Would you like to join the Guru3D: OCZ SSD test team ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 10, 2015.

1. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I wouldn´t mid getting one of those SSD´s because i´ve nerver played with one yet but i´m not "very good" with commitments not to mention i don´t have the necessary hardware, so i´ll sit this one out.

Good luck to the winners!

2. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Jesus christ, you sprinkle the word "free" and the homeless people come running in.

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Look at the FreeSync thread in the AMD section. People were joining the forum just to post in that thread. I'm waiting to see this thread go that way.

4. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Well Hillbert already stated that the people choosen, will be forum regulars... but thats a quite Loose definition, so who knows what that actually Means... could be 500 post reqruirement, 1 year membership reqruirement or something like that.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Well it should be really daily forum posters. I would also recommend he thinks about people who are still on mechanical drives, not some one who already owns couple of SSD's.

6. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    No Sata3 here atm till my new mobo comes but i'd test the ballz out of that thing and i'm still on a mech drive.

Never went for an ssd because hdd has served me well but would love to take part in this test.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  7. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Im in for joining the test... I'v always liked OCZ SSD's, I have a Vector, its been pretty flawless since iv gotten it but its in my 2nd pc.. Send one my way and I'll throw it in my new build. Im wanting to get get rid of my HHD anyways, this would be perfect to go from 3 drives to just 1. Would like to see how these new OCZ's perform compared to my 940 Pro's too.

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I'll fill a spot in if you need one

9. sardine

sardine Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 2070
    I use my pc every day I help moderate a Retro Computer website (and too much according to the wife :D )

i currently use a Crucial MX100 256gb SSD and have no issues at all for the year or so of use.

So I would like to help with the testing if needed.

thanks.

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    P67 m/b but running SATA 6Gps SATA3 Port. Tired of having to Acronis system image every so often to keep the drive speedy. 840 evo problem. Latest firmware as well.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

11. FerCam™

FerCam™ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    Well maybe homeless people give more value/importance to the gift and keep the commitment through the 2 years.

12. Wrinkly

Wrinkly Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon 290 / 4GB
    Very interested in trying one of these as I have been putting off getting an SSD for some time. Are they as reliable as the older HDs?

My main PC is left on 24/7 and is used daily for work (programming), gaming, TV (via WMC which constantly writes to disk) and all the other usual stuff.

Hardware -
    GA-Z77-UD3
    i7-3770k
    16GB DDR3
    R9 290 (desktop 1440p)
    Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1200
    2 x WD 1TB

Software -
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Visual Studio 2008,2012,2013
    MS Office 2007
    Open Office
    VMware (various OS's)
    Steam (774 games)
    World of Tanks

Backups are taken to other networked PCs and a couple of WD My Passport Ultras.

13. ManiusNG

ManiusNG Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX970/4GB
    I'm more a quiet lurker out here (for quite some time...) but I do use 2 SSDs (OCZ Vertex 4 and Crucial MX100) on a daily basis. It might be some challenging test :)

14. Boneface

Boneface Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290 4gig
    would love to be part of this...spend endless hours on computer!

15. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I'd love to test a new OCZ SSD. I've been using a 120GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD as my main OS drive which has recently given up the ghost. Since I don't have the funds available to get another SSD right now as the times have been a little rough, I've been running Windows on my HDDs...I never thought going back to a HDD for the OS drive would be that hard and...slow.

I'll be honest. Since I didn't have the best of luck with my Vertex 2 SSD (had to be replaced twice under warranty for dying and has now died the final time), I probably wouldn't go with another OCZ drive if I had to buy one, unless it's price/performance ratio was the most affordable by far.
    However, I'd be willing to give the new OCZ drives another chance as part of this focus group with an open mind. I'm prepared to work hard and provide all the data the test requires to my best ability.
    If OCZ has really managed to turn things around, I'll be more than happy to purchase my next SSD drive (if needed) and various other hardware from OCZ again (as long as prices aren't ridiculous) once I'm more liquid again.

Thus I'd love to be in the focus and test group and report back regularly on how the SSD has been performing and doing as my main OS/Gaming/Productivity drive on my main PC (X79 chipset) that I use every day for studies, work and entertainment. I likely wouldn't be doing much benchmarking except for the ones needed for the testing/focus group as well as stability tests after upgrading new Hardware etc. with it, since I've gone away from benchmarking and into actually using my computer in recent years, but since you're looking for real world usage scenarios anyhow, and I'm good with that, so I'd absolutely love to help with this focus test!

Thank you very much for your consideration!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015

16. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    ide love to join this in the hope i get picked thank you in advance for this amazing chance

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Problem is verifying who actually owns what. I have 2 laptops and 2 desktops. I own 6 mechanical drives, 1 Hybrid and 2 SSDs... Without me stating such, nobody has any way to know what I own. Same goes for everyone else on the forum. We only know what people tell us and unless we know them in person, we have no way of knowing if they're telling the truth.

Personally, I'd love to have one of these SSDs. Problem is, I don't have a system I can install one in. I am watching the prices of these drives and will pick one up when funds (and an opportunity to install one) become available.

18. modjo81

modjo81 New Member

GPU:
    nvidia gtx 970 4gb
    I have a kingston sv 300 and i have low write speed.
    I want to test the new ocz vertex 460a sata 3.
    I'm testing now windows 10 and meany beta softwares.

19. financialterror

financialterror Guest

GPU:
    AMD r9
    hilbert hoe istie jonge... im in btw ;)

20. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    And you registered just to try and get something for free.....