1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World of Warcraft freezes when changing video settings

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by MrH, Jan 13, 2019.

1. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    I've narrowed this down to a RT issue as it works fine with AB active on its own. As soon as I hit apply the screen will freeze, the audio continues and the settings do apply the next time I open the game.

EDIT: The problem only appears on DX12, DX11 works fine but since the update WoW runs much more smooth on DX12 so I'd like to get it working properly on that.

EDIT: It's the OSD, with that off everything works fine, I can still use RT to cap my frame rate.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    use Vector3D instead of Raster3D

Warcraft 3 has a similiar issue and its d3d9/opengl

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Confirmed the issue, installed WOW and reproduced it. Not sure if anything can be done from RTSS side, as I see exactly the same behavior with this game with other third party overlay. But at least I'll try to bypass it. And sadly no, currently existing profile settings (including using Vector3D mode) cannot eliminate it.

P.S. There is no need to create exactly the same duplicating threads in different forum sections, it won't make it answered faster. I'll remove the same thread in AB section.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    :( darn, was worth a try atleast.

5. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    Thanks for trying at least, good luck!