1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would anyone be interested....

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by Coldfox, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Coldfox

Coldfox Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 (16x1,6vp)
    In making a large database comparing all the drivers on many different cards, comparing the performance, IQ and 3dmark scores.

This is mainly so when people want to know what drivers would work well on there card they could check the site out and see for themselves.

2. Paul L

Paul L Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX560Ti 448 1280mb
    That sounds exactly like what I've been thinking about recently as a sticky at the top of the driver forum maybe. It would make sense as there are still alot of people wondering about drivers.... and alas I reckon nVidia are slow on the 'really is compatable for those games on that hardware' truth front I can't get any thing above FW61.11 to be stable runnning GTA-SA.. and I know the drivers are faster as I can see it for all of 5-10secs....argh f)(*!. but why is OpenGL stable..???( i know it's good) ;)
    Anyway yes thats a good idea.

3. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    With enough interest it could be great, id be happy to submit a few scores.

4. chaoXdeath

chaoXdeath Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 4670
    thats a good idea thats what we all need , itll cut down some of the posts aswell!

5. Dojomann

Dojomann Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275 896MB
    Yea, it'd be great and can be categorized by card, mobo, cpu, and driver.

6. Coldfox

Coldfox Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 (16x1,6vp)
    Does anyone have some webspace we could use to host the information?

7. dysphunktion

dysphunktion Member

GPU:
    XFX / GeForce 6800 /
    I would be willing to host this for you. The domain would have to be from my own subdomain: dysphunktion.stickit.nu/whateveryouwant

8. kovboi

kovboi Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek HD4850
    it's a cool idea, i'll happily submit my scores (got 'em saved from my last rig, as well). if you can make it work, it would be interesting to use drop-down categories so people could configure their own systems and see what to expect. 'course, you'd have to take overclocking into account, which might complicate things.
    what would you do for comparing IQ? screenshots?

be ready for everyone who's ever complained about the uselessness of benchmarks to go nuts, tho. :rolleyes:

9. Coldfox

Coldfox Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 (16x1,6vp)
  10. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    It would be best if the host supports some form of database and scripting system, and offers a database as well, such as PHP and MySQL, otherwise updating it would be a challenge.

11. Coldfox

Coldfox Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 (16x1,6vp)
    Ok guys start PMing me what cards you have if your willing to give this a go.

(i also would like your MSN messenger address if you have one)

12. Coldfox

Coldfox Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 (16x1,6vp)
    Ok send me your card manufacturer/model Aquamark 3/3dmark 05 scores and any comments you would like to add about drivers

13. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    If you give me a broader idea of what exactly what you are planning and what exactly you need I perhaps can facilitate you here at Guru3D.com

By the people for the people right ;)

14. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

i don't think it can be done anyway, becoz every system is different and every system reacts differently to drivers just coz driver xx.xx works on bobs machine doesn't mean it'll work on teds machine with the same components

15. kovboi

kovboi Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek HD4850
    These are two separate arguments: whether it can be done, and whether you would consider the results worthwhile. It should be feasible to compile a database of benchmarks and I think the results would make for interesting comparisons.

16. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    This is a great idea.

If you do write an automated system, it should have a moderation system aswell so the 'head' people of the system can verify that those scores are right, but aswell people can submit their results. Just need a confirmation from the admins/mods.

If you need any help on that part I would be more than glad to help, also I am going to go and download 3DMark05/AquaMark 3 and i'll report back ASAP.

17. Coldfox

Coldfox Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 (16x1,6vp)
    I sent hilbert a PM to see if we can get anything set up

18. ataxy

ataxy Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 275 1gb
    i think your right but having the result from lets say 20 user using an 6600gt on a ~2ghz computer with various mobo and driver xx.xx should give you a not so bad idea about if the driver are worth while or not

19. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9
    Sounds like a great idea. I think this should have been implemented sooner, but better late then never. This would also help with all of those "What drivers are best for my Nvidia xxxx?" As far as every machine being different and the results being mixed, that's always going to be the case. But some sets of drivers are CLEARLY faster for certain cards than others.

20. fobis

fobis Member Guru

GPU:
    ATi Mobility Radeon X1600
    Just start some sort of "Forceware Wiki", so all users can contribute, and you could have the results based off of video cards.