World Cup Brasil 2014

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 4, 2013.

1. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Windsor is fine (actually for me brill). Will let you know when have looked at the schedule...

Any other guru's game?

p.s actually can scope out a few pubs in the next week or so as my gym is in Windsor. Can do a solo recce...i.e check which one has the best screen..

2. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    The Jester is good if you want a fight with some squaddies from the castle.

3. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    You would know as you seem to the be only comedienne in this thread atm...

Interesting to see how England get on against Ecuador on weds. Am guessing it's gonna be hot so lets see how they cope in the heat...

4. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    [​IMG]

I DO NOT want to troll. ill just want u to see both sides and maybe also think about the People behind all this..

Nevertheless, i wish u all a nice Football WM....

Thanks..

BetA

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014

5. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    Except it's not summer... summer here is in December-March. Most games are going to be after 12 oclock, so likely the average temperature is going to 26C which isn't too bad.

Or are you guys like canadians? :p

[​IMG]

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    what about the humidity ?

7. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    ehh, its usually 60%-70% in my city. but that's totally negated to the fact that it's a beach/coast city so there is always a strong breeze from the ocean.

Though inland cities like brasilia etc might be worse for "wind" but they're generally lower in humidity. right now brasilia is 39% so yeah.

8. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    just send in some Dutch lasses that should raise the temperarture!

9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    [​IMG]

:p

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    hmm what a bad game I saw yesterday. I thought it could not get any worse but it did. pure defensive play , against Wales FFS!!
    I rather see them go down with honour then afraid of the opponent!

Van Gaal has to face the fact that our team cant play 4-4-2

11. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080ti Vision OC
    At least you have a defense, unlike England!

You can't get very far without a good defense but you can win a cup without a good attack.

12. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I wouldnt panic too much mate, those were 2nd choice defenders. It was practically England B vs Ecuador A. and they arent a bad team. Millner was right back, says a lot! Quite impressed by Ox(hope he is okay) and Barkley tho.

Stupid tackle by Sterling and bad reaction from Valencia.

13. southamptonfc

GPU:
    GB 3080ti Vision OC
    Call me a pessimist but I don't rate our first choice defenders either, Cahill is about the only genuinely top class player from the lot. We wont have the intelligence or quality to beat Italy or Uraguay and we're going out in the first round for sure.

14. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Thats true, but still better than Smalling disaster :) Shaw is a little bit raw at international level too, maybe give him a run vs Costa Rica. i hope Rooney pulls himself together and plays like he does for United with Sturridge along side him. Dont put him on the left anymore.

15. southamptonfc

GPU:
    GB 3080ti Vision OC
    I would actually pick Shaw. I saw Everton vs Saints at the end of last season and Shaw looks like the better defender. Yes, Baines is more of an attacking threat but with a lack of quality in the rest of the defence, I would go with Shaw. Infact I would've picked Cole but there you go....

16. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    i wouldnt mind either to be honest. I wonder if Gerrard and Henderson will play well in the middle for England as they did for Liverpool this season. Only position that is really lacking anyone is left wing! Either way there wont be much expectation this year, so hopefullythey will just go out and enjoy themself.

17. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    Appears a bit hostile, towards someone only trying to have a laugh;especially the attempted belittlement via use of the word 'comedienne'. Are you some sort of sexist that deprecates women as mock worthy ?

Enjoy your footy ya prat.

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I dunno about that, almost every Brazilian International team ive seen since 1982 has had a very sloppy defence apart from 1994 and they've won it 5 times. Depends on how good you are at keeping the ball which the Brazilians are masters. The best defence i ever seen was the Italian Franco Baresi era, the finest defence ever in my opinion. Germany Defence prior to 1996 before all the old battle-hardened players retired were one of the best i ever seen also.

19. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Oh grow up! Let's keep this thread as it should be. Fun and no bs.

P.S and yes making comments like "am gonna have a drink every time england concede" is fairly childish/moronic. I dont care if you do or not but take your crap elsewhere. Oh and the comedienne was unintentional btw..

P.P.S what was Roy doing? Milner def not right back and play Rooney where he is meant to play. That red card was harsh on Sterling but I could understand Valencia might have been pissed off..

Gave the ball away far 2 much, defense looks dodgy. Well I dont think the milner situation helped.

Passing has to be better.

Oxlade chamberlain probably out and Wilshere scares me with his runs from inside our half...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  20. Arend.C

Arend.C Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    I doubt we will ever see 4-4-2 again, van Gaal practically said that himself after the game. It will be te oldskool 4-3-3 from now on against teams like Wales.