Worldwide petition for a 3 day weekend

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Nemes1s, Mar 13, 2008.

1. bug77

bug77 Banned

GPU:
    Palit 8800GT
    Superman and an antelope? Maybe has something to do with a local rugby team?

2. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    this sounds good, but i don't think it would ever happen...

3. Nemes1s

Nemes1s Master Guru

GPU:
    2x560Ti SLI ASUS + EVGA
    Bug77 FTW!!!

(Springgboks FTW too)

4. Solinari

Solinari Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    Never happen, like Aircool said, far too much money to be made for far too many rich and powerful people.

I think the weekend was basically decided by religion but not all countries have a Saturday/Sunday weekend, in fact some countries have it on Thursday and Friday, or Friday and Saturday.

Apparently the "The French Revolutionary Calendar allowed decadi, one out of ten days, as a leisure day." Count yourself lucky you aren't a 19th century Frenchman :p.

5. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    A 2 day weekend is enough for me. The weekend gives me enough free time to get things done. If I had an extra day I'd spend it bored out of my mind so I'd rather have the extra money from working.

6. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    I get paid by the hour,

So less hours = less money = less pc gear.(i could always cut down on the luxuries like food and rent )

If my money was made up to accomadate im all for it.

Dont think the boss would be too happy:)

Maybe god made the world in 5 days and not 6, but didnt let on, so he could get an extra day off?

I wouldnt mind working a little longer in the week and then having Sat/Sun/Mon off.

Id go up town and buy stuff...........OH! wait the shops are shut:)

Nice idea, if i got paid enough to be able to do it.

Believe me theres a lot of people that have all week off every day etc, only needing a bit of time on to claim benefits:):):):)

7. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    Meh i never seem to have enough time, so weekend or no weekend dont make that much of a difference

8. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    I already have three day weekends (I work 4 - 10's) so good luck to you.

9. soul8103

soul8103 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600M GT
    Even if there was a 3 day weekend, I think a lot of people would still work 5 just for the extra money. Me being 1 of em doh...

10. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    I've had many different jobs with different hours. The best was the 4 days a week at 10 hours a day. Although 10 hour days (plus 1 hour for lunch) were long ass days, having 3 days off in a row made it worth it.

I also had a job that was 3 days on at 12 hours a day and 3 days off. That was the worst schedule ever. God I hated that job because of that schedule. Never really had the same three days off from week to week. Those 12 hour days (plus an hour for lunch) were extremely long.

Before that I delivered pizzas and odd jobs like that were the schedule was just all over the place. I was a lot younger then so it wasn't a big deal to me.

My job now is 8-5 Monday through Friday. One week a month or so on average I have to work a little longer - especially if I am traveling. Actually my last job before this one was the same hours more or less. So I've gotten used to it.

I think one of the biggest issues is whether you like your job or not. Personally I love my job, so getting here Monday morning isn't really a big issue - but if I didn't like my job I would again hate Mondays. But, when work is over, it's over and I stop thinking about it. Some people work or think about work all the time. If you can disconnect from work when your hours are over, you will be better off and healthier (in regard to work stress).

11. Cockbender

Cockbender Master Guru

GPU:
    dunno
    unfortunately, my company would never adjust their deadlines. so losing a workday would only mean i have to work extra hours the other 4 days.

boohoo for me.

12. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    And this is why when I finally get a full time job in September they can no full well that I'm only prepared to work Monday to Thursday.

13. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Not signed. I need 5 days sometimes more to get things done.

14. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    This world definitely does not need to be any lazier. Yeah sure, life can be hard, busy, and stressful sometimes but all Ive to say about that is: learn to deal with it. Something like this would never happen and just the thought of it makes me wonder why youd really need another day off.

15. Vicious-Deeds

Vicious-Deeds Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 7970 3gb
    I'd rather work 7 days a week 6hr/day (9am-3pm), that way I can still finish personal things plus see daylight then have Sat. and Sun. off.
    I guess religious people will need Sun. off.

16. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    yes let's all stop working and leave the world crash and burn. oh wait it is doing that already, count me in then

17. darknight909

darknight909 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    the more i work the more i get paid, so this wont work for me

I already have to work friday saturday sunday and monday

if your like me you get used to it