Wolfenstein

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PistolGripPump, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
  2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It's not that it's a different engine, but it's adjusted to what kind of gameplay is going. It's not uncommon, the same thing was done with Quake 4.

Btw GuitarScott, that's not the final version of the game. That's a leaked multiplayer that was sized down to download faster. Basically textures were reduced.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  3. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    What's up with the graphics being bad thing? It's not that bad, but do any of you would actually like this game more if it had Crysis-level graphics? I mean good graphics or not this game is absolutely nothing special at all, it'd still be just as "meh" as it currently is.

4. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Thanks for the answer.

I really can't stand regenerative health, it just makes everything far too forgiving, hopefully the uber difficulty level removes it or changes it somehow. Unfortunately for me, it seems regenerative health is becoming the new standard in shooters, my cynical side would say it's out of complete developer laziness, as it requires next to no balancing, and allows almost anyone to cruse through any situation if there is any amount of cover.

5. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It did seem to regernerate at a much slower rate on the uber setting, but that could of just been cause i was getting shot more.

I never expected this to look like Crysis, just the character models aren't as good as Fear2, COD5, COJ:BIB, or even Quantum Of Solace, better than Left4Dead though, and the Physics are pretty cool, and my CPU usage barely hits 50% which is nice.

6. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    From everything I've read, this game is a major let-down. The last Wolfenstein was great fun and I enjoyed the hell out of it. This one seems to be afflicted with a serious case of consolitiis and a lack of effort. I'll buy it, but not until it hits the bargain bin.

7. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I loved RTCW 7-8 years ago, but played it again this week as this was out, and have to say it wasn't as good as i remembered.
    Felt basic and repetitive, maybe cause i prefer slower and more thought based games these day, but made me more forgiving of this one anyway, and i don't mind regenerative health either, health packs are silly and should be reserved for RPG's but if this continues to be run, shoot, run shoot, then i can see it being uninstalled today.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  8. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
    "so if you just want some pure throwaway fun and don't mind some noticeable flaws you'll enjoy ......."

I think that sums it up ; I never play MP; so when the game it's cheaper I will definitively go fot the SP and have some fun :banana:

also things like
    "the game looks ancient"
    "its technology it's behing the time"

those are opening lines of the video review;

still I am willing to play it ; it looks fun plus the SP it's supposed to be really long

9. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Not that we need to get into some debate, but isn't your health magically regenerating just as, if not more, silly?

I for one don't care if either is silly, I just can't stand regenerative healths impact on gameplay.

10. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Possibly, and i agree it regenerates too quickly in most games, Crysis had it spot on i feel, and survival horror games, RPG's, stealth based games then definetly no regenerative health, but this is just a dumb shooter.

If the AI is good enough, then regenenrative health shouldn't have any impact on gameplay.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I happen to really love the game so far.
    Yes the graphics are not cutting edge, but honestly... did anyone actually expect them to be? Running off a highly modified version of the Doom 3 Engine (idTech4) it's not going to look as great as other, newer shooters out there.

But the visuals looks good, they do a solid job of getting the feel of the game world across. I really like it. Performance is also really good, with the game maxed at 1600*900 it runs silky smooth.

Gameplay wise (I only play single player) it feels like RtCW. Raven did a great job of capturing the spirit and feel of the last Wolf game. I don't know what people were expecting, it's Wolf.
    It's going to be a run and gun shooter, with an overly campy story and lots of **** blowing up. :)

Just sucks for you MP gamers that Endrant Studios fumbled the MP component so badly. Maybe Raven should have done both SP and MP themselves.

But, I've seen someone else has already asked, but is there any way to force AA in this game? I've tried through the Nvidia CP and nothing. And with no option in the game's graphics menu... it's a slight annoyance.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Can't wait to get my copy! I could do with a solid single player shooter. All the fps games of the recent years were so very poor, bar a few exceptions.

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    There is no quick save, only checkpoints. :bang:

14. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    Have you tried the Half-Life 2 series?

15. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Great stuff! Looking forward to this one!

16. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Seconded.

17. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    The game is quite fun. I agree with what Damien_Azreal said above. I think however, the price they are selling it at is a ripoff and will definitely encourage piracy. This game is really worth maybe a $39.99 price tag. I've played all previous ones and wanted to make sure I didn't miss one. Online play was ok, no FFA but there is TDM which is ok... Didn't try the other game types.

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    IMO screenshots say nothing about the game itself
    if the graphics are just like anyday shooter, its fine by me :) i still play older games almost each day , coz of the great gameplay.
    from the things ive seen the gameplay looks pretty good so far.
    i wil be keeping a close eye on this.

Can people please post videos, or more screenshots please ? \

19. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    well it's nothing like return to castle wolfenstein but i like the new way the gameplay is heading once you get that magical device

20. wisitor

wisitor Master Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 713/1728/1000
    this is one of rare times that i installed game set graphic options and then start to play, and i couldn't quit for 4 hours(i usually just quit after few minutes then look online for patches or some mods or whatever) . its very addicted with naciz,cool powers,wep upgrades and exploration aspect is awsome,character movment and physic in game feels very natrual.
    very good game im so glad i got it :)