Wolfenstein: Youngblood

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by gerardfraser, Mar 27, 2019.

1. MMXMMX

MMXMMX Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 TI
    Hmm I didn't know that .
    BTW I got stuck in the store while playing and didn't know how to get out of it :(

I don't like playing the game without RTX on if I wanted to play with out RTX I would have bought a AMD card :)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  2. MMXMMX

MMXMMX Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 TI
    How can I save the single player game before exit ?

Between the 150 and 200 FPS ad 2560-1440 120 Herz
    With a Core I7 7700K
    RTX 2070 Super
    32GB 3200

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  3. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    u cant its checkpoint related i think, u also cannot pauze the game.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/guides/wolfenstein-youngblood-graphics-and-performance-guide/

NVIDIA game guide.

Includes RTX information as well on what they'll be adding with that down the line. :)

Reflections and ambient occlusion.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    This game is a stutterfest - literally freezing for 0.5 to 2 seconds every 30 seconds - unless I limit the framerate to 60 FPS in the game options. Playing at maxed out (Ultra/Uber) 2560x1440 settings and I have a 165 Hz G-SYNC monitor. I suspect G-SYNC might be the issue even though Wolftenstein New Colossus ran fantastic on my GTX 1080 Ti with no such issue.

Anyone else having this issue with a G-SYNC display?

Anyway, apart from the cringe-worthy characters and their god-awful dialogue, the game is pretty decent, thanks mostly to great gun-play and meaty weapons. Level design is a bit mediocre, particularly as you can easily see where rooms and sections are repeated. Not awful but definitely not a patch on the previous game so far (about 1.75 hours in, solo play only). Still, at £21 on GreenManGaming this is sensibly priced for what is basically an expansion to the last game.

6. MMXMMX

MMXMMX Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 TI
    I play with V-Sync off in game menu just give that a try ? You get a frame boost to :)

7. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    No issues here on a G-Sync display, zero stutters, runs pretty much as The New Colossus did for me.

Are you using the Nvidia Game Ready drivers?

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Yes, v431.60 WHQL. Might need to retest Wolfenstein: NC in case it’s something to do with running Windows 10 v1903 19H2 (build 18362.10005) and/or Intelligent Standby List Cleaner. Like the previous game, I’m running Youngblood from a 7,200rpm SATA3 hard drive by the way and not my boot SSD. Oh and it’s the Bethesda.net Launcher version not Steam (which I did not realise at the time of buying it... and my, my, isn’t the Bethesda.net launcher an awful lot like the Battle.net one?).

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Hilarious. So if you die multiple times, you could be out of ammo and not able to continue. Massive fail if this is not fixed.

10. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2080 Ti
    G-Sync works fine for me. Game looks great, running in 3840x2160 DSR. I love the dialogue and humor, it fits the theme. Wish it had RTX on release.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Just played for over an hour, no stuttering or hitching.

12. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    looks like a pass for me. unless im missing something ? story wise, is it even
    interesting ?

13. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    I’m using the steam version and it’s installed on an SSD so that could be it.

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Story seems a bit tryhard early on but eh it's still just the first level I'm sure it'll get better ... probably not though.

EDIT: Wait that other bit would be a Wolfenstein New Colossus spoiler obvious as the plot twist and reveal was so just remove that.

EDIT: The plot though yeah the writing is what it is, one moment it's all dark and serious and then it's comedic and then it's ... whatever it is.

[​IMG]

Anya certainly took a weird turn here.

Though it could just be my way of seeing the scene and how it looks like she's going all in on Aryanphilia if that's a thing particularly with that facial expression all distant and off.

[​IMG]

Anya you still there?
    (Though Blazko isn't quite the same thing but then plot happened.)

EDIT: Well there's been worse examples of writing in video games and the story is just there to deliver the action.

EDIT: And the plot from New World Order was kinda B grade all out action with some really cheesy lines and delivery but it was fun and it worked so it's kinda hard to go from that and try to take the game more seriously though New Colossus tried but was all over the place though occasionally it delivered.

Well on to the rest!

EDIT: That and overthinking it a bit, well time to see what the plot twist here is.
    (And get some sweet cosmetic rewards! :p )

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Undying likes this.
  15. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Anyone has different mouse sensibility in moving vs. aim down sights? How to change that?

16. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2080 Ti
    Look at it this way: how many half-decent co-op shooters are there out there? Especially if you are not a big looter shooter fan.

17. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    I was considering it, so I went to Steam and...

Incorporates 3rd-party DRM: Denuvo Anti-tamper
    Requires 3rd-Party Account: Bethesda.net (Supports Linking to Steam Account)
    Requires agreement to a 3rd-party EULA

Nope.

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    ^ Double Dicked DRM like RAGE 2 :D

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    You're only required to use Bethesda.net if you play online.
    I haven't linked a bethesda.net account to RAGE 2, and haven't with Wolf Youngblood.

Also, Denuvo was removed from RAGE 2 very quickly.

20. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    could be worse.
    classic doom was released for the switch and requires Bethesda account to play the game.