Would you like to join the Guru3D: OCZ SSD test team ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 10, 2015.

1. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 ti
    I'm interested for sure.

2. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Sounds like a great way to really test an SSD's long term performance, sadly I don't qualify being on SATA2 but good luck to those that are in the running to take part.

Will there be any updates during the 2 years on how the SSD's are doing Hilbert? Would be nice for those not involved in the testing to see how they're doing over time :)

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    I'd imagine the reports of the testers will be made public so everyone can see monthly reports, just a guess though

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I can help if needed.... are AsMedia controllers OK to use?

5. DJKiller

DJKiller New Member

GPU:
    nothing at the moment
    i would love to be a part in the testing :) i never been in any testing but i always wanted to be. I daily check this forum so it wouldnt be a problem for me to post one a month something. I am looking forward to this if i would be chosen.

6. GHAM1

GHAM1 Active Member

GPU:
    sapphireTRIXX R9 290x CF
    i wont mind giving this a try, as im on my pc whole day everyday

7. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti FTW3
    I'm interested as well, never owned an SSD so this would be a win/win. My rig is always running from morning till late at night, 7 days a week . Sometimes i keep it ON even when sleeping. My z68 mobo has SATA3. Although the eSATA3 port is shared with the 3_1 connector, im not using that port anyway.

8. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX VEGA 56
    I'm interested in this.

I use my current SSD (Samsung EVO 840 120 GB) for some heavy~ish video edition (Mostly raw uncompressed video files and audio) So, the SSD will be put some really good use.
    I also would love to help them.

9. Kaerar

Kaerar Master Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64
    I'll bite.

I do live in Australia, but run an X79 rig with a 3930K overclocked moderately.

Been running an Intel 520 SSD as OS for a couple of years now and would be able to give that OCZ a run for it's money. Content creation (Photoshop, CryEngine etc...) as well as gaming and file transfers would be the main order of the day.

10. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Also interested. I am a forum member all over the place. Most of the time my rig is up and running 24/7. I can use FX 8350 amd cpu to test the ssd on sata III as well. Also i can hit some adobe after effect and sony vegas hard use on this drive.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    People who never owned an SSD would definitely need to win this. They should finally realize that difference is amazing.

12. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yess give more credit to me. :D

13. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
    I'd love to take part in something like this, But i know i have next to no chance on three fronts. First beening i now only use Laptops and using HM67 with only 2 SATA III ports, second i am a Member that hasn't been around that long although i have plenty of time to kill now adays. Thirdly i am always wiping my OS ever 3 months without fail so more chance of Killing said SSD in the first place. Oh well good luck to them that have been chosen as i would be looking forward for the reviews on this SSD due to my current SSD being an EVO 840 250GB with the dam firmware bug so i am looking for another maker to jump to.

14. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Well its not really "winning" it - you get it to test it.

And one of the reqruirements for testing it (as Hillbert listed) is having a native sata 3 controller - people who doesnt have an ssd, are likely to have a dated rig, meaning no sata 3 controller (deathchilld being one of the exceptions).

15. GHAM1

GHAM1 Active Member

GPU:
    sapphireTRIXX R9 290x CF
    ive been running my 2x wd blacks in raid0 for 6 years no no issues yet SSDs just seems to expensive

16. BahamutxD

BahamutxD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 GamingX
    No region limitations? Then I'm in for this.

17. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Seems interesting, I mostly run Crucial SSDs now due to stability. I also made the call to purchase all Crucial (MX100) disks for our workstations lately because they seem pretty solid (and priced very well). So actually experiencing the reliability and performance of a new SSD seems pretty nice to me as I can then later add another manufacturer to choose from the next time I shop for parts.

Currently have a M500 480GB (storage/scratch) and Intel 530 240GB (primary) on my desktop in addition to regular HDDs. Also a Samsung 840 based M2 drive in my laptop (OEM drive, has massive performance degradation due to the TLC bug). In addition to those, I previously owned a 256GB 830 and 90GB Force GT, both still operational but delegated to an older PC (both 228X drives have given me zero trouble). I know SSDs fairly well and can put them through the test with various types of typical-prosumer workloads. If given the SSD, I'll be placing it in a X99 machine with a 5820K (X99-A, set to RAID mode). Ambient temperatures and humidity should be relatively mild here in Tokyo, if OCZ or anyone wanted to test it in a specific environment (currently 18C/55%).

Regularly utilize Photoshop, Keyshot, and CAD (mainly Inventor, SW) packages. I can test it via the main system drive in addition to the cache/scratch/pagefile drive.

18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    I think it is more about transfer rate than manufacturer, while I have 2 intel's SATAIII, my MB has 1 Marvel SATAIII which is inferior in read speed, in write it does actually bit better than intel on my SSD.
    But if controller can't read lets say 450MB/s then big part of measurement would go to waste.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Oh come on................... Getting a free ssd is not "winning" it?
    I hope these OCZ ssds find their way to honest users and those who are able to call things for what they are.
    First and foremost this is marketing. Not particularly stealthy or dangerous like Rollo/Nvidia and "AMD overclocking guides".
    And you're not testing or researching anything. If anything is tested and researched - it's you.

That being said, I have nothing against it, first and foremost because OCZ needs a push, and because Samsung and Sandisk look very bullish atm.
    Oh and maybe decide whether this is OCZ SSD test team or Guru3D SSD test slash focus group ;)

20. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 Quadrobake
    I already own a 240GB OCZ Vertex III SSD. I know how to benchmark and maintain them not only under Windows, but under Linux too.