Would Pirates Have Bought Crysis ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Aug 29, 2008.

1. andries

andries Guest

GPU:
    Galax 2080 ti
    I wonder when the developers will realize, they have made a mediocre game with great graphics. Pity

2. Da{N}ka

Da{N}ka Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI XFX GTX285 Black Ed.
    Not only the buy or "steal" the game... the bloody DEMO was given only to FILEPLANET PAYING Subscribers... now you tell me if that's not the way to put off people from buying it.

I wanted to buy it for the multiplayer... I didn't and I don't play it.

3. Andrés

Andrés Guest

That's a different matter and I agree with you on that.

4. wyndrusher

wyndrusher Guest

GPU:
    Palit 1070 SuperJetstream
    I've only played the demo, but to be honest I just couldn't in any way get into the game, I know some people love it with a passion, but I just didn't think it was more than graphics. To me it wouldn't even be worth pirating.

5. moh.sakhaii

moh.sakhaii Guest

that game was just hyped even the graphics wasn't that great.look at far cry 2 I bet it run smoother than crysis and it looks definitely more beautiful.sure as hell the gameplay is also more enjoyable.THE CRYSIS WAS JUST HYPED PERIOD.

6. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    I downloaded the game, its a great game....they have their flaws.....but you are wining cause you can play it a very high settings at 1900 x 1200 with 60+FPS.....thats your aquiles!!

7. EJocys

EJocys Guest

GPU:
    nVidia 1070
    Shooter without blood is like a man without balls...

... and it made this game so boring.

8. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    I bought farcry back in the day.

Was thinking of buying crysis, but i didn't like the online part of farcry at all, was total crap. so i decided much probably hadn't changed, and from what i've seen of it, not much has.

And cutting support from your game is a copout.

So if a film costs millions to make but is mediocore, do they deserve our money?

Crysis had ludicrous requirements, yes we don't all have highend, but if you turned down the graphics, it looked worse then farcry.

The game itself was ok in parts, poor in others. I played some of it from a copy.

9. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Pirates will always be pirates and wouldn't have purchased this game or any others. I purchased Crysis and it was one of the best SP and MP games I've ever had a chance to play... its a shame more people didn't upgrade to play it online and enjoy it as much as I have. Can't wait for warhead Sept 16th too!

10. sunkid

sunkid Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 1070 Ti
    Haha, that's what this is all about. And be prepared to expect more!

In the end it's all about the money. Our money in their pockets. It's just simple (and normal).

:)

11. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    But its a cycle you have to accept.... why should some of us that would rather enjoy a really graphical game with super performance suffer cause they keep making games so that you and others that refuse to upgrade do so?

I dont' know about you but I'm not playing games on a P4 anymore since that was 2000-2001, its almost 2009 and the prices of Quads are really cheap :)

12. neurokrem-rs

neurokrem-rs Banned

GPU:
    XFX 8800 now "Ultra"
    Im with Andres on this one.The guys at Crytek deserve the money because they made great game(both Crysis and FarCry) and it ran smooth as a baby's but on my rig at all settings maxed up!Unfortunately i didnt buy the game because i dont have the money nor would i ever pay 40e for the game.That doesnt mean that the game is not worth.Its one of the best i have ever played!I will surely get Warhead! Actually i have never bought original game and im perfectly satisfied with my piracy copies.And one more thing i dont give a crap about the guys who hate piracy.I play and enjoy more games per year that they do!

13. JPennStar

JPennStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    I not only purchased Crysis, but several months ahead I majorly upgraded my computer to play the game.

I enjoyed the game, playing it through several times, with its massively destructable environments, amazing eye candy, super-suit and okay storyline. IMO for people who enjoy FPS it was worth the buy. I, however, will not be purchasing Warhead because of EA and the pressure they put upon their developers to output quantity rather than quality. Now with their endeavor to make it harder on pirates means there will be MORE bugs for me, an honest buyer, to deal with - NO thanks.

I do believe pirating is wrong and understand why businesses and governments get involved to make it illegal; I would be seriously pissed off that something I put multiple millions of dollars into is being stolen. Which is why I would take piracy into consideration and market it through something called STEAM - or like it. People could buy it in stores but would have to activate it over the internet and if you don't have internet you need to call.. etc etc... This piracy problem can be GREATLY reduced if EA really wanted to.

