Working Fallout 4 SLI Profile!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Shadowdane, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080Ti
    [Delete Request]

[edit]

delete this post please...

yah the settings I had found are completely bugged... weather effects completely break with SLI. Also some lighting effects were broken too.

Sorry guys. :(

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  2. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080Ti
    Ok played a bit more and I ran into some glitches using these bits... had one part where the entire sky was flickering during a storm.

Sorry for jumping the gun before I had a while to test this... I'll mess around with it a bit more hopefully a different bit will fix that.

3. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
  4. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
    SLI Is working but got some light flickering bug and the game crashes to desktop every 1 hour of gameplay.

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Can't we just use Skyrim or Fallout 3 or NV SLI profile seen as its the same engine?

6. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080Ti
    Nope DX9 vs DX11 uses completely different SLI flags.

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I guess a working SLI profile enables people to use downscaling, as you shouldn't play with unlimited (as in: high) fps anyway... what a shame.

8. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080Ti
    I don't do downscaling but even at 1080p with everything maxed out I've seen a few areas were my single GTX980Ti hits 99% usage and fps drops below 60fps.

Hopefully Nvidia gets SLI working would be nice to have a solid 60fps with no dips at all.

9. AudiTuner

AudiTuner Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte 7950
  10. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080Ti
    I'll have to give that a try... the other SLI profiles and settings I tried usually bugged out on interior areas using lots of lighting effects or the lightning storms.

So will need to see if that profile works fine for those areas.

11. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI

Just tried and it seems to be working only played for about 5mins ,but it seems smooth and i've got a good boost in fps with god rays also disabled and using fxaa
    playing @ 2560x1440 and getting between 95fps and 145 fps outside just near the red rocket with this sli fix .
    Will report back if i encounter and abnormalities

just played for another hour and still no problems :):):):) yet :):):)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  12. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080Ti
    Yah seems like a decent SLI profile... however I did notice some massive FPS drops when I went back to Vault 111. This doesn't happen at all on a Single GPU.

Also had some lighting glitches in Vault 111, might be the same in the other vaults but haven't ventured enough to locate any of the other ones yet.

13. Underwoa

Underwoa New Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 4GB
    I get kind of similar results even non sli on my GTX 970. Lots of artifacts. Could this be a dying card? It is brand new :/

14. Hapatingjaky

Hapatingjaky Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan-XP SLI
  15. PunishedSnake

PunishedSnake New Member

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte GTX780 3GB
    Hope this will do for a first post, I've been doing a lot of testing with SLI bits and Fallout 4, people have had some success with the 'Batman: Arkham City' and 'Max Payne 3' bits, 0x080202F5 and 0x080200F5 respectively, I've found these to have some poor scaling and both generated glitches within the PipBoy and Menus with AFR and AFR2.

I've completely eliminated these glitches and improved scaling using standard AFR (NOT AFR2) with the bits for MGSV: 0x080000F5.

There IS a bug within the game with SLI that causes SSAO to overly darken character's faces depending on what your Godrays quality is set to. I've found that it works fine if you have all settings at Ultra except Godrays which can be set to 'Medium' or 'High' only.

With Godrays at 'Medium' I'm getting 60FPS locked with absolutely no dips using these on my setup after hours of testing.

16. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Afraid this didn't work for me with 980TI SLI. I loaded up my save which happened to be in an area where i was getting ~130fps and these changes gave me 45fps and nasty input lag. Thanks for trying though

17. PunishedSnake

PunishedSnake New Member

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte GTX780 3GB
    You didn't happen to have Borderless Windowed turned on by any chance?

18. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Nah i just double checked after forcing borderless off in all 4 config files and same thing.

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    There's a sweetfx mod that says to use Max Payne SLI bits

I don't have SLI so can't test

20. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    on my end i just set the SLI option in NV CP to 'force AFR2' and SLI works with my 760s.

i tried the max payne bits but they produced stutter. on nexus i read that dragon age 2/killing floor bits (0x080000F5) supposedly work for maxwell too.

by forcing AFR2 my game benefits a lot and actually maintains 60fps in most situations, but fps still tank in cities sometimes...