Would Pirates Have Bought Crysis ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Aug 29, 2008.

1. kgrosser

kgrosser Guest

GPU:
    changes every now & then
    Well, I own the game as i own FarCry and many more, but for Crysis, I haven't even played through it cause I am still waiting for a GFX card to be released to play it "the way it's meant to...".
    Personally, I haven't pirated since I grew up and earned enough money with enough work to appreciate other peoples work. You could count that as a balance for people like poor neurorem-rs who cannot afford, who I want to tell that I believe his approach is plain wrong and hypocritical:

1st: If you cannot afford peoples labour, you're not entitled to it. No matter whether there are illegal copies flooding your street in Serbia, China, whereever or not, you're not entitled.
    You're not entitled to a product you have the personal believe you deserve it without paying the asking price, you're not entitled.
    If you think the asking price too much - even if true - reject it, don't steal it, again, you're not entitled. period.

2nd: I do not believe that pirates would ever buy a game nor can be convinced of what they are doing is wrong, neurokem is a prime example.

3rd: The industry is no less hypocritical themselves, they get what they deserve: If consoles give better protection of IP why the hell have the same games to be so much more expensive than their PC derivates. They lower the price to prevent piracy, on consoles they feel save to ask the price they want, what makes them dXXXX.

4th: the excuse of piracy rendering the release of a patch allready in the works for months unaffordable sucks big time, especially when releasing the patch as a 27e "new" tilte. That's betrayal of the paying customers and not harming pirates who will download both games. On top it will drive the more susceptible exactly into piracy for the next products with a good excuse.

5th: as per 1 and 4, I will not buy Warhead, may Crytek rot in hell! ;-)

6th: count me in as a possible loss if ever moving console exclusively, I don't own one.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  2. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    agree, like i said, its a cycle where both bend over and take it up the rear, then turn around and do it again to each other, its a cowboy train back door gang bang ...apparantly both parties must like it

i'm a selective buyer. i actually try out "Demo's" to see if i'll like it....anyone remember "demo's"? yeah, i know, it kinda defeats that age old excuse that says "i download full version just to see if i would like it or not." but ya have to justify it somehow i suppose

3. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    make games cheaper.. then i think people will start favoring original copies. 'coz right now, price difference is really far between these two copies. here (philippines), for example, an original copy costs $45-$65. whereas you can get a pirated copy for just $2. in our country where wages can go as low as $5/day, the choice is simple and easy.

4. Smellybumlove

Smellybumlove Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD4830x2 crossfire
    We are missing the point a little.

It doesnt matter if it was any good or not.

What matters is that some guy is complaining his game was pirated too much and essentially blaming everyone else for it not selling as well and kinda hinting that its the reason for dropping the support.

I think thats pathetic, pathetic in the way it is to say that the reason you didnt get laid by some chick last night was not because of you're pathetic advances but it was everybody else who screwed it up for you.

I bought crysis, i finished crysis and i have since shelved cysis.

5. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    @NoviceRei:Crysis is actually not that expensive in the philippines hehe its around 1,350+ pesos (roughly $30 US ) since EA has asian division :D
    But other games are really quite expensive indeed -_-

6. N.O.U.G.N.

N.O.U.G.N. Master Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 1080 8Gb
    I just DL'ed the demo...I had fun trying to get it to run on my weak Machine.
    LOL @ folks that ripped it and didn't even finish the game HAHAHA!

I like Crysis just for what it is: a Serious graphics tech demo. Shame on gamers for thinking it had anything more offer than when DOOM3 came out.

7. Iarwain

Iarwain Banned

GPU:
    4890 990//1120
    Well no, we're talking about how bad it is as justification for poor sales, instead of piracy driving poor sales.

8. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    I downloaded it then about 2 months later i bought it for a fiver of amazon :)

9. asa

asa Member

GPU:
    HIS HD4850
    Crytech give us a next-gen trailer, but in the end... we all know.
    Now they say 600 bucks PC could run Warhead at max setting at decent res, my rig is 600 bucks and I 'll wait for them.
    Other way, " Cyrtech f**k with me, get f**k with" (GTA addict)

10. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    I am sorry but you don't PC game to tone down the graphics on new tech. When you spend over 2K and up on a rig you start to expect some things when you spend less you start making concessions! Now what blew me away is brand new tech on rigs costing 8K still can't run crysis full boar with AA and AF enabled. That in my opinion is total crap! Crytek made a crap game with poor performance, got everybody hype over what the game looked like on a high end comp from 2012 and then told us crap like it will run on high with an 8800gts 96sp! I don't like being lied too and I sure as hell hate being told that it is everyone else's fault that your game didn't do that well.

