Would Pirates Have Bought Crysis ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Aug 29, 2008.

1. JPennStar

JPennStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    So after reading this forum and seeing that Warhead is a GREAT game by reviewers I firgued, "Hey I am going to play some Crysis because it's been awhile." Take the DVD out, install it, install patchs, defrag, reboot. Go to play the game and I'm getting the, "Please insert original disk: Error 1000."

It is for this very GOD DAMN reason (at least similar) that people hacked the game! OMG. I purchased my very own DVD when it came out and it is doing this to me! Hell I think I'll get myself a boot leg copy if it doesn't do this. In the 21st century we are still having to deal with this is absolute bullsh**. So there is a forum, or there is something to fix it, etc; but I shouldn't have to do that when I spend 50US on a game! And especially when I've played it on my comp three times; I've had other issues like this before.

If my Crysis game wont play what makes EA think that I'll bother with Warhead. Hell I can't wait for the torrents to come out!

2. Captain Blamo

Captain Blamo Member Guru

GPU:
    295GTX CO-OP
    I pre-ordered a digital copy.

I really enjoyed Crysis with the 1.31 config and all the custom sp maps. I think it was well worth the cash and it looks like warhead will be equally as good. Don't care if people steal games instead of paying for them.

I have a really good job and prefer to pay for what I want.

3. Nemes1s

Nemes1s Master Guru

GPU:
    2x560Ti SLI ASUS + EVGA
    If you guys had read the rest of my post, you would have seen that i eventually bought the game... lol. And for the record, until around a month ago when i got it, it wasn't available in South Africa.

4. Cycloid

Cycloid Master Guru

GPU:
    2x256MB Geforce 7800GTs in SLi
    Not trying to stir here. I was once part of another thread where this one guy had practically listed all the things he had downloaded and when the next thing would be available and from where. All illegal sources of course...

He got banned straight after...

Come to think of it, that guy also had his handle was the same as one of those groups who distributes the pirated/ripped games. Razor something. Maybe that was not similar to this 'case'.

Maybe I am overreacting just a tad... :(

Let's ignore my post and go check out some Crysis screen shots!

5. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Captain jack sparrow never buys anything

6. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    They take them down and ban them because they don't want to be held responsible for get served a DMCA take down.

7. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    I would say that is what he gets, Discussing why people do something or if you do something is different from laying out a how to guide on how to do it.

8. cockneysean

cockneysean Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX 295 XXX Edition
    I've got my copy! Excellent!

9. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    I just hope a legal copy... :D