poeple have already said ... well done, i think many people would just get to the scene and freak out / not know what to do. Good Job.

6. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I can't stand people who take a week to reply to a text and don't answer their phone, same way I can't stand not replying to a text quickly or answering the phone, if not phoning them right back after I missed it :wanker:

Just pull over :eek:

7. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    The thing about driving is, after you've drive so many years, you don't have to think about it.How many of you have went from point A to point B and went " wow I don't even remember most of the trip-it was like the car went by it's self"
    I guess you have to remind yourself to stay focused.
    Police showed up this morning measuring skid marks, and investigating.I guess the officer is in serious condition but had surgery last night.The guy didn't know many more details.
    Have a good weekend all, be safe :)

8. Subaru Swift

Subaru Swift Guest

GPU:
    1060 6gb STRIX OC
    nice one mate ;)

hope the cop is getting better.....

9. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    A co-worker of mine this past Monday was in a serious accident when a guy in a mercedes ran a stop sign. My co-worker ended up hitting him on the side and got deflected into a stopped tractor trailer. The other guy's excuse: he was in a hurry to get to work which was right in that area. He didn't want to stop, was was stopped courtesy of my co-worker.

My co-worker, fortunately, only has a sprained wrist and is sore, but alive and otherwise okay. He was pretty shaken up, but he came back to work in good spirits, most likely thankful it wasn't worse. All because of a guy who simply didn't want to stop.

10. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Maybe they watched it all on satellite already?

11. _NeO_

_NeO_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4070 x3 OC
    Nice job mate :thumbup: glad to hear that there are people which help the over in really extreme situation :cheers:

12. Leafblower

Leafblower Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 SLI
    I swear that it seems like everyone on the road does 5mph+ the speed limit no matter how high it is. People will flip you off for doing the limit on the highway.

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Well done, your helping I bet was greatly appreciated. Other people may have frooze up, or just watch it, but you lent your hand to help another in need. If only the world was filled with more people like you then it would be a much better place to live in.

Now sit back and have a digital pint on me :cheers:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  14. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    on Monday in my store parking lot a pedestrian was severely hurt by someone who was not paying attention nor yielding for him and its the law.Don't know what happened to the driver but i'm sure hes paying for it.

15. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    I got into a really bad accident this summer.

Let me tell you first hand, it's people like you (the OP) who are amazing people, as well as all the medical people.

I don't know how you guys do it. I am a measly computer scientist.

16. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Y'avais inke a pas faire le saut a 200 hm/h criss... Fallait pas etre une lumiere.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2009
  17. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire+HIS X1950 PRO Crossfire+OC
    Wow, and I thought I was special because I helped out at the scene of an accident. :p

Earlier this summer I was driving down a 2 lane country highway with a ditch and fields on both sides, there was a car behind me. I was going a bit over the speed limit (90 km/h, normal for this road) and the guy behind me decided to pass me. While he was passing me I saw oncoming traffic not too far away and got that "oh ****, something bad's gonna happen" feeling, I was right. I tried slowing down to make the pass easier for him but just as he got out in front of me, still in the opposite lane, he slammed on the brakes, locked up the wheels, spun 90 degrees and went off the road. I stopped instantly and ran over to the side of the road to see if he was alright, I found the car upside-down facing the opposite way we were driving. I called 911, told them what happened and where, and by the time I turned back to the car the guy got out. Just to be on the safe side, I crawled into the car and took the keys out of the ignition because I saw some smoke and stuff. It was a mess in there, blood was all over the roof and almost every interior panel in front of the driver, and there were just a bunch of interior panels lying around. Luckily the driver wasn't bleeding too badly and was fully conscious.

I guess I'm good in stressful situations like this, because I just ran to the car right as it happened while my mom and gf just kinda stared in shock.

Oh and deltatux, speed limit is 70 in rural areas if there's no sign. :)

18. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Whats really amazing is how many people have never actually learned HOW to pay attention to everything thats going on around them. Many "space" off, i'm sure most everyone is guilty of that at least now and then. I had to force myself to learn by being conciously aware of everything around me and after a while, it became second nature, i even check my mirrors every 5-8 seconds without realizing it. all cdl drivers are suppose to do the "smith" system, which takes alot of getting used to.

Thats why i think all driver education students should have to take something similar to CDL training just in order to drive, without the heavy trucks of course, you can learn alot of tools to make you a better driver beyond what little they teach in drivers ed to 15 year olds..c'mon now. Plus re-take the course every 5 years cause theres seriously too many people out there that literally do not know how to drive a vehicle properly and safely.

edit: almost forgot, good job palerider, hope there are citizens like you if i'm ever in a wreck, i keep recalling that video of that guy that got hit by a car and everyone ignored him, even walked around him as he layed there dieing.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  19. CrackWhiz

CrackWhiz Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4890 Dual Fan Editio
    awesome stuff man...
    once had a bike accident happen right infront of me...the guy lost control of the bike and smashed into a post...head first...his helmet saved his life...stopped a car that was going by and got him into it with the help of a couple of people...no idea what happened to him after that though....