Wolfenstein: The New Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ALien8ed, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Havent noticed, though im just running on-board sound with the headphones that came with my s3mini, so not quite sure if its that, but seems alright to me, but not the greatest if we're to compare it to ARMA.

Just finished this today on Uber. The story is great. The gameplay, the atmosphere, you name it. The final cutscene was perfect, not over the top and not anything like RAGEs terrible ending, though would of been hilarious if he did an Indiana and used a fridge for cover:D. The only other FPS that tops this for myself would have to Riddick EFBB for its open worldness and then metros gun play.

MachineGames did an awesome job on giving BJ a personality, really brought him to life. RTCW is going to seem so bland after this Wolf and rest of year has a lot to live up to for myself.

Edit: Small annoyances:

1). Randomly having your arsenal reduced to a knife and the plasma cutter/shooter. Once you get the scope upgrade it basically makes the plasma gun useless when you're being flooded with enemies in these situations.

2). The final boss battle is a nostalgia trip but also extremely boring. Think Deus EXHR boring for boss battles.

3). Stop taking my arsenal away at random FFS.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  2. maize1951

maize1951 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 8GB
    Then again I may be spoiled because I do know what real gunshots or gunfire sound like as I have been an lifelong hunter and target shooter (the real thing). I did notice at the end that they seemed to leave it open for an sequel that might include the main character, like the Marines say "we never leave our men behind" at least that's the way I think it goes.

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    You may want to stick that in a spoiler:p

But you're right and i hope there is, but i get a feeling no mp put to many of the kiddies off a sale and wolf will no doubt be put up on a pedestal for the wrong reason: What happens to profit margins if you dont include a half arse mp and only a have a proper story.

As per your mention of hunting.. whats the quota cap on hunting politicians each season these days? Or do you just stick to normal game, dear duck etc?

4. nikavelli

nikavelli Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti
    Anyone else disgusted with the flaws of this game?

50GB install... For what?

Maxing my VRAM but textures look dated.

60 fps cap when engine is capable of intervals of 30 (i.e. 120 fps is possible)

No multi-GPU support.

Sound effects are bland and generic. Does not sound like I'm shooting a gun.

Character models look dated but that's more forgivable then textures.

Lack of basic image quality settings in GUI like Antialiasing and Anisotropic filtering.

AI lacks intelligence. So much for the "master race".

Texture popping. Looks terrible and breaks immersion. Can't recall a game in recent memory that has this problem other then Rage obviously.

Unfortunately I don't see any of these problems "fixable" through patches because of the amount of resources it would take to re-write engine code.

This game is basically a glorified console port. It has consolitius written all over it. I am glad to see some people are enjoying it though. Have fun guys.

5. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    You should buy an AMD card,works great on AMD.

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    50 GB? probably to fool geeks, nerds and elves. they love big size games. it makes them to think the game is great lol.

7. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    50 gigs of unadulterated fire fisting. Bang bang skippy hoooo fafrrrr yaaaaaaa

8. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    [​IMG]

A usage chart for my 290x, game runs and plays great. 3.5 GB at peak VRAM usage, 1440p all game options maxed.

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I'm starting to move towards the idea of ditching Eyefinity and going for a 1440p LCD instead

I would miss the massive FOV though

10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    How it worked? My fps is the same...

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    How did you rename the .exe?

Steam wont load the game if you rename the .exe it says executable missing...?

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, for some people it doesn't work for some reason, I just renamed it in explorer. you can rename it to anything btw, the boost will still work.

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2014

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Why?

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Becouse you cant get a huge fps increase by simply renaming your exe file.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Why?. Please explain the logic behind renaming an exe to get a performance boost. Seriously, did the person who came up with that just do basic math of 'Oh 64-32 equals 32, that should make it faster'. When every other gamer on pc is calling for x64bit versions of games, all of sudden renaming your exe to x32 give a boost.

If anything its like what someone in the comments section in that link mentioned.. the performance boost is simply because the Nvidia profile is looking for the exe with the x64.exe reference and renaming is do nothing more than if you were to simply remove the correct exe from within the Nspector profile.

This is the first tiem ive ever heard of renaming an exe to blahblah_x32.exe... i mean really, are you for real?!

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    Guys chill what the hell, i just came home and it actually works.

I had crazy fps drops, around 20-40fps on medium settings and with Haze off.
    Now i have smooth 60fps with everything maxed out, no fps drops anymore.

Edit: Did some more googling, yea i get (.)(.)'s comment, most people call it bullsh*t too.

Another thing, the texture popping disappeared completely too.

20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I will say, while I get what (.)(.) is saying, with RAGE... if I play it 64-bit performance is worse.
    In 32-bit RAGE runs much smoother.

So, yeah, I get that basically renaming it just makes it so Nvidia's driver profile doesn't match up.
    But, from experience with RAGE, the engine doesn't run better on 64-bit. At least not for me.

MachineGames are working on an update, so, it'll be interesting to see what they address. Adding a 32-bit option (much like Thief did) could be something people would be happy to see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.