1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World War Z

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Dec 8, 2017.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix

I wonder if it will be good?

fantaskarsef and Slam like this.
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    How many Zombies is too many Zombies *__*

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Holy crap, this is so disturbing. They nailed it with those zombies waves !

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix

Target Rich Environment.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Fortnite Launcher exclusive screw this I'm out.................

6. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I wonder when will all these zombie games just go away...

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I like this hordes of zombies. This can be fun.

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, this one didn't look that good to begin with.
    A L4D style zombie game... based off another media property... we've never seen that go bad before. (Walking Dead)

And, the developers trying to justify using Epic. "It saves us and players, we made it 5 dollars cheaper on Epic"
    I'm willing to bet, a ton of players would rather pay that extra five bucks.

lucidus, fantaskarsef and BangTail like this.
  9. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Quite honestly, I wouldn't get this even for 20 Euro cheaper. It doesn't really look special. Just another zombie game.

BangTail and Darren Hodgson like this.
  10. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    How a lot of these companies must be f*cking kicking themselves for getting into bed with Epic (all these deals inked before the Metro fiasco).

No doubt said deals are written in ironclad 'legalese' because nobody has jumped ship yet and I can't imagine that's for a lack of wanting to.

Epic's lousy store is a lose/lose proposition and publishers and developers alike need to steer well clear of it.

Competition and innovation are great and competent alternatives to Steam are most welcome, paying off publishers, poaching games from other platforms and offering what is undeniably one of the most ridiculously bad storefront/launchers in the industry, in lieu of the aforementioned, is not.

lucidus likes this.

11. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    I can't wait for this game. I'm also going to give Epic's store the benefit of the doubt. It's been mentioned in other threads on here, but I'll mention it again. Steam was a POS when it first launched all those years ago. Granted, technology has moved on since then but...... Steam needs some competition. I think Epic's store will evolve and eventually do well. Epic obviously have cash to splash now that Fortnite is a persistent cash generator for them. Time will tell.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    More like who gives a sh1t Z :p Looks incredibly generic.

BangTail likes this.
  13. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Not that I want to start this discussion all over again but this is a non argument.

Steam came from a place where there was no Steam, ergo they pioneered the technology.

The EGS has no such excuse for being such a dysfunctional, lacklustre, featureless and consumer unfriendly bag of dogsh!t.

Again, as you said, this has been mentioned (AKA done to death) in other threads, but context is important, and that comparison (which has also been made before) is completely flawed.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    cerebus23 and lucidus like this.
  14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's not like Steam existed in a vacuum even back then. Here's this bad boy that once competed with steam :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cerebus23 and BangTail like this.
  15. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @lucidus

Oh gawd, I remember those guys, I had so many issues with them.

We'll just have to content ourselves in the knowledge that Steam chose a different direction as I might have given up on digital distribution altogether if that had continued any longer than it had done.

Painful!

cerebus23 likes this.

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    I'm afraid you're making things up man. For Ubisoft to make the jump, and the large success of Division 2 preorders there's strong arguments against what you hint at.

Said it before but i'm 100% behind the Epic Store. Exclusivity deal don't bother me at all, and i find it rather fair game if you're trying to compete with Steam and its 20 years user base.

17. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Wrong.

I don't make things up Chief :rolleyes:

cerebus23 and XenthorX like this.
  18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Allright, ended up watching 3 videos on The Division 2 sales and pre orders, wasted 20minutes lol. More than any hazardous interpretation, this quote from Ubisoft CEO says it all:
    "With this deal, we saw an opportunity to increase player exposure to our own store while at the same time supporting a partner that greatly values our games and provides better terms. Early indications are supportive, as PC pre-orders are higher than for the first Division, and pre-orders on the Ubisoft store are six times higher. We believe this deal is a long-term positive for Ubisoft."

Saying Ubisoft is lying, is factually wrong? They made the Epic deal to support Epic and promote Uplay, they did just that by increasing traffic on Uplay with way larger preorder on Uplay that they had before (x6time). If in total Division 2 preorders amount to more that Division 1, it means Steam lost a sick amount of money by losing Division 2, and Ubisoft sold the game mostly on his proprietary launcher.

Point being, i wish the Epic store is a success. Brings more revenue to people working on the actual game, can only be good for everyone.
    An insane amount of Indie studio have people working on minimum wage, and some extra % income can mean the difference between life and death for those.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  19. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @XenthorX

No, you are incredibly short sighted and your point of view is sadly born of your own potential monetary gain with no regard for the much larger and potentially very destructive implications of this kind of reckless behaviour.

Ubisoft tried to imply that switching to the Epic store had dramatically increased their sales through the Epic store, don't try and twist it to suit your argument, that dog won't hunt.

If consumers don't buy things, the percentage a developer receives, whether it be 8% or 80%, becomes totally irrelevant as no money at all is just that.

The Epic store is garbage, people don't like it and they are voting with their money, feel free to stand fast in the wheelhouse of that sinking ship as it slips beneath the waves if that makes you happy, it is your prerogative after all.

People don't like being forced to do things they don't want to do, it is a fairly universal human trait, continuously inconveniencing your customers is not going to make them want to buy things from you, it will inevitably have the opposite effect.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Steam's monopoly is the most benign and weakest monopoly I've ever seen. Want a steam copy of The Witcher 3, GTA5, or Assassin's Creed Odyssey? There's only one way to do that and if people choose to buy from Steam, it speaks more of the perceived value and trustworthiness of their store than any strong arming from Valve. If Rage2 or Doom E show up with bethnet links on steam, the same story will be repeated. I never cared for Fortnite's numbers until Sweeney decided on being a pain in the ass but I'm glad Apex pushed them aside. The same guy who used to spread conspiracy theories about the MS store.

If anyone gives a crap about this game, just know that you can play Ashen with other people who didn't buy the game from the epic store *wink wink*