Wolfenstein: Youngblood

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by gerardfraser, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    You say that like it's some new development.
    Games having manual saving has become something of a rarity now. DOOM 2016 did not have any manual saving, only checkpoints.

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    It's new for me cuz i rarely play modern games.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Yeah I overrode that as soon as it was possible, not ideal but functional.
    https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9914

"Bind F6 savegame Test"

There, for now at least until the next patch risks breaking compatibility but it can be unrolled as well if needed either by backup of exe or just using Steam.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/611h5e/guide_how_to_download_older_versions_of_a_game_on/

Which if one combines two depots it downloads just the diff data too so no second full on download of the entire game. :)
    (Thankfully the binaries depot here is separated so it's only ever going to be a ~200 MB download and if they ditch Denuvo it'll be even less though it's still much less than the full game itself regardless. :D )

EDIT: Oh and don't save when you shouldn't such as mid-cutscenes and stuff if that gets allowed it could break things, regular gameplay only.
    (Technically a load command also exists but resume from latest picks the save anyway so no more 90 minute re-runs for boss towers and stories like that.)

Although I've only gotten started with the game, spent a few hours experimenting with the CE and command console on the airship figuring out screenshot and HUD toggles and seeing what could be tweaked but mainly as a convenience helper and getting that checkpoint system out of the way for when doing offline runs.

Can't ditch AI-Sister of "STEALTH SUCKS!" and everyone is alerted when she inevitably ends up spotted but eh it's manageable and sometimes her cloaking actually works and it's my own fault. :p
    ("Hot Dog" as B.J said that one time in Old Blood when he should have said Bratwurst or something...Heh.)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmvIV56W4AsXQhN.jpg
    Unfortunately Saboteur got pulled before I managed to snag a Steam version copy. Oh well next up Wolf 3 and whatever it will use from this and the prior games.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  4. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Game was updated today,NO RTX yet .

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Yeah over on Fearless and discussions around Cheat Engine this doesn't look like 1.0.5 and instead it removed the code bits for god-mode and noclip that one of the tables added from re-enabling the command console following in the steps of the hotfix before which undid the code for adding silver coins.
    There are other archives updates as well so some other fixes could be part of it but it seems like a exploit or security quick fix and not a very great one at that either.

1.0.5 itself should also fix a few of the reported common complaints or at least improve on them and other fixes but that and the RTX update are not yet out. :)

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, I was waiting for the 1.0.5 update before going back to the game.

7. gerardfraser

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Great information there,thank you.

I have Blair Witch and Control to finish to even start this game,I may wait it out for RTX no matter how long it takes.

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/1056960/announcements/detail/1610521707063753304

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I know, wishful thinking. But if ever happens, I just may get this title. :D

10. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Doubt it, they're too progressive to act like normal people. ;)

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    I'll only play this game when RTX is live, and mostly because i own the game (thanks nvidia deals) and i'm curious.
    But speaking truthfully, those games' stories bores me, don't make me laugh at all when they try to, don't make me care at all when they try to.
    Bonus: the first person perspective gives me motion sickness.

I still enjoy checking the map design, ennemy AI behaviour, VFX/Sound, but that's it.

12. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    Does anyone know why the game running Vulkan on my CPU and not GPU? I am getting on the menu 15-27 and it shows the CPU is used on the game statistics

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    same reason as doom, id is stupid and doesn't parse the list of vulkan devices then pass them to the user.

secondary chips have to be disabled or they'll get used instead.

14. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    I don't have a secondary device. Just GPU 1080GTX and CPU 1950x
    How can I fix that so it uses the GPU?

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    if theres no other gpu in the system, its already using it.

Vulkan has no cpu renderer unless you have the SDK installed.

16. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    So no idea why I have limited 25Fps in this game, just about any other games work fine.

17. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    Can't believe rtx isn't out for this yet

18. gerardfraser

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I still will not play this game without RTX and I hope when RTX is out ,it is not as bad as Shadow of the Tomb Raider after 6 months.
    Well one good thing only paid $11.50USD for the game.

19. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    I even wonder if i'll install this game once RTX patch comes around. Got it alongside Control, but i've no interest in this game at all.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I have no clue at all why its doing this, unless you happen to have an amd apu all of a sudden.

What you might need to do is pin the core affinities to the cores connected to that pcie slot.