World Cup Brasil 2014

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 4, 2013.

1. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    yeah he got to the ball first

2. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    I see your point but this is not bush league its the frickin world cup

3. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 570
    Yea I also think there should be no penalty.
    Over all not very good game by Brazil. However, Neymar's and Oscars' are both very good goals

4. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Oh definitely! Brazil's first and third goals were top drawer.. all the more reason why its so disappointing that a game is decided by nonsense.. let the best team win. I guess that's asking too much.

I wonder if sports will always have some type of shenanigans like this.. its been proven in practically every sport out there in one shape or another. Pretty pathetic.

5. Doug

Doug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ^ Not til we get some kind of HawkEye robot referees! Either that or video replays for the refs or actual assistant referees that do something sometimes.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  6. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    @white I meant overall Dutch experience of being successfull in world cups (maybe that's not important though) over the relative inexperience of the Belgians but yeah on paper they have the better team for sure.

Thought was a red card for Neymar (def went in on purpose in my view..bit of madrid v barca there?) which would have made things interesting. Plus no penalty.

Apparently according to Cannavaro you cant touch the goalie at all in the 6 yard box (or 5 yard box..whatever) so wasnt a goal. Pretty pathetic rule though I reckon.

Harsh on Croatia deserved a draw maybe.

7. brunopita

brunopita Banned

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    FIFA had better options for referee, really. No penalty bud Fred knew how to fake it, especially from the referee's POV, and a lot of players from many teams try to do that kind of thing. The third goal started with a foul, but the referee was not making that kind of call in many plays, so at least he kept the wrongness for both teams, unfortunately Croatia suffered a goal because of it.

And Julio César was in the box (don't know the right word) and can't be touched in the air, it's a very old rule. It was a foul.

But FIFA had so many options for referee.

8. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Armour
    That game sums up why I stopped watching Football years ago, what a farce. Even though I don't follow the sport any more I still like to watch the World Cup but that match was everything I hate.

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    no need for that. just use video ref like they use in hockey. works great.

the main ref can always use that, and each team can ask 2 times in the whole match to use it. takes every doubt away.

10. brunopita

brunopita Banned

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB

It's FIFA, man, they're old fashioned and proud of it even if this kind of thing happens a lot in their main event. Last World Cup England made a goal against Germany that the entire World saw, except the referee.

11. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    well blatter proposed for video technology just recently (since he wants to be reelected again.

there is already video line technology and the spray right now, but of course it is not enough.

12. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    The thing that ticks me off about Soccer or European Football is where some players fake injuries and the other player who is next to them get a red card and thrown out of the game.

Also the US is idiotic for hiring a coach who has no confidence in his players to win. Yeah I know that they are in the same group as Germany and Portugal but still.

Also I wonder if the French loses if their government will dishonor their players like they did after previous Cup.

13. brunopita

brunopita Banned

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    Here in Brasil the spray is being used for a long time now, some years.

The video line had to be accepted because of the England's goal in the last World Cup. It was a terrible mistake and public/press opinion kept this under surveillance.

14. brunopita

brunopita Banned

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    Klinsmann said he is already thinking in the next World Cup, he will coach USA in Russia World Cup and is aiming to prepare the team for that. I think it's way too soon, but maybe it's a good idea - that's why Donovan wasn't called.

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  17. brunopita

brunopita Banned

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    Everybody knows it wasn't a penalty. But Fred moved his body in a way that looked like he was pushed, especially if you see from the referee's POV. The referee is bad and has one or two seconds to decide, the whole world is watching, not an easy job.

Watch NBA, there's a lot of complex decisions the referees have to make. Even with the replay sometimes is hard to define the right call.

18. brunopita

brunopita Banned

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    This guy should never ever been the referee for this game. FIFA had to have him cut from the list of possible referees. In 2010 he was the referee for Brazil x Holland and didn't called a penalty on Kaká, he was far from the play. Brazil was winning, 1x0, it was the final of the first half and Holland was playing really bad, so there was no trouble with that. Second half, Holland 2 x 1 Brazil. End of World Cup for Brazil.

19. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Someone should do a sneaky and replace the white spray with super glue waaa haaa haaa ha

20. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    What a terrible decision! Croatia deserved a draw in my eyes! Crap opening ceremony(apart from those awesome trees), awful referring, clashed with police outside. This is going to be fun.