Wolfenstein

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by PistolGripPump, Jul 13, 2008.

1. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    lool
    I am happy for vsync+60fps (1280x720@60Hz - monitor CRT) and I got always 60fps :D but I don't work force AA. :(
    more than 60fps is NOT important!! eg: vsync-on - 60fps+60Hz is more smoother and easier to read/watch images than 60fps+120Hz. :D

2. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    m8 this isnt about whether playing with v-sync on is better or not. its about whether you can force it off or not. some people actually like playing it with it off because they have setups that can run @100fps plus and find it smoother.

i for one dont mind. but the reason its pissing me off is because i have some kind of on-screen tearing going on and i want to turn v-sync off to see if the problem goes away. perhaps its something to do with aa but i dont like games when i cant choose to turn v-sync off/on.

there is an option in the video settings so why the hell doesnt it work. might also be some sort of note of this in the manual...

still happening on 186.18 (was on 190's before). havent got rivatuner so before i install and use it perhaps someone who has and can test can let me know if it makes any diff?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  3. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    the best solution is vsync enabled!! you must enable vsync and you change from your vertical frequency to 60Hz!! if you are running vista then you should change resolution and Hz in desktop (same setting game) and you run game.
    this game has only 60fps for play game but more than 60fps may be fast-move (faster than real-time).

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Not every game has tearing. i dont have vsync enabled on all my games.

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    sigh nvm. i know how to enable v-sync. point is i have an issue on-screen and dont want to run the game with it so that i can see if running without v-sync helps..

6. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    did you try d3doverrider ? like i mentioned on the previous page ?

7. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    thks for explaining it a bit better than i did :)

ill have to get riva up and running..

8. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    yeah, let us know how it works out for you :)

9. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    the vsync disabled is always tearing and up to inlinite or finite fps!! despite vsync disabled the game (has up to finte fps) causes only finite (50-sensible; 60-konami, id software, capcom, sega...; 100-flatout cars) fps.

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    you mean for you the games have tearing with vsync off. :)
    seriously i only put on vsync if i have tearing, or my cards fan makes too much noise.
    in multiplayer games i even try to avoid Vsync, because it slows the game down. try enabling vsync in source engine mulitplayer games for instance and you will know what i mean.

11. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    sorry to say this but lol d3doverrider is for directx games it says it in the name :D

btw the option triplebuffer in driver cp is the one for openGL, force it to on and enable vsync in game thats how i got it working here; well vsync was enabled by default, and i already had enabled triplebuffer in driver. And didnt see any tearing like mitzi lol dunno what are you doing :D, btw i use 168.18whql.

yea no aa kinda sucks, there is a cfg file in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\id Software\WolfSP

seta r_multiSamples "0" i've set it to 4 and i still see jaggies, also tried forced aa no success. Maybe it must be set to 1 i'm gonna give it another go later with that setting.
    Apart from that its ok runs smooth and looks enjoyable, i also tried new patch and saw no change at all, maybe cause its mostly for mp bugs.

Really lovin the physics effects and the floating at the beginning of the game, just entered the dig site before...

12. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    I used always vsync enabled for play games! :D but I didn't use for test/benchmark games. ;)
    I played only in single player because I don't buy. but I will buy nfs shift for work multi-player in month next. ;) :)

13. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Oh right lol. oh well another idea down the drain :)

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Really sucks there's no AA option in the game's menu, and forcing it through the control panel doesn't work.
    This is a first. All of Doom 3 Engine games have an AA setting in the game's menu. I know Raven did a lot of work modifying the game's engine... but AA could really help to improve the game's visuals a lot I feel.

15. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
    anyone with ati cards tried to force AA and catalyst ai ??

16. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    xfx 5700xt 8gig
    I believe the tearing is the fact your running a x2 card. Basically crossfire and probably the crossfire isn't supported very well in the drivers. Give it another driver release and see if that fixes your problem. Remember game just came out so patches are most likely coming soon too.

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    They've already released one patch.

And Endrant Studios, the developer responsible for the multiplayer portion, has been axed. The majority of their studio was laid off the day the game came out.

id Software and Raven have both stated on the Wolf forums they would continue to support/update the game (both single and multiplayer) themselves.
    It seems they are aware that Endrant completely fumbled the MP component. And id and Raven both have a great history of supporting/updating titles, so I have faith they won't leave the community hanging.

18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    lucky i didnt bother with rivatuner then. thks for the suggestion though whitelightning...

yeah its a shame i am quite enjoying the game but then i get this shimmering line that goes through the scene. i tested other games and it doesnt happen.

overall i think the game has some nice touches and nice effects but i think the graphics is a tad lacking. yeah not being able to force aa is a bit of a bummer.

oh well guess i'll complete on normal then work through hard...def worth playing a couple of times.

gonna try mp now to see if i get any of this tearing. funny i always heard people going on about about it and now i have it..

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    It's true the graphics are not cutting edge. And considering the engine the game is running on, I think Raven did a really good job on the visuals.
    The Doom 3 engine did not age well.

I'm glad Raven is using the Unreal Engine 3 on Singularity. :)

But, dated graphics or not, I love the game. The visuals may not be up to levels of Crysis or FarCry 2, but the gameplay is fun. And the art direction does help make up for the lack of rendering power. :)

20. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    well played multiplayer and didnt get any screen tearing or issues. ran fine..

[​IMG]

think i solved my tearing issue (fiddled around with nhancer profiles) and game albeit lacking some aa is looking ok and is fun

can post my nhancer profile if peeps want..