Would you buy Bose?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by flimbo, Sep 21, 2011.

?

Would you buy Bose?

1. Yes

18.8%
  2. No

81.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anfield82

Anfield82 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    I received Bose IE2 headphones as a present and I like them. Yeah, there is probably better out there but that's normally the case with everything. They are a huge step up from crappy Apple headphones lol so I'm not going to complain. Also, I don't listen to music and go hmm that 1 second right there didn't sound right.

2. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    He has measurements in the 'cold hard numbers' section.

Now, we don't know how well these measurements were taken, but they are not good.

Would you buy a pair of speakers that measure like that, or like this?

[​IMG]

Those are about $200 a pair...I know where my money would go ;)

3. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 OC
    (Haven't read through the entire topic)

The satellites look to small to me. Even at modest SPL they are likely to distort easily.

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    maleficarus from all the post i read that you posted here, All you been doing is applying Double standards. Its OK to like something that you own and enjoy but there no need to act bias towards it which what your coming off as when I read your posts as well as it seem like your just defending your purchase. I not saying there's nothing wrong with you loving your Bose system. There is if you trying to turn your opinion or positive reviews only into a fact and shoving it down every one else throats. Then playing off actual facts as bias because you disagree with them.

You also cant only look at positive reviews of speakers only and ignore the negative reviews like they mean nothing also applies in reverse too. Not every one like the product same with any thing else. They found something about it and mention it as why they didn't like it as why they posted a negative review. Their not bias in doing so. Neither of those who listen or used to own Bose who mention their dislike for them and the reason why.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011

5. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I totally agree +1

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    People seem to forget that opinions vary. Just because a persons opinion varies from yours does not mean they are biased. It just means the do or do not like to product in question.

Other peoples opinions should carry the same weight as yours in a forum. If you want people to take your opinion into account then you should also grant them the same courtesy.

These opinion threads..will never end because they are based on personal OPINION.
    So remember this is a poll thread not an extension of the other Bose thread.
    Keep this in mind before posting in this thread.

7. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    after this thread is long gone. "hifi enthusiasts" will still call people who like bose ignorants and nothing will change. so whats the point in this thread. if you have them you love them and thats all that matters. im sure non of your friends will say "dang that sounds bad" when they come over to your house.

8. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Lie495s14: Uh huh.... so you're saying that overpriced speakers in a home theater environment suck... but having overpriced speakers in an overpriced car makes them sound FANTASTIC?

We have a set of Bose 5.1 surround speakers for our home theater.... and to me, they're quite jaw dropping. Unfortunately they're not hooked up right now because of a bit of remodeling. :(

Basically like this set:

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=...home_theater_speakers/acoustimass_6/index.jsp

Just the 5 small satellites and the sub box, hooked up to a Kenwood receiver.

9. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    No that is not what he said at all, he said he finds Bose under perform for their price. However, the set he heard in that Benz might be the exception.

Here, read it over again:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  10. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    thats what he said.

11. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Yeah, it is... so what you're saying ROB?

12. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Yes, but opinion soon becomes bagging a product, especially one who's brand is held in a demeaning way from some audio enthusiasts... When this happens, opinions turn to something else if you know what I mean... Nothing wrong with opinions, as long as they stay opinions, if you catch my drift...

13. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Interesting poll results. 80% that voted "no" never heard Bose in action!

14. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    why would they? its not worth the price anyway, that's why they voted no.

15. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    86.8% of all stats are made up?..

You don't know what other people have heard to be fair, I'v listened to many bose systems from the past and present and mostly not been blown away by the sound they produce unlike other systems.

although I will admit to been blown away by some of their pricing for some recent systems. :)

16. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Yes I will agree. Very pricey! If you can find them on sale it is well worth it!

17. flimbo

flimbo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    How do you work that one out?

18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Wishful thinking:nerd:

19. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Common sense...

20. Rebel975

Rebel975 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC+
    Since the poll doesn't address whether or not you've heard a Bose system, it wouldn't matter if 100% of people that voted "no" had never heard one.

Would they buy Bose? No. There doesn't need to be any explanation.

I would buy Bose if the price was very, very right. Otherwise I'd build some speakers myself.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.