And secondly I am sick and tired of spending 50$ on a damn game that I can play through in four hours! I am also tired of the linear story line and am looking forward to Far Cry 2.

14. Luvabud

Luvabud Guest

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    Yo Cevat Yerli, PS2, PS3, PSP, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox and Xbox 360 are pirated just as much mate, if not more.

15. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    I played the demo a bit... looks like ass (or is a slideshow) on my system. Plus the changing of the super powers is very annoying. Maybe you can assign the powers to keys or something, never looked that much into it, but having to use what is essentially a mouse gesture to change that setting is utterly retarded.
    I mostly got through the demo, but there were too many annoying aspects to it.
    So no.. it wasn't even worth a pirating.

16. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    well i got mine for free(came with a gts 512),i'd rather cut all my fingers off first then buy this pos.
    no hard feelings to you guys that do like this game

17. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    I think alot of ppl who DL it, and say it was just to try it, are trying to fool them selves into thinking their not steeling."You are"
    I DL'd the Crysis Demo, and then uninstalled it, and did not buy or steel the full game.

So if you DL a game that is not free, your steeling its wrong, If you want to test/see the game, get a demo, if no demo then read reviews, IMO you cost me money "STOP IT".

18. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Well I bought the game out of being pure naive and was enjoying it at first but then the Aliens came and it turned into pure crap. That was a $50 hard lesson to learn. I pushed of the orange box for that game and have regretted it ever since. I eventually got the orange box and crysis hasn't been touched since except for an occasional look at why I bought it in the first place. I am against piarcy but I get really pissed off at developers creating a ****ty product and then expecting us to pay top dollar for it and then turning around and cutting support. I was burned a lot in my first year of PC gaming during 2007. I just read a review of a bunch of top end systems in CPU last month and these systems were from 5k and up and they had QX9770's OC'ed to 4ghz min and tri sli GTX280's and they still struggled with this game on very high with 4xAA enabled where COD4 was getting insane FPS upwards of 350fps. Crysis looks nice but the simple fact that a game a year later is still getting crap fps on extreme high end rigs is abysmal :bang:! When you hype up your game as being gorges but take out cool features like shooting a rocket at the cliffs and watching it blow up and chunks hit the ground people start to get pissed. I have no idea why they even use that POS as a bench mark!

19. tenn

tenn New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    I tried Far Cry when it came. Liked it so I bought Crysis when it came. Liked it but hated the way it was provided. Bought it through EA and will never ever ever by a game from them again.
    First I had to download a special EA download program that is allmost impossible to find unless you do a google for it.
    Then it took ages to download and I have a 24MBit line.
    When it was downloaded it wasn't possible to run it since it didn't get unlocked as it should even though the unlock date had passed a few days ago. I hade to remove it and download again. Now it worked.
    Then I realised that I wouldn't be able to download it again after 6 month. I asked how do I make a back up? Got an explanation that I need to copy the files that where downloaded and burn them to a CD and then to install the game again I need to install that crappy program from EA.....

Guess what, it really is so much easier to just pirate it.

So the DRM the guy talked about that make extra value for customer on the consoles is just bull****. Why do they even try to make something that is clearly an disadvantage for the customer to something good? Do they think the good will has gone up or down until the next game is released? Tricky one? send me a message if you want the answer=)

But I will definetly buy war head and the coming crysis games but never ever again a game from EA. So we have a contradiction. Will I buy the next crysis from EA? Definitely NOT!

So as you understand this is more complaints about EA than on Crytek. But for me it is one valid explanation why poeple tend to pirate it. If you can't provide the game in a way that is not just plain and simply easy with out all these crippling restrictions and DRM, then the people will get it in a desired way. market forces.=)

Here are two other reasons that also might tell you why you "only" sold millions of it.

1. It was advertised as a real performance killer and the true next gen game. People don't buy games they can't play.

2. It seemed to be a demo game to show the cool game engine that could be licensed. I bet you made a good profit here as well.

20. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    I downloaded crysis demo only to see new high tech as DIA SHOW.
    Its just boring run and kill.. Didnt get me.