WORKING solution to 7800gt fan speed problem

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by lenne, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Jay_Man

Jay_Man Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 640MB in SLI
    I dont know if this will solve my problem, I have an ASUS EN7800GT Extreme, alot of people have said that this card is very noise... Mine is not... In rivatuner it says that my fans are running at 25%, If I put it on 100% it doesnt make a difference.

Is it possible that my card's fan has been locked on a slower speed and will this hardware mod enable me to increase the fan speed

2. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    are their specific brands effected by this ? with just using NV drivers my fan never hits 100%, but with RivaTuner 15.8 it does! run's 50% idle, low perfomance 3d doesnt run at 75% like i have it set for but runs 100% instead (no biggie) and performance 3d runs @ 100%. never heard of this prob till i ran across this thread ....

3. h4rb1ng3r

h4rb1ng3r New Member

GPU:
    XFX 7900GT 550/1630
    has anyone else succeeded in doing this mod? im a little hesitant to try until more that one person in this thread can confirm that it works. I have a 7900GT from Xfx that has this prob. My 7800GT did not. :( Gimme back my 7800GT! :lol:

4. A13X

A13X New Member

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 7800GT 256mb @490Mhz
    Crap. I have this exact problem only I have an "extreeme edition" card with a black pcb and a totally different layout!! Does anyone know if there is a labeling on the transistor that has to be cut off?

5. tm101

tm101 Active Member

GPU:
    Club3D 7800GT @ 473/1134
    If you don't want to mess with your waranty (or you are using a 7900GT) there is another way to control your fan. Namely when your motherboard offers software-controllable fan-controllers that are supported by Speedfan. For the original fan you will need kind of an adapter (or make yourself one).

I am using a VF700 anyway, so I can connect that with my motherboard and give Speedfan control over it. Only drawback is that Speedfan is not able to read the temperature of your GT, so you will need to control it by CPU temperature. But that's fine for me since your CPU will always be busy and hotter whenever you stress your GT. It may happen that your GT fan is triggered when your CPU is doing alot of work on its own (without any 3D application running) like when calculating alot, but in these rare instances you can always at least use the manual controls of Speedfan to override any automatic settings.:blunt: