Wolfenstein: Youngblood

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by gerardfraser, Mar 27, 2019.

1. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Definitely noticing the bullet sponge. Wonder if they did it this way due to the co-op nature of the game? Either way, it feels way out of place. Loving the combat, audio, video and even the wise-cracking twins, however.

2. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    Did people want coop and microtransactions? Nope.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    So it plays sort of like Halo then? (bullet sponge wise)

4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    How do you know?

5. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    Because I'm God.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

ouch spoiles it in the title even.....

yea rage is single player with a season of content to expand it, yea the world is flat and boring and deep as a puddle, but the combat is fun. the additions via games as a service seems like it could fix the content variety issue.

younblood is a co op with horrendious AI, the humor is child level edge, the gameplay is repetitive if solid, bulletsponge this is gaming cancer,

sure these games might sit in similar zones ratings wise, and hey do you have a friend to play with? they are different animals aimed at different demographics. blood would be better had they tightened up the AI and lest saved the game for the losers that have no friends to play with.

8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Half of the review rants about the AI (solved by playing with a buddy) and other reviewers giving it a score to high in the guy's opinion. Cool that he goes on about credibility... when half he does is attacking other people's cred. :D
    Other half does sound like valid complaints. Only that Wolfenstein has passed onto cringe worthy writing and plotting all the time and long ago already, just replayed The New Order and boy... it already had the issues he described here in terms of story / writing / dialogues.
    But stuff like no ammo respawns etc. sounds like either trying to force microtransactions, or upping the difficulty level sort of. Backtracking levels is... meh... although he does give them credit for exactly that: at least it's not a full price title. No pausing is really annoying...

That said, most of the complaints he has could be solved by a patch. We shall see.

9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Nowadays I buy all games on sales.
    If game doesn`t provide fun, I just uninstall it.
    Simple, and no need to write multiple obvious subjective things in forums.

Angantyr likes this.
  10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    maybe he is loner, maybe a game that has single player should have competent AI so playing single is not a issue shocking notion there though i guess.

11. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Really disappointing reviews. They Far Cry New Dawn'd it.

I was really wanting just Wolfenstein but CoOp.

I'll probably get this on a deep sale after they fixed some of the issues. I imagine they can easily patch out the re-spawning enemies and other gameplay problems, but the RPG elements and core of the game itself is flawed imo.

cerebus23 likes this.
  12. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Would have been amazing having a co-op Wolf, but with Fergus and his
    robotic arm

Could have been amazing. :(

13. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I don't have the game myself, but looking at reviews and videos.. why in the world did they design the two girls that way? They don't fit. One of the girls should be very quiet and collective and the other one loud and destructive. That would have shown both sides of BJ and Anya. It would have made the characters seem more realistic and like they shared DNA from their parents.. Instead both of them are "college bros" and equally idiotic. On top of that, the quiet and collective one could have had the stealth abilities and the destructive/loud one could have had some combat perks. Instead they are both the same stupid character with just a different name.

Celcius and cerebus23 like this.
  14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yet, that doesn't work.
    Microtransactions in the game are only for skins for your armor or weapons.

You can not buy weapon upgrades, perks, ammo... anything like that with real money.
    You can't even buy the silver coins you find in game to upgrade your weapons with real money.

15. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Wouldn't play this even if it was free. I might play it if they paid me.

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, good for you.

I guess.

17. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Yeah, seeing more of this game makes the overall score understandable. It seems that most people didn't want a RPG-ified Wolfenstein, especially one made in the vein of F3AR (but worse, because there you could actually play solo, without an AI companion). Why they feel the need to stick to this weird juvenile humour is also beyond me, but maybe Marvel's contemporary movies have poisoned the well enough that everyone feels the need to add endless visecracking. Oh well, RtCW still reigns supreme. If it wasn't for the regenerating health and other "CoD" elements, Wolfenstein 2009 would be easily better than this as well.

Kolt likes this.
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I watched this review and yeah.... well... wow... hopefully the next game will be better *fingers crossed*

Kolt and cerebus23 like this.
  19. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i don't understand co-op "forced" games. i understand optional co-op and some of the games
    are even a blast, like Dead Island.. and more. but Youngblood seems to me like its too damn forced. too much action, always co-op mode. i didn't play it, im gonna wait for a sale and think about it before il buy. i liked the previous games and i dislike the idea that it had a so-so
    story.. but im not gonna say no way... i might give it a try.

cerebus23 likes this.
  20. MMXMMX

MMXMMX Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 4090 OC
    Best game ever I LOVE it !!!!! But waiting for RTX patch :)