Would you like to join the Guru3D: OCZ SSD test team ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 10, 2015.

1. redrumy3

redrumy3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080 FE
    I would be interested in giving them a shot.Would love to see how it compares to my samsung or kingston. Just from all the negative reviews of ocz's ssd made me stay away from them even though I use to love ocz.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  2. mastercontrol90

mastercontrol90 New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    Pretty interested in this! Even if I recently got a new PC, I had to cut on the budget so right now I'm using two Caviar Black 500GB in Raid 0 configuration... Considering i never had an SSD I'm pretty curious to see how it perform compared to my actual storage, especially during light video editing and games loading.

My general hardware Specs:

Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO (don't worry the mediocre asmedia controller is already disabled)
    CPU: i7-4790 (non k) 4Ghz
    RAM: 2x4 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 1866mhz
    GPU : Gainward Windforce GTX 770 4 GB

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I wonder how many password reset requests were sent for people that haven't been here in years just so they can post here.

4. torntv

torntv New Member

GPU:
    R9 290x
    While new to the forum, I'd still like to be considered. I have the AMD Radeon 480 GB SSD from OCZ. I'd be very curious to see if there are any noticeable differences between the two. Thanks

5. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti GamingX
    I would not mind testing one of thoes drives for you Hilbert :)
    Previously i had a OCZ Agility 120GB drive for my OS, but it failed horrible on me and now rocking two Kingston V300 120GB and one 240GB, but not happy with the performance for them at all. I use one for OS and one for games.

6. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    torntv, and all the other 1 time posters here and new ppl,

as Hilbert EXPLICITLY said in his post, only long time members will be allowed. So please refrain from posting here. We appreciate the effort, but come on, have some sensibility.

I do not want to speak for the forum or Hilbert for that matter but I feel like it just needs to be said.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  7. Valagard

Valagard Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FE
    After a complete format M4 is back up to 400MBps read speeds

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I would like to be a part of it too!

I never owned a OCZ drive and new SSD would be nice to test.. Atm using one 2-3yrs old Intel330 with sandforce

9. erkki82

erkki82 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti Hybrid
    Pick me

Well maybe a long shot but would be interested. Reading here way longer than having a profile.
    My OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIops did feel blazing fast when bought them when released in 2011.
    Serving still in my brothers PC in 2x240gb RAID 0 configuration and as so don't feel sloppy even now. :infinity:

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    ^^^^^^^

I think you got ignored......

11. Gorey

Gorey Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970
    I don't post much, but i come to this site once a day to see what's new.

I would very much like to be apart of this test as i've never owned an SSD. It's not that i don't want one, they've just never been at the right mix of price vs reliability vs capacity for me to make the switch.

I would definately keep keep up on providing test reports if it meant getting one.

12. NGGJimmy

NGGJimmy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX570Pulse
    Yeah It will be great to do something like this one here. I've never had the chance to try SSD on my own system. It's Pain in the A** to start Windows 10 From HDD(WD Blue Cav) :D . Right now (and eventually ) in the coming years I'll still be gaming and even working more hard with programming stuff(sometimes it took 10-30secs to launch a 10-40 lines of simple program in VS15 ).

13. Huigie

Huigie Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080TI Poseidon
    I never want to test, touch or own a OCZ product ever again. I have a pile of 6! dead OCZ ssd's. Since I changed to Samsung I NEVER had a failure. :r

14. lordofthering

lordofthering Banned

GPU:
    2600XT
    I do qualify for hardware, but that's about it :).

However, even tho i do not qualify, i have suggestion, in order to make this test truly valid, let OCZ send money to the users willing to test, and let them buy their drive at random place/store, with fiscal bill and place and date of purchase sent to moderators (if does not harm privacy/show location, in public also).

In my opinion, that is valid way to test, not that i do not trust, but, that would be objective way to do it.

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Well OCZ drives are not made to be hammered. So next time don't benchmark them by mechanical means.
    Because if drive was faulty by design, then you would get RMA approved.

16. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Lol :D

A friend of mine bought an OCZ vector at the same time i did... but while i updated the firmware to 3.0, he didnt... and the old 2.0 firmware was notorious for bricking vectors, which it also did to his.

Point of this was - often when people have hardware dying early on them, they are to blame themselfs.

17. rofltheory

rofltheory New Member

GPU:
    2GB
    I would love to be a part of the testing group, I don't have much experience with the OCZ Technology brand and would be interested to see how this product runs. Very rarely do I get the opportunity to see how product functions over 2 years compared to just the first initial review. I would use this SSD as my main hard drive and use it for my OS and also to run various games at max settings.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Count me in Hilbert. I was just thinking about upgrading my 64gb M4 and installing Windows on the new drive so this would come handy. I'm cool with the rules, it'll get a nice workout and I'll be reporting back. I'll most likely partition it, reserve around 80gb for the OS and apps, rest for games.

Good luck all and thanks for the opportunity.

EDIT: I will give away my Crucial M4 to a less fortunate guru if I get in on this, I know it's not much, but it's served me great and it's plenty large for the OS and all the apps.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  19. JoseyWales

JoseyWales Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 670 2GIG
    I would love to be a part of this. Seems like a great Idea for real world statistics.

20. Plamen

Plamen New Member

GPU:
    HD 6870 1Gb
    Hi all , i will join with pleasure , i allredy have HPG 900 by A-data /128Gb model / on Asus Z77V-Pro and maby will be a difference between this SSD drives