Would you like to join the Guru3D: OCZ SSD test team ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I do wish that the reqruirements in that regard had been more specific - "long term members" is a very Loose term, and could mean anything really.

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    "I will only give this opportunity to five Guru3D regulars, this means I will select five people that have been active in our forums who are knowledgeable and have been keen on assisting. Long time forum member will get my preference here."

Seems pretty specific to me.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I think this will be mostly eliminated by Hilbert picking the right candidates.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    A year is not long term.

5. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    "long time" is being specific? So enlighten me, what time period does "long time" cover? Is that half a year, or? Thats basically what i would like to have clarified :)

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Knowing Hilbert, it likely means members who have been here for quite a few years. At least 2 or more would be my guess. Not saying you can't throw your name in the hat, or that there's any type of "favoritism" going on. He just wants the testing to be done professionally and this is the only selection bias he can use.

7. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I'm interested in testing out the drive and I do my best to report the results every month.

8. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    Most definately. As a member of this board for many years now, and my various contributions of opinion, bringing foobar to the attention of many in its early stages, and now also into music production, I'm sure I could drive that drive straight into the ground :) It'd be nice to see a different SSD as opposed to the Intel SSD, and now Samsung 870 Evo Ive been running for a few years as my OS drive. By all means, consider me for the test H :)
    For music production, I use Propellerhead Reason 8.1 and Synthogy Ivory II, so not exactly 'light' applications *Ivory II is 77 Gigs for 3 piano samples* in the least...and I love to critisize and evaluate objectively :)

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I could guarantee an unbiased review. I just can't guarantee monthly updates. My schedule is becoming unpredictable these days. Hell, right now I'm posting from my Lumia....

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Seeing as the forum has been going for around 15 years, and there's still active gurus on here that have been around for 5+ years, my bet would be more than half a year or a year. To get a preference. Pretty simple.

11. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I've got nothing but time these days, I've been having real back trouble the past few years and recently got diagnosed with Spina Bifida Occulta, some days I can barely walk. So I've all the time in the world at the minute, bring on the SSD stress test!

12. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Ouch! Does something like that heal over time, or is it completely permanent?

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ah that's bad mate, hope you're ok.

14. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    It's a birth defect, my spinal column didn't form correctly around my spinal cord. Basically there's a hole in my spine and the most common symptom is a tethered spinal cord and it leads to damage of the cord. Nothing I can do, I have been doing yoga and usually helps but it flares up every now and again. At the minute I'm going on 2 1/2 months without being able to walk without being in severe pain. It's just going to get worse I suspect.

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Not a fun condition. I've worked with a few people that have it.

So, do any pain meds help?

16. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Nothing I've been given helps yet, on a cocktail of baclofen, ibuprofen, 60mg codeine, and 1000mg paracetamol x2-3 times a day. I see an osteopath for back correction, it usually helps but this time it didn't

17. Chaython

Chaython Guest

GPU:
    AMD/7970/3GB
    I'm kind of a novice to this forum however I hope you will put some faith in me and give me this opportunity
    I have a GA-Z97N motherboard and i7 4790k waiting for this beast of a SSD

18. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I know 2yrs seems a long time, I felt the same but isn't it likely you'll still be here in 2yrs?
    You would not be obligated to do a positive review, I don't see this as marketing tbh and I don't believe that's in Hilbert's nature anyway. Besides he said it was to be transparent.

Imho this is a good idea, if OCZ stand behind these Toshiba?? drives and are willing to put their neck out then they should get a fair go. :)

19. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I'm sorry to hear that man. :( I have a friend who's younger brother had some type of Spina Bifida since birth, serious stuff indeed. I hope you can find some treatment to help with the pain at the least.

20. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I've been on baclofen for my back. I take ibuprofen for my knees. Codeine screws with my head. Paracetamol is basically Tylenol (it's just acetaminophen)....

I don't see how you can function taking all 4 of those together. Hopefully they find someone that works.

Barring me getting banned, of course I'll be here in 2 years.

This is marketing, pure and simple.

I agree that they should get a fair go. My next SSD will be an OCZ model. Exactly which model, I don't know yet. I do have the confidence in OCZ and Toshiba to purchase one of their SSDs though.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015