worth the wait?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by rabidgoldfish, Feb 11, 2007.

  1. rabidgoldfish

    rabidgoldfish Member Guru

    Messages:
    138
    Likes Received:
    0
    GPU:
    evga 7800gt
    i have an old nforce 2 mb and a 5900 xt, i am upgrading to a new mb, cpu, ram, and video card, but only have about $ 226 for a new video card, should i just wait for the 8600 U, that ppl keep saying will be out sometime in march or just get a 7900 now?
    from what i under stand after reading the forums the 8600 U should be on par with the 7900 card's, and the 8XXX are dx10 ready, (not that i have 240 for a new OS)

    i guess all in all, will the 8600 be worth the wait?
     
  2. PFX_79

    PFX_79 Master Guru

    Messages:
    682
    Likes Received:
    0
    GPU:
    eVGA 7800GTX 256mb
    Hard to say one way or another if it's really worth the wait until we hear something offical from Nvidia on it and know what were dealing with. However I Would say wait for the 8600 Ultra. If it's anywhere near as good as the leaked specs it will spank that 7900 like no ones buisness.
     
  3. chispy

    chispy Ancient Guru

    Messages:
    9,226
    Likes Received:
    1,484
    GPU:
    Strix RTX 3090 H2O
    Get an eVGA 7900 now and you have 3 months to step up for a newer card , so enjoy the 7900 and when the time comes step up to the 8600 Ultra.
    Good Day. :thumbup:
     

Share This Page