(Work related) warning letter ?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Quicks, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Nosgoth

Nosgoth Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 260 GTX Black Ed.
    Notice how most people ignore the question to vent their anger, I completely understand it but have to wonder if it would be the same if you had been locked up for speeding which is just as dangerous

Technically if missing work is grounds for a warning then there's nothing that you can do, you may have recieved some leniency if you had been a victim of crime, suffering illness, acts of god etc or maybe not, it depends on the company

You can see the reactions here to what happened and if you choose to make an issue out of then it may well go against you, both personally and proffesionally
    It is probably best that you take it on the chin and count yourself lucky

2. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    Ahahaha.
    Alcohol is involved in over 40% of fatals in the US
    Speed is a factor in ~20% of fatals.

And there are far less miles driven drunk than speeding. Drunk driving one of the most dangerious 9if not the most dangerious) driving behavior in the world.

3. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    I'd like to say "this", and sure, more accidents happen with drunk drivers.
    But in reality, in probably >99% of the cases, all that really happens is that you wake up the next morning with a hangover, and see that you haven't wasted any money on a cab.

But don't be confused, I'm still against drunk-driving, and wouldn't do it myself.
    Sorry to hear about your friend though, proFits.

4. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I was being held in a precint one time and in a cell next to me was a radio shack manager who was due to open the store the following morning.
    He got fired for not being able to make work even though he finally got through to someone on the phone to notify them.

You get locked up cause of your own doings a majority of the time and almost all the time the real world is not gonna pause and hold your spot.

5. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Companies exist to provide a service or product to others. While doing so they have to be solvent (take in more money than they spend).

Your job and function at the company may be instrumental in doing this so they need you there or they can't provide services or stay solvent...unless they replace you.

The warning letter is to get your attention so hopefully they won't have to do this. That way everyone wins.

Lex