Would you buy a game from Thailand on ebay

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by dcx_badass, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Da{N}ka

Da{N}ka Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI XFX GTX285 Black Ed.
    I was in Thailand and I bought BF2142 there.
    You think it's fake but it's not.
    My key is a legit one.

There used to be also a website that will sell you just the original key for a game, then was up to you to find the media to install it.

2. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV
    Just by the Normal Crysis game and stick it in a Silver biscuit tin..

Half the price.. :wanker:

[​IMG]

3. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    I'd trust it. I bought a shedload of games from Thailand when I was there (FEAR for $2..wooo!) and they were all genuine, sealed games. Only thing to watch is that sometimes the install is in Thai, but that's fairly easy to fix by copying it and changing the Autorun settings.

4. bcoupland

bcoupland Master Guru

GPU:
    9300 onboard
    just about all cd sold in europe are printed and manufactured in poland, most DVDs come from malaysia, where labour costs are lower. chances are they are bought at cost from the manufacturers.

i'd be surprised if it wasn't legit.

Thailand is about 1052 miles (canton to bangkok)

5. anwaypasible

anwaypasible Banned

GPU:
    evga / 7900 GTO / 512mb @ 676/1554
    i bought need for speed underground 2 from thailand or some foreign country (i forget exactly which one)

i thought it would be cool to drive import cars from an imported install disc

however, there was another disc included that instructed me to change the language files so text would be in english.
    (much more complicated than selecting a language during the install)

6. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    how do you know their not fake? did you call the publisher and ask if any of the serial/model #'s etc were legit? you may be suprised at your answer..even stuff bought on ebay from the states.
    there are people all over the place on street corners that sell these legit looking copies too and those who buy them sometimes turn around and sell them on ebay.

fakes arnt always created by some guy with a cd printer, there are huge factories that make literal clones of every aspect, from box to disk. you have to call the publisher and provide serials..etc to find out for sure.
    also..even thailand gets stuff from asia/china.

heck you can even buy fake transformers toys on the streets much less ebay. i remember seeing years ago a console that played nintendo games (8bit nes) for like $20 at a market here in the states.

anyways, if its too cheap to be true, then it probably is. i mean its common sense. my grandma went to thailand before and she said stuff there is expensive, so i doubt they sell legit things that much cheaper than any other country. you have a brain...just use it.

7. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Good advice.

8. gmavignier

gmavignier Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    This is offensive. Prove it with arguments if you must say something like this.
    All games made in the US, or in English for that mater, that are traslated to another laguage come with the original language. I know because I live in Brasil. For many years (the 486 and first Pentiums) software in another laguage other than english would not get along well with any english OS. Those problems are long gone now but I still mostly only buy and install software in english even if it comes with portuguese translation.

Here in Brasil, Ebay (Mercado Livre as it's called here) sells both legal and ilegal copies of most games. All you have to do is price search. Most ilegal games sell for under R$30 (US$12). Proper games sell around the R$100 range (US$40).

I got Crysis special edition only because I did not want to wait untill the regular one was released (30/11 here). I payed a little more that I wanted so now I HAVE TO watch all the bonus content. Other than this, I would not have gotten the SE version. That "exclusive vehicle" is going to be released (or cracked) for everybody's use anyway.

9. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    makes sense, thanks for clarifying

which is why i said:
    imo, thieves is the second lowest scum, cold blooded killers being first.

10. KoncreteAngel

KoncreteAngel Master Guru

GPU:
    1800xt 512mb
    i bought call of duty 2 from a thailand guy for $10 back when it was running for $40-50. It was legit, came with a key and everything. The only problem was tha the box was written in a different language.

11. satanicbassguy

satanicbassguy New Member

be careful

I bought a copy of a legit version of The Orange box, (HL2, EP2, portal and TF2) when visiting Thailand.
    The CD-key wont work due to the fact that Valve and steam have restricted thai CD-keys to thailand, they dont even offer a replacement key.

12. dB

dB Ancient Guru

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    I had that problem too. But Valve "fixed" it after a couple weeks, and now I can play all my orange box games on steam without any workarounds :).

13. nabelon

nabelon Maha Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor Radeon HD 4850
    You can get legit cheap games from Asia because they are localized version of the games. Localized means cheaper so that it would attract Asian gamers in contrast to hefty imports.

I know that because I'm south of Thailand and in my country, Malaysia,theres localized legit games too.

14. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I bought it for £29.99 in the end from a UK site, bastards had exclusive rights to the special edition in the UK. It was £39.99 when I posted this thread. Then it went to £34.99 and I found a £5 off code earlier today, so paid £29.99 all in all.

So I get this:
    [​IMG]