World AIDS Day...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Saeid, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Connect3D X800 PCI-Express 256MB
    UNDERSTAND, PROTECT YOURSELF & EDUCATE OTHERS!

- 1 person gets infected with HIV every 6 seconds
    - Everyday 8000 people die because of AIDS/HIV

[​IMG]

Saeid.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2003
  2. Misdirection

Misdirection Guest

I agree....

You have my support..

3. Beavis

Beavis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Quadro K620
    I hope I never get AIDS.

4. Misdirection

Misdirection Guest

Well, you will never know if you will get AIDS or not. I recall one event that I met a girl I used to be in love with. Once I left the camp, she was humping with one boy who is infected with AIDS. Without her knowing that he has AIDS, she fell for it.

As a result, she has to face a serious consequences. When I heard about this, I was DEVASTATED! I wish I could find this guy and beat the **** out of him!

5. Misdirection

Misdirection Guest

Most people who are infected with AIDS only survive minimum of 8-10 years. Since medication sky-rocketed, some survivors mave live longer. There are only a FEW people that servived against AIDS! In the name of God, they were very FOURNATE!

6. PCPETE

PCPETE Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTS 320MB
    wow, thats some pretty scary thoughts. Be careful everyone!

7. Titan

Titan Guest

cant be that hard to protect yourself. sheesh

8. s_j

s_j Guest

yuk, dont fu*k, then ure safe :D :D :D

9. uncleel

uncleel Master Guru

GPU:
    nVida FX5200
    Don't have unprotected sex, & don't share needles from illicit drug use.

10. Stang289

Stang289 Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4890 Crossfire
    Well the fact we have broken down the human genome leads me to think that there is a cure and/or the govt is sitting on it or they are on the verge of finding one. I strongly believe that there is always a way to beat out the odds, the human mind/body/soul can overcome just about anything if one desires it. I know some people dont believe this but when i was diagnosed with A.D.D. when i was 6 i told myself that it was just there opinion and to this day i control my thoughts, attention etc. I pray for those who have fallen victim to the this plague.

11. Stang289

Stang289 Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4890 Crossfire
    If finding a cure meant somone had to die, id give my life for that cause.

12. madagent

madagent Maha Guru

GPU:
    Voodoo
    well, just because the genome is decoded doesnt mean we immeadiatly have the cure to all diseases. it takes very long hours of analyzing and finding specific bindings of chemicals. it takes years to get this information. now that we have the genome atleast we can begin work on this stuff. the genome only makes finding a cure easier. it doesnt really give us anythign else i think.

13. Stech

Stech Master Guru

GPU:
    His 3850
    well if some one has cancer so can it be because of aids.

14. uncleel

uncleel Master Guru

GPU:
    nVida FX5200
    Researchers fake AIDS study data
    http://www.washtimes.com/national/20031204-113809-8229r.htm
    THE WASHINGTON TIMES By Robert Stacy McCain

Three Maryland researchers have admitted fabricating interviews with teenagers for a study on AIDS prevention that received more than $1 million in federal funds.

University of Maryland at Baltimore's department of pediatrics as researchers on the study, funded by a grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).

...admitted they made up interviews with teenagers, which they had claimed took place from May to August 2001, for the study on preventing the transmission of HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. The fabrication was first reported in the journal Research USA.

The study involved "817 black youths aged 12 to 16 years," and found that youth whose families participated in the enhanced Focus on Kids program showed "significantly lower rates" for a variety of risk behaviors, including sex without condoms and use of cigarettes and alcohol