11. Præses

Præses Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800XT
    It's one of the few games which I'm glad I bought (unlike hellgate london, which was a piece of dung and I want a refund :( ). I'll be buying warhead as well...I rarely buy games to be honest and I bought crysis. I guess it's for a specific audience of gamers only.
    But in general, EA is ruining gaming. I don't know how games such as hellgate london can get to the shelves when it's not even done. I'm sure EA is to blame...they most probably pushed the devs to release it, otherwise I don't see why it was released so early. At least Crysis wasn't too buggy at release :)

@neurokrem-rs: I really doubt you played Crysis on very high throughout the game @ 1440x900 unless you're immune to stutter. I OC my 8800GTS 640MB to 675/1600/2000 (from 500/1200/1600) and know for a fact it crawls at some places on very high...
    Then again, everything here in Africa tends to be less efficient :p

12. MOFO64

MOFO64 Banned

GPU:
    9800GTX+ & 8800GT softTH
    I must agree. Whilst I purchased the full game on release day......I've been less than impressed with the actual gameplay. Visuals are good but that's about it.

13. MOFO64

MOFO64 Banned

GPU:
    9800GTX+ & 8800GT softTH
    Ehhh just because someone pays 8k for a machine....don't expect it to be worth more than 3k in real-terms. Guys with money always get their pants pulled down come price-tag time. I run a single 8800GT here and play crysis very well on medium to high settings at 5040x1050 so gimme 8k to drop on a machine and I'll show you crysis in fast-forward :)

You can buy all the parts to build a zonda (8k high end rig) , then you can fit them all together (assemble it) and put petrol in (Xp/Vista) but when you turn the key (boot-up) and drive to the track (load a game like crysis) don't expect to simply fly around the track as fast or faster than everyone else (play it on high).

14. neurokrem-rs

neurokrem-rs Banned

GPU:
    XFX 8800 now "Ultra"
    To all my patronizing fat-wallet friends(namely xrc6 and kgrosser) :
    I will continue to live my life as game pirat and theres nothing you can do about it!I may be poor to your standards but when it comes to games i live like a KING!Guys(or better say gays) like you give me one more reason for that!

To further express my resent toward both of you im going to say this: You are lucky you dont live close to me cuz right now i would already be at your house busting you heads wide open!!!
    And you shouldnt be surprised by that,you deserved it,you are ENTITLED TO IT!!

And before i go a word of advice: Maybe you two pussies should bend over and take each other up the rear!!!Why not?!Im sure gays like you two would like it!And hey,you can wait for me to take you both up the rear!!!And i can bring my original cybernetic flesh eating dick for you to use!!!

To all other fellow gamers i apologize but drastic situations require drastic measures! CHEERS!!!

15. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    nope
    game is boring, A.I stupid, world physics suck ass 4 me, story is ....
    i only buyin games worth of it.
    i only support good coded, optimized products/games makers such as cod4 or grid

16. MOFO64

MOFO64 Banned

GPU:
    9800GTX+ & 8800GT softTH
    Demo's are free mate, kinda puts a spanner in your spokes but hey :)

I think more guys would like to punch your face in for being a thief rather than XRC6 for being "supposedly" gay, lol

I know people justify it for themselves but really you're a thief and that's all there is to it.

If you were at my house and saw $50 on a kitchen worktop, what's to stop you just taking that? Simply because I have some money means you can steal from me yeah? That your logic is it? You seem to think because the game companies have money that you can simply steal from them yeah? What's to stop you from using that logic in all situations?

You can't steal certain things, then claim you ain't a thief 'cause you only steal certain things from people/companies with money.

If you steal, your a thief.....plain and simple.

Now go get a job you worthless thieving scum-bag :biggun:

17. neurokrem-rs

neurokrem-rs Banned

GPU:
    XFX 8800 now "Ultra"
    If any of you want to punch me in the face you are welcome to come and try!
    Hell,i'll give you my address!
    As for me being "worthless thieving scum-bag": I am employed as Lt.in Serbian army, i also study medicine to become a doctor!Im currently in the 5-th year of study out of 6!
    And i would never seal 50$ from you,not even if my life depended on it!
    I "steal" games(as you claim) not because im just being thieve but because i choose not to be stupid and buy them if i dont need to.
    Instead i use some of the money i have and sent it to organisations that protect Kosovo Serbs which you and your western buddies(NATO) robbed of their homes,land and cattle!The one thing you thieves can not rob from us is our pride!!!
    LONG LIVE SERBIA!!!!

18. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    So far Crysis has sold over 3 million copies (says in latest PC GAMER UK), that is really good for a PC exclusive shooter so in my opinion Yerli has **** all to whine about and he should shut up.

19. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)

Sounds like with a speech like that you are trying to justify your purchase and spendature of money. You get a warm fuzzy feeling inside when you buy things 'legally', or is that just tickle me elmo?

PS, I don't think we really need to reopen piracy debate/arguments. I think us harty harr 'pirates' shivered your timbers bellowing our cannons from open waters onto your soap box located in the harbor. We just have to worry about scurvey...

20. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    im gonna say another thing. if game developers are bitching about pirates all the time they should release games thare are 10 dollars, i bet even neurokrem would buy them :p no phun intended there mate.
    and they should add tons of advertising and commercials in the game so they can justify the low price and still get tons of money. you think EA suffers that their games (CRYSIS) are pirated? hell no, look at those greedy ****ers who destroy 1 out of 10 games they release... and then xr6 wonders why we pirate games? becuse developers make crap games. would you buy for example a watch that is made out of cheap soviet rusted metal that will die in 2 days? no...