World Cup Brasil 2014

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 4, 2013.

1. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Crap! Just dont support them if you feel this way...

Were we beaten soundly in both games? No, so cut out the rubbish and get real.

Yeah it could have been a lot better but that's how it worked out. Get over it!

Anyways am done with answering this type of bs. Still you are entitled to your opinion.....

That's the bad thing about football it's brings out the idiocracy and small mindedness of the majority.

p.s if England has played abysmally i'd be the first to admit it.

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    That's your opinion, whichever way you look at it they ain't good enough, simple.
    There is no point us arguing over a bunch of overpaid, overrated idiots that bowled out of the world cup in the first 2 games. Abysmal is an understatement. I have real money riding on Argentina and Germany before tournament even started. I didn't put any money on England cause i know they ain't good enough to win and tbh id put money on teams like Ghana to beat England. Worst England team that ive ever seen. I really couldn't give a toss about England because ive seen it all before. Only thing that has changed is that England get worse as each year goes by. I bet they lose there last game to costa Rica as well.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  3. Sampson

Sampson Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 970GTX
    Ill admit that England played pretty good against Italy and had some decent chances.

That game against Uruguay WAS abysmal though, you are completely right. I'm glad Rooney finally got his first World Cup goal and i really hoped it would boost moral but they completely fell apart.

England is the most frustrating team to watch for me. So much potential but they always end up falling apart and cant finish worth a damn. I'm pleasantly surprised by teams like Costa Rica though, really keeps it fresh and exciting to see teams like that step up!

How about France completely redeeming themselves as well? Especially since the fiasco of last World Cup and missing the Ribber, good for them!

4. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    That is why he's the best player in the world, in a team that isn't as good as Barcelona, tbh Iran deserves a draw.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    o_O argentina, just before time. i hoped iran would score tbh.

totally not impressed.

so far i think either germany or france will win the wc

6. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Finally the game ended, i almost fell asleep...

Bad game from Argentina, they have great players but can´t play as team. Higuain was garbage, Aguero was completely lost and Messi is still undecided between playing in midfield as a number 10 or in attack as a foward. And in midfield things aren´t better, di Maria also undecided between playing as an interior midfielder like in Madrid or as a pure winger while Gago isn´t good enough. The defense seems the best area of Argentina right now... Argentina really needs a coach as good as their fowards...

In the end they were lucky because the referee didn´t see a penalty in favour of Iran and because they have Messi. Great goal from the magic midget!

Let´s see what Germany does next.

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Nice goal by Messi, very boring game though.
    Come on the Germans...make me some money!

On a side note.....A friend of mine phoned me today, he won £5000 by betting on England to go out in the first round at 50-1. He bet £100....lucky bugger, he said hes gonna go on a nice holiday.:)

8. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Yup, Iran deserved the draw. Two fine chances to score aswell.

9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    hmm germany played crap the first half. ghana deserved a goal imo.

omg lucky germany with their goal!!
    lol there was a streaker on the field
    w00t great goals ghana and nice equaliser from germany

great game in total, wish ghana would have won though , they deserved it more.

10. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    getting beated is what matters, the quantity gets lost @ history

in fact the only thing which matters is winning the WC

the only thing which i care apart from winning, is playing as many matches as possible so I can see them, but that is for me

11. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Great game by Germany and Gana! Goals, plenty of chances and some great plays! One of the best games so far!

Keep it coming like this!

12. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Ofc. I would answer you in spanish senor but we are in an English speaking forum.

Hey i was disappointed in Spain also!

But my point has been it's wrong to call the players idiots and abysmal. Hey look Germany just drew with Ghana...

What this world cup has shown us is that lots of teams that are rated so-so are playing some very good games.

Tbh I have no clue who is going to win.

13. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    ^^^^ that.

This World Cup is going to be a good mystery for a little while longer. hell, even USA beat Ghana, but Germany only tied. I have no idea what's going on, and I love it.

14. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    its just the groups phase, then we'll see, when you have to show that you have a really GOOD team is later on.

I'm really bored of seeing Spain "oh oh oh group phase was great, we rule bla bla" and then, bang, out in quarters :D (except last one of course, that's why i'm somewhat calmed, I think I didnt expect to see my country winning the WC anytime in my life, so now that we did, it's just okay, lets play :nerd:).

I think at the end Germany or Italy will win, maybe brazil too but I dont believe so much on them.

15. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    ^^ Agreed with all of the above posters. This world cup is so unpredictable, it's constantly surprising me.

The good teams are doing bad and the weaker teams are doing better! WTF?

I bet Germany or France will win this cup.

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    LOL there is a belgium supporter sleeping during the match

17. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    I'm not surprised.

There's another team blown out of proportions. A squad of outstanding players who are absolutely useless when you pair 11 of them up and tell them to play football for their country.

18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeah def not what i expected either. though i already knew fellaini was crap :D

worst match i have seen so far

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  19. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I also fell asleep watching this garbage! Russia and Belgium should be ashamed of themselves...

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Congrats Belgium. :D