Wolfenstein: The New Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ALien8ed, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes copy below in wolfconfig.cfg located in Username/Save games folder

but you will have to set to read-only after or it will overwrite and delete those lines once you die.

Also before you do that first enable VT-compresion in game or those 8-16k texture maps could bottlenck vram.

The game uses DXT compression and from Rage it didnt make any real visual difference compressed or uncompressed. Only "eliminated" those popups when you turn around, its now using bigger texture pages and needs to stream less.

2. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Oh wow. I've finally hit the wall.

95%+ usage on all 4 cores. Only 55-60% GPU utilization.

3. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    How is the game performance on your setup? Since we have similar parts, installed the game last night but have not got around to playing yet, waiting for my days off work...

4. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Well, some crucial parts are different - namely the gpu's and screen :p i suspect your 144 Hz screen is a 1080p, right? And your gpu's are way better at computing than mine, so they should perform alot better.

The game is locked at 60 fps though, so i would expect that youd maintain constant 60 fps :)

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Managed to use some LLC for my card and gained an extra 50mhz. Im now at 1306mhz and this game as well as others is fully stable. I crashed if i oc any higher, need more voltage. Ive made a short video, once its uploaded ill post it.

Sucks there is no SLI and game is capped at 60fps which is ok but woulda like 100+.

6. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I'm only getting usage on 2 cores on my 5800k, my HTPC with the 435 in it is getting usage on all 3 cores though.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Try seta jobs_numThreads "4" and it will use more..

It was the same on my 4770k, 2-3 threads active, once I set seta jobs_numThreads "8" I saw 50-70% per thread across all 8 threads.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    With triple buffering enabled, i can now use downsampling without a. performance hit unlike before (1440p), Thats with dof completely disabled and everything else on medium, addtional settings on high. 2x Multisamples.

This game looks insane the higher you go in res, more so that anyother game ive played. At times it look like its on UE3, even looks a bit like dishonored inplaces.

Hiw to use the exec 'confginame' command? I keep getting and error saying wrong format or type. cant remember. My config was made using the writeconfig cmd ingame.

9. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    The game has too much of this film grain effect. Any idea how to disable it?

Also how are you guys COMPLETELY disabling dof?

My page file is switched off, but I'm getting 3.93gb ram usage only?

And the game seems to work better with the steam overlay disabled wtf

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I for one never even noticed a "film grain" effect. I figured the game was just using the detail effect id added to RAGE that gave the game a slightly grainy look.

My only issue is the AA. The lack of an in game option to adjust AA is annoying. Specially since RAGE featured one.
    I don't care if it would be simply FXAA, MSAA... or whatever. The current in engine "edge AA" effect they have going on just doesn't look great.

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    These fixes i got from others in this thread, but

DOF disable:
    When at Main Menu - hit 'Ctrl - Alt - ~' then enter 'cvaradd PostprocessDofMode 1' .

That will turn if off, but i think you may need to do it after each death or reload/new level. For that, just enter in the command, then click 'Restart Last Checkpoint'.

Im not sure how to make it so in doent need to be entered everytime. Ive tried adding it to the config file and also there a .json file that a link suggested setting a variable to '0' to permanently disable it, though that doesnt seem to work.

As for film grain, i know you can do it for RAGE.
    Edit: na lod bias is for sharpening,

This engine is weird. example.
    If you enter the cvar vt_LodBias 0.5 then enter it does its thing, the enter the same thing again, it adds the previous value to the new on, eg 0.5 + 0.5.

Its the same with the multisampling (so, enter 2x MSAA twice, you get 4x MSAA + the perf hit), gamma, FOV and many others.

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  12. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    The grain honestly is VERY bad. Even more so when you have grain in the DOF portions.

Like when deathshead was all over me in the prologue, the whole scene with grain looked like poop to me. I wanted to rip my eyes out.

13. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    All the way through the game, among other strange graphic glitches, you'd swear you have a faulty card, but nothing else has the issue.
    Nothing I tried fixed it (different drivers, lowering the overclock etc), I lowered the textures to High, but it only used 2.2GB's of VRAM and even then during cut scene I got pink pixels on someones face. (hammered my card with a lot of tests after that and no fault with anything else)
    Shouldn't need to do anything like that with a GTX780ti.

This is what I get:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2exbHC3nYEA

And yet RAGE runs completely maxed out, no graphic glitches at all..
    :bang:

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Can you post your config please.

Also, i know your using a 144hz and im not sure how they work as never had the pleasure of using one. But can you cap the refresh rate, they game will enforce its own since its capped, but maybe if you do the same with the monitor.

I see in the comments you say you dont use triple buff, so thats not it. Though im on the 337.50 drivers and have no issues what so ever. Maybe give them a try.
    http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/74636/en-us

This game has made me want to re-install Butcher Bay.

15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I just finished the game (Fergus timeline) and it was sublime, enjoyed every single bit of it. It is really awesome for a game that sells itselfs as an old school arcade shooter to have such story, or better said atmosphere... the setting really is believable and with a lot of attention to details, especially since I speak german fluently, it was a joy to read all the newspapers/propaganda posters etc., it was all as authentic as it can get. Not to forget the awesome soundtrack and voice acting.

All in all it is a the best FPS SP game I played since the Bioshock series and I'm sure I will replay it several times in the future, it's pretty much a blast from the past gameplay wise. And I truly hope that there will be more where this came from, the ending is open and there is still a lot of stuff to do and questions to answer. Hopefully it's not DLC but an expansion or better standalone sequel. :)

PS - I tweaked the graphic options and I was at 60 FPS most of the time with a mix of medium-high settings, even forced 2x multisample, 1440p. That beeing said, I can't wait to replay this when I have a new GPU with a lot of VRAM and fully max it. I like how the engine looks, did it in Rage, but I agree that it's a bit weird, so little GPU usage, but a lot of CPU/memory/HDD usage...

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I got the pink glitches on her face yesterday too. I'm on 337.81

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah they game looks absolutely stunning in places, some of them even look like an idtech5 remake of some Doom 3 areas. The game looks better the higher up in rez and aa you go. I know that can be said for most games, but in IDtech5 its something else.

18. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    Thanks to captain_trips fixes, now I am able to play it maxed out setting at 60 fps constant :) and gpu usage is like 60-70% btw I disabled pagefile and ram usage is fine too and cpu usage is high now..

Before, usually in some areas fps goes to 10 and gpu usage is maxed out with 75% power which is totally weird..

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

Did you try to add in wolfconfig.cfg

ie seta PostprocessDofMode "1"

20. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Okay so, the game apart from the grain runs sikly smooth using TJ's settings on my GTX760. But the grain is REALLY annoying...

Now I want to run it with my 560Ti. I tried the vtcahce high and compression on, but in some areas, I see vram usage 921~957mb but the game jitters like a broken tape. What would you use for 1Gb vram?

Using 16PPF with the AMD P2 955 @ 4.0Ghz I have, should I raise it?

On my main rig in some areas performance was actually worse with 32ppf or lower vs 64ppf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.