World's Greastest Chili Pepper Eater

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by uncleel, Feb 4, 2007.

1. uncleel

uncleel Master Guru

GPU:
    nVida FX5200
    Mexican seeks world chili eating record
    AP-via-Yahoo
    AP by IOAN GRILLO

For most people, even the smallest bite of a raw chili pepper means a flushed face and a rush for a gulp of water. But Manuel Quiroz, 54-year-old Mexico City taxi driver, can guzzle down dozens of Mexico's spiciest chilies, rub them on his skin and even squeeze their juice into his eyes without so much as blinking.

Chilies don't sting me. They don't affect me. It's just like eating fruit," Quiroz said at a market in the Mexican capital. Shoppers stared in amazement as he crunched on a habanero, the hottest chili pepper in a country that likes its food spicy.

Quiroz said he plans to try to get his abilities recognized by Guinness World Records. To his knowledge, no one in the world can swallow more chilies.

"Chilies are the pride of Mexico," Quiroz said. "The world chili-eating champion has got to be here." "I'm the best. No one can rival me." :flame:

2. uncleel

uncleel Master Guru

GPU:
    nVida FX5200
    [​IMG]
    AP Photo/Eduardo Verdugo

Manuel Quiroz, 55-years old, rubs chili around his face in a Mexico City marketplace, Saturday, Feb. 3, 2007. Quiroz can guzzle down dozens of Mexico's hottest chilies, squeeze their juice into his eyes and rub them round hisbody without as much as blinking.

Talk about tooting your own horn! :moon: :crapper:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    My record is 4 Scotch Bonnets (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotch_bonnet) the red variety finely chopped up and raw, on 2 heaped table spoons... I'm good with chillies... My arse was on fire the next morning, that's for sure, but I knew it would be.

4. senior98

senior98 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    xfx 8800GT 512mb
    And I thought I was bad ass just cause i could drink Tabasco straight from the bottle hehe :p

5. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Same here dude... i guess we are nothing compared to this guy... i don't think i can last more than 2-3 Habaneros tops... :p :D

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Mind you, I couldn't do it any day. I work in a restaurant where the chefs like teasing us with these chilli pranks. They used to wind me up telling me that my workmate ate more chillies than me the other day. That would make me chilli hungry and I had to beat that.

But they always lied about that. Some days I couldn't even eat one scotch bonnet. Other days I'd have two without even breaking sweat. When I ate those 4 nice ones, I had horrible shakes and cold sweats for about an hour, had to drink about 2l of milk... And my poo wasn't very nice next day lol. But I'm the record holder @ my workplace and that will stand forever now, until some lunatic beats me.

BTW, I can't do Tabasco, can't stand the taste of it.

7. bcoupland

bcoupland Master Guru

GPU:
    9300 onboard
    i used to work in a supermarket pizza making department with this guy called Vamzi from Madras in india, we were competing against eachother eating sliced jalapenos, i gave up at 65, but he could eat them by the handful.

crazy bugger that one.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    jalapenos are not really that hot tho... but eating 65 of them, that's a good effort...

9. uncleel

uncleel Master Guru

GPU:
    nVida FX5200
    [​IMG]
    AP Photo/Eduardo Verdugo

Manuel Quiroz, 55-year old, squeezes chili juice into his eyes in a Mexico City marketplace. Quiroz can guzzle down dozens of Mexico's hottest chilies and rub them round his face without as much as blinking.

:eek2:VIDEO at this link Yahoo-via-AP:eek2:

10. MastA

MastA Guru3d's P.I.M.P.

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC AGP
    yeah he tried breaking his own record of 15 last saturday on t.v. he didnt succeed.

11. senior98

senior98 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    xfx 8800GT 512mb
    Lol Looking at that pic just makes my eyes water :D

12. DeatHRattlE

DeatHRattlE Maha Guru

GPU:
    E-VGA 7800GT CO
    I thought you could go blind doing that?

13. chrismeyer

chrismeyer Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7950 GT 512meg
    u can go blind doing that hes just really lucky and just thinking about it makes me hurt