Would you like to join the Guru3D: OCZ SSD test team ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 10, 2015.

1. FerCam™

FerCam™ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980
    I would like to help on this too, I have 3 ocz drives 60GB and 120GB vertex 2 and a dead 120GB vertex 3 due to a power surge (my fault). The 60 vertex 2 and the 120GB vertex were Win OS drives, the 120GB vertex 2 (second hand) was for linux. Currently I'm using two samsung one 840evo and a 850pro both 256GB, also a corsair force gt 120GB on a intel x79. No mechanical drives on this PC since 2012.

Besides that OCZ SSDs are currently difficult to find in my country (Portugal).
    And I take my PC with me on vacations.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  2. David3k

David3k Active Member

GPU:
    Graphics Processing Unit
    Though I seldom post, I've been lurking here for a pretty decent amount of time, I even registered my forum account a year later.

I'm David Kuresh Merino Saatchi from the Philippines, and would love to get involved with this. I would like to throw my hat in the ring.

I've actually had an SSD before and would love to give this one a shot. I have always been hesitant of OCZ because of the said damage to their reputation that Hilbert mentioned; they've always seemed like the least reliable option. But this seems like a perfect chance to get some first-hand experience with OCZ and SSDs in daily use.

EDIT: my Join date is 07-29-2003, holy crap

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I'd like to help if I can.

4. Racayo

Racayo Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 290
    not that im an active forum poster, i come here every day for my hardware news need, and in no way posting to get a free ssd, i'm just posting to give some feedback about ocz ssds because i have a p8p67 deluxe and an ocz vector 128, and never had a problem with it, ocz guru reports 95% health, using it as my os drive for 2 years, using the pc for at least 8h a day, downloading, playing some games and read/write some files, the general stuff. so pretty happy with the reliability about it

5. Vtech

Vtech Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    Count with me if meet the requirements,

I have a Z87 based motherboard, already have a SSD but with this space I can copy my virtual machines over the SSD.

My main use is Gaming, Internet and Virtual Machines, lots of different OS for testing purposes (Linux, Win XP, Win 7, Windows 10 Preview, Windows 2012R2), at times I have 5 to 6 VM in simultaneous, I think its gonna stress the SSD a lot.

6. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    I read the article just fine, I just assumed that the monthly updates may of been done in a private forum section to avoid spam from people not taking part in the test is all.

7. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    I would love to test an OCZ SSD for guru3d. I still use three oldschool Vertex 60Gs in different computers I own. A Revo3 240 PCIe SSD along side with two PNY SSDs in RAID 0 in my main PC. I have been using OCZ SSDs for a while now and they have always worked great.

8. financialterror

financialterror New Member

GPU:
    AMD r9
    have an ocz agility 3, works good

9. amit

amit Master Guru

GPU:
    HD5970 -EK block
    Welll, I do daily run on VMWare and 5-6 hours of daily gaming ( HOTS, Dota2, specially ).
    Would love to help if You are looking for SSD test under hot ambient condition of India :)

10. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    Hi,

I would love to help testing, hardware is not cheap in South Africa, so any opportunity to test the latest tech would be great.

11. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    I definitely would like to be a part of this! I had an OCZ as my first ssd, a whopping 30GB of storage haha.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    The purpose being to prove OCZ drives to be as reliable as the other options, having everyone posting in a "private" section of the forum would defeat such purpose. Making the "private section" public after 2 years would have people questioning the results.

13. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI
    I would be delighted and definitely interested to sign up for this program .

14. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Yeah you're probably right, didn't really think about it like that :)

15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yes I think you're right, I was going to edit out the question but was too lazy. :)
    My SSD is on the Asmedia controller because the AMD onchip has 4x HDD's attached in RAID 0 and trim isn't supported with RAID drivers. Was seeing over 450 read though. Haven't checked for a while.

I think he said Marvel and Asrock specifically. Marvel performance isn't wonderful, as Fox mentioned above. Less than Intel SATA II transfer rates in some cases.

16. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Hillbert wrote 3rd party controllers, and then marvel and asrock afterwards as an example :)

But i dont see why you cant ask Hillbert specifically regarding the Asmedia controller.

17. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1070 Ti FE
    I would be willing to partake in this. I haven't that active in the forums as I used to be because of all the trolls that frequent here now, but I still lurk and read it every day, just my input has been limited. I currently have a Crucial M4 and a Samsung 840Pro in my system as well.

18. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    I would love to be a part of this.

Currently running an x79 system and would hook it up to one of the Intel SATA III ports.

My main computer at home gets used for probably 3-4 hours per day on average.

19. Sycuss_MoO

Sycuss_MoO Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080TI FTW3 Elite
    I'd happy to test a ssd. My main rig is running on a crucial m4 256gb drive that was over 400 when puchased man have times changed. In my ps4 i have a seagate hybrid drive 1tb. In the wifes computer we have a kingston hyper x 128gb sata 3.0 drive, and in a laptop a samsung 840 pro 128gb drive.

The drive that has a sandforce controller is the kingstone drive it is the drive that has no issues or performance problems.

Im on a z77 platform running at 4.9ghz.

20. Paradoxx

Paradoxx Member

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX 580
    I'd love to have a chance to participate, running on a crucial m4 256gb for almost 3 years now, gaming on a daily basis, pretty much all genres, from WoW to Star Citizen and Battlefield 4 etc'.