[workblog] Project Reversed Gaming Build by JejeLaPelle

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by JejeLaPelle, Jul 5, 2017.

1. JejeLaPelle

JejeLaPelle Member

GPU:
    970 HoF
    Hello!

Sorry for the late answer...

This P5Q deluxe is no longer working (maybe i should try...) was an old MB of my father.

Pictures below!

Here is the milling of the new acrylic piece !

I would like to say that, the things i'm showing, are NOT AT ALL a tutorial, it's how i did, don't do that at home (for those who have a milling machine at home....)

First, i used a wooden plate, to not hit the table with the drill, i fixed the whole thing VERY CAREFULLY!

[​IMG]

Seems i'm ready... the beast too!

[​IMG]

Second step, make the exterior pass :

[​IMG]

So you have a smooth surface, and the right size!

Then you make the 12mm holes, for G1/4 :

[​IMG]

The coolant pass now, with a 10mm drills :

[​IMG]

I'm using air to remove the chips!
    Those pass are 10mm depth, but you don't do the 10mm in one time, here, i took 2mm by 2mm.
    And to finish, the seal's groove.

[​IMG]

After that i do holes for the screws...
    And after some cuts in the aluminium, and a nice bend, you have :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you like!

Next week, pictures of the case building!

2. JejeLaPelle

JejeLaPelle Member

GPU:
    970 HoF
    Hello,

Just a small update to post some pictures of the squeleton of the case.

Photos are really bad... sorry for that...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even if it's ugly (i mean the photo quality), we can see the adaptator plate i've made for the DUAL DDC (to fit a 120mm fan), the brand's name, well placed in front of the acrylic plate.

You can also noticed the space beetween the two aluminium plate for cable management.

Late this week i'll show you the graphic card with the WB and the original backplate. I removed the leds from the stock cooler and i know how to fix them the block.
    I'll also show you my PSU box, almost finished... It has been long, because of the color choice, but now, i've got it! And it's not black, neither white....

3. JejeLaPelle

JejeLaPelle Member

GPU:
    970 HoF
    Hello!

Here is the work on the graphic card!

This is the LED system from the original rad of the GPU :

[​IMG]

Asus did a nice thing, because you only have two leds illuminating the rad, light is transmit by a kind of plastic tube.
    I had to add lenght to the led cables, i also sleeved it, and here it is, under the block :

[​IMG]

(so now, we can see the Asus logo on the chipset!)

I added a small plastic plate (painted in black) to maintain the led and hide a bit.

[​IMG]

The other siden with original backplate, i only drilled some holes and used new screws (this BTR are not the definitive screws).

[​IMG]

Now my PSU box!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm really happy with this color, because it takes well light and color as you can see on this picture :

[​IMG]

So for RGB i think it will be perfect!
    This grey (instead of black or white) choice was made mainly while seing the project CrystaliZed 570x by Daniel "twister" Bolognesi (if you don't know this mod, google it... so awesome!). I've just adapt the color for a nice match with black and white.

So what's next? Boring things for you mainly! I will have to do some holes for the lasts things (some cosmetics, some for the I/O panel, fix the reservoir ect...). Sand a lot and paint...
    Interesting things will be :
    -placement of feet and the lower plate (yes there is an other layer of aluminium!
    -doing the I/O panel
    -doing the last acrylic part (the top one)

When all of this will be done, it will be the best part! Tubing and testing!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017 at 11:18 AM