Would you run you Ryzen CPU with these settings CPU fan 100%

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by gerardfraser, Dec 31, 2019.

1. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Would you run you Ryzen CPU with these settings CPU fan 100% to keep CPU cool when maxing CPU out 100%.
    Guess HH cut off image embed due to hotlinks from image host sites.

https://pasteboard.co/INRlItc.png

2. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    That tRFC......

386SX and Deleted member 213629 like this.
  3. now I gotta turn on some Maiden... that computer has excellent taste'

386SX likes this.
  4. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Well lets be real here,you must know that the readings from 3rd party software is never accurate.Really you must know by now.
    Here is a video I just took at 4600Mhz,tRFC is more accurate than screenshot but not 100% accurate,I could go on but no need to.tRFC read 298 in video

I am an old guy and Maidian/ACdc favorite of all time but I do like new stuff these days.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.

5. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    No no the technicals but the number.....,

6. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Which number is my point,Screenshot is 666 ,actual number in video is 298 but with either number it makes 0 difference in any benchmark from AIDA to PC gaming.
    It is all in peoples head and with Ryzen 4300Mhz is just as good as Intel 5000Mhz in gaming these days.

7. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    Eh I was just making a joke about your “evil” tRFC. Happy new year my Guru3D friends.

8. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    LOL sorry I am an idiot,it went over my head.
    Anyway I also made the thread as a joke,I was messing with someone on one of the forums.The real CPU voltages are default voltage. When changes are made in BIOS ,do not always get detected on desktop.

9. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    What motherboard are you using? If ASUS forget what it says in the BIOS it's a lie, it does it's own thing anyway and ignores what you set which is why unfortunately i have had to use Ryzen master as them settings work when set. Also my ASUS X570 Strix-F board sets high rTFC i think also it was 666 also. I have reported the bug to ASUS as alot of the memory sub timings do no apply from the BIOS and are ignored as it has been giving me huge headaches because i need to set the CMD from 1T to 2T inorder to boot the computer at 3733MT/s with 4x DIMM's. Using Ryzen memory calculator i can't get the system to post with the configuration settings if set within the BIOS but works fine if configured via Ryzen Master Utility so there are alot more memory setting failing to be applied. Reported to ASUS but it falls on deaf ears they don't give a hoot.

Use Ryzen master to check your configuration to make sure they have been set, but like i said don't put faith into the BIOS giving you correct readings or even setting them. Ryzen master and HWinfo have been 100% accurate for me as that was what got me concerned originally about the high rTFC as although set to 298 in the BIOS hwinfo reported 666, as did Ryzen Master, setting it to 298 in Ryzen master reboot and both utils see it as 298, and then when i got another 2 sticks of memory. CMD wound't set and Gear down doesn't work either. I think the only settings that work is the main CAS latencies settings and outside of that everything else is ignored regardless of what you set in the BIOS.

10. :cool: heh-heh-heh...