Would you like to join the Guru3D: OCZ SSD test team ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 10, 2015.

1. bonomork

bonomork Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080Ti
    Congrats guys !

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    That he did, amazing guy. :)

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    The first thing you guys should test is how long it takes to format them. If they have the same issue as the Vector 180s, OCZ needs to address it immediately.

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    +1 guru 3d member here. props!

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Haha I'm only joking with ya matey.:) kudos for giving away your drive. Guru3d is the only site I know of that has generous members that give items away. Half decent community here better than alot of others out there.

Bedtime for me anyhow, work tomorrow and boxing in the evening. Goodnight all.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, I gave away a Sapphire Dual-X 7950 on here. The Crucial M4 64gb isn't really in the same boat as far as giveaways go, but I might as well give it to a member here. Otherwise it would most likely just collect dust :)

7. jgorow

jgorow New Member

GPU:
    radeon r7 graphics
    i am a self-taught tech who is experienced in hardware and software, everything from build-repairs-upgrades-maintentance, have been since windows 95, started back then as a hobby, you would prob consider me a power-user. I have done various beta tests for microsoft, was a memeber of the microsoft system builder program for awhile. done various other beta tests for other software companies for a long time, for example, been doing beta tests for iobit ever since asc was back in version 3. I beleive this would be an ideal opportunity for me as i have yet to start using solid state drives, and this would be a benefit for you as well as for me, I believe we could both get alot out of this, if i am chosen, beneficial for both you and i. this would be the push that I have been looking for to start to get experience with solid state drives. I would be extremely!! happy for an oppotunity to participate!!!

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Too late, you fall under the not enough posts category, ie 1 post.

9. jgorow

jgorow New Member

GPU:
    radeon r7 graphics
    its ok, i been coming here for quite some time now but never set up an account, will continue to come here for news on driver updates as I always have

10. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Guru3d GTX 980 G1
    The fact that you even tried leads me to believe that you may be a self-taught tech but seriously you aren't that bright are you.

Lucky this isn't paper but you just wasted a few kilobytes of H's server space for nothing.

No point even reading what you said because, Derp.

11. Octopuss

Octopuss Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    Is there any particular reason to behave like a moron?

12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    The SSD arrived and I just cloned the drive with the bundled software but I don't know if there's any problems left. After cloning I swapped out the original and put the new one in its spot and got a crash as soon as Windows booted. On the second boot it worked and asked for a restart. On restart it checked for "disk" integrity and fixed a bunch of files.

I'm not sure if it's a great idea to leave it as it is or if I should just do a format and do a completely fresh install. The issue with this is it'd take me an entire day to customize and install everything again.

Oh and for you other 9, for some reason OCZ's website doesn't link Acronis True Image 2014 through the link it lists so I just downloaded it through Acronis's website.

So I guess we should start a new thread in the SSD section now? I'll have the some benchmarks ready as soon as I do some testing to see if there's anything still wrong.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  13. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Neat, i wasn't sure if they were being sent so soon.

I to am considering a full install rather than a cloning, but i think I'll give a clone a week or so and see how it feels. When i cloned this OS from my old SSD to the current HDD it all went well and ran with no issues (bar the loading speed :bang:), i used EaseUS todo Backup for that though.

14. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green
    Ah, I didn't think they were in the mail yet either. My new Sager arrived yesterday and I was thinking of installing Windows tonight. Maybe I'll wait a couple more days to see if it arrives on my doorstep.

* Haha, my wife just went outside and found the box, on the ground by the steps with our porch rug/mat on top of it.... rather odd - but the bad boy's here and that's what counts. :nerd:

15. jgorow

jgorow New Member

GPU:
    radeon r7 graphics
    maybe sometime down the road you guys will let me participate in the beta tests, if you do, i will be available at any time

16. jgorow

jgorow New Member

GPU:
    radeon r7 graphics
    well, maybe we got off on a bad foot, but, that wasnt very nice, i thought i was very polite

17. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    General rule of thumb should be to format and install from fresh to make rule out any cloning/partition table issues. I would also suggest someone to open a new thread or section for the test, after all, it will be ongoing for 2 years.

I've had a Windows 8 installation flawlessly migrate from an AMD platform to an Intel one via just plugging it into the new machine and letting it sort itself out, just to suddenly after a month or so start throwing up BSODs and constant "high" (5-15% idle) CPU usage (not a virus/malware) sometimes.

18. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Hey mate u should be able to clone to the new SSD without any problems, as if you had the the same disk as before. Was it 4K aligned when it was cloned? Likely the SSD has some issues though.

I use Easus and tick the SSD option, u could try it instead of Acronis. When u clone use the file copy not sector by sector or the new drive will end up as fragmented as the old one.....

[​IMG]

19. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Mate I used to reimage dozens of client machines for Auckland University and we never had issues with cloning....

20. pralay

pralay Banned

GPU:
    8GB RAM
    Sure am Interested. My 256GB Plextor M6 is getting rather small with stuff like BF4, GTA V.. and even LoL already taking 10GB. Had the Original Vertex but sadly can't use it because of compatibility issues with Intel's Z87 and Z97 chipsets.