Would you buy Bose?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by flimbo, Sep 21, 2011.

?

Would you buy Bose?

1. Yes

18.8%
  2. No

81.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Well, there are millions of different acronyms for anything and everything obviously, but you tried to be a smart a** with it, and didn't even get the usual comment right...

2. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX1080 Ti
    I don't believe there are "millions of different acronyms for everything"

3. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    sure there is... ok, I could make one right now for Polk, lol ok

Prefer
    Original
    Loudspeakers
    Klipsch

4. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX1080 Ti
    So really you should have said "there are potentially millions of different acronyms for everything"

Although i don't usually sink to this level of pedantry, thanks for enticing me.

5. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Not even gonna waste my time on you...

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I think that is the point that many of us are making, in that you can get much better sound quality and for a better price also.
    Well, to each their own I guess.

7. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    The problem is the marketing - like those -awful- Beats by Dr. Dre headphones - they're so well marketed that people who aren't mega nerdy about this kind of thing hand over huge sums of money, thinking it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Even if bread probably has better midrange.

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Have you tested out the Beats, the original "studio" models?

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    i agree on such type
    [​IMG]
    http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii221/thehunter82/sony-headphones-plugs.jpg

that's the worst thing there is.. Poor ears :micro:

Std type ftw!
    http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii221/thehunter82/sonyearbud2.jpg

[​IMG]

10. flimbo

flimbo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    You too can experience an HP laptop...

"It features Beats Audio™ and quad speakers with extra amps, which include a rear pair that tilt forward to direct sound toward you, for a better listening experience."

"The HP ENVY14 Beats™ Edition features unbelievable music playback with Beats Audio™"

Ooooooh hold me back!

11. flimbo

flimbo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Sorry the Dr. Dre Beats audio stuff is another thread altogether.

12. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    I know as soon as someone mentioned them I just envisioned a Bose part 2 thread...let's add the iPhone into the equation next why don't we... :)

13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Try and stay on topic:)

14. flimbo

flimbo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    This thread might be about finished anyway.
    And to Maleficarus (David Leach) from Toronto, you can can bang on all you like about how good your Bose speakers are, but...!
    Until you have heard better speakers for a fraction of the price you paid (don't you have any mates with good speakers?) you will always defend your Bose purchase whether they were on sale or not. Have you heard any better?
    This poll has confirmed the vast majority of around 80% of listeners would not even consider lining Boses's pocket with more money. It's about time Bose teamed up with Dr. Dre and his Beats audio now...? Hmmm..........

I'd just like to add that my experience with Bose was terrible. I sampled one of their Wave Radio's and though it sounded **** and boomy. In a local shop I heard Creative's equivalent Soundworks 740 which sounded much better...
    ...So I bought one for about £50 off Ebay...
    ...and it sounds great for a kitchen radio at a fraction of the price!

In fact I'm listening to it now as it's 2am and want to keep things quiet for the neighbours. All sounds good here! :)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  15. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Well, you haven't heard my system with my 201's fronts and cube rears and center, paired up with a Yamaha Receiver and Wharfedale subwoofer... I would be very surprised if you said it sounded no good, I would say that you might even say it's ok... Look, also that the Bose speakers can be put anywhere and shifted around in a few minutes, whereas the drawback to Floorstanding and even some booky speakers, they weigh a ton and they need a bloody forklift to move them.

regards,
    RagDoll.

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The poll results is no surprise to me....I doubt it is a big surprise to others either.

17. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Let's just put it this way. Yes.... Bose speakers aren't really the BEST out there. I'm sure you can find, or build, much better. But there are two things that i think really do need to be looked at rather than the "Bose Sucks!!!" angle.

1) Other speakers may sound much better... but are they compact and able to be placed anywhere and sometimes hardly noticable? Seeing as many in here point out either the small speakers or the fact that aside from the floor sub box, each satellite only has one small speaker rather than 2 or 3 speakers dedicated for highs and mids/lows... probably not.

2) If you were to try to find other compact speaker systems... or attempt to build your own (ha).... would they sound even close? Maybe... maybe not. I've listened to a fair share of speakers, at least when it comes to car audio and computer/home audio. I bought a rather expensive set of component speakers for my Smart Fortwo because, well, it has only two mids, two tweets, and a rather meh under-seat sub, and music in a car that sounds good is more important to me than what seems to be the norm for kids these days. You know, you see them driving a shiny new VW that mom bought, throwing subs in and having them so loud they vibrate crap all over, and an exhaust with that tone that sounds similar to a John Deere. As for my computer speakers... While they might not be the best around (not long ago, someone in a thread here linked to a set of really nice 5.1 speakers that i wanted, but didn't want to upgrade AGAIN), i'm quite pleased with my Logitech Z-5500's for my computer-based gaming and movie watching, as well as my PS3-based gaming needs. I've had other cheapy speaker sets that sounded quite good from logitech (Z-540), but didn't last as long.... and i've also had other speaker sets that just sounded like ass from the get-go(X-530). At one point i decided the hell with it, and just went for the Z-5500's.

Yes... Bose might not be the greatest... but for the price, they sound quite good, and are quite easy to spread around the room, without being the size of a mini-fridge. And just remember... when i talk about "for the price"... i'm talking about the sub-$1,000 sets of speakers that you hook up to a receiver.... not the $1,500+ sets that come with their own receiver.

18. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    No surprise to me either really. What the results tell me is out of that 80% that say they wouldn't buy anything Bose; a good solid 50% probably never even heard Bose in action. They are strictly placing there vote on price rather then sound. I guess there is nothing wrong with that but it just goes to show you how misleading polls are on hardware forums. Real user reviews are the only way to go to gauge a real idea of a product.

19. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You're guessing at the 50%.....So that number is imaginary.
    However, since you're making up numbers we can do that also, so I would say out of the small percentage that voted they would buy them, 80% have never heard quality speakers.

Many of us here base our opinions on the sound quality we heard from their systems.

The poll is accurate based on the audio users here.
    Now, because the poll didn't give you the result you were hoping for, you make excuses for the products, suggest the poll is faulty...etc?

I bet if the poll went the other way you would be telling people how accurate polls are!
    Give it up! You keep saying other people are biased but you seem to be exhibiting all the signs.

The poll was done, the results are in....Accept them and move on.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  20. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    hear hear !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.