Wolfenstein: The New Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ALien8ed, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    Now we just need a proper DUAL gpu fix, and i am happy

SLi were are u ?, i am calling for u :(

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    True, i suppose a lack of CF/SLI support could be a bigger problem if you have two older cards, saw the 6990 and 590 getting as low as 43fps on the previous page.

Even the 690 drops to 46fps at 19x10 and 29fps at 25x16 so people like say Veteran, Denial or D4rKy21 should be able to get 60fps at 1440p but will only get around 30.

Also looks like those with AMD hardware and i5's are out of luck.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  3. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Is it running better after the reinstall?

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Well, it's not that simple lol, because see at 1440p (my resolution) if I max this game out I get arround 20-30 fps... but I'm pretty sure this is a lot due to not enough vram, or my gpu beeing very bad at transcoding.

I'm now at a mix of medium and high settings and my fps still isn't constant 60, but dips in low 50s at times. However both CPU and GPU (the one that is utilized that is) run very cool which means that usage is on both is bad, so I'm not even sure if the extra power from my second GPU would do anything. I'm seeing folks with AMD R9 cards do well though, at least they're happy. :)

5. dave6479

dave6479 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI x3
  6. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
    Yeah same GPU as you here. I'm pretty much 60fps now but do get some drops to the 40's for sure so maybe SLI would fix it. Either way i found disabling v-sync in game actually helped smooth-en out the game alot. When i forced v-sync to counter the tearing I had big drops.

I was tempted to hold off on the game until a patch but the gameplay, cut scenes, it's just awesome fun. But gonna blast through now, feels like it has replay value as a game and something i could easily go through again.

Really do suggest sticking the difficulty on the 4th one down or the hardest anyone starting out tonight. I like how they move from cover to cover to flank and try and flush you out with grenades. Wondering if alot of pre- release stuff was on easy as they can be quite good.

7. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
  8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    does gfe detect wolfenstein for you ? it doesnt for me somehow

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I'm on Chapter 10 after about 9, possibly 10 hours of playing it (PS4 version) but it's just soooooooooooooooo much fun that I stopped counting (and oddly the Statistics don't show how much game time you've spent either). One of the levels even felt like something from Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, which is unsurprising as ex-Starbreeze devs are behind this excellent little game. I know the story is nothing original but I'm finding myself paying more attention to it than any other FPS that isn't BioShock.

How EG can only give this a 6, I do not know, because this is the best FPS in years. There's just so much variety. The level I'm currently doing feels like Half-Life 2 with the use of a and a focus on exploring and solving basic puzzles. It's a refreshing break from all the non-stop shooting but when it does return it is always a joy to dispatch nasty Nazis. I've lost count of the number of times I've died...there was one level where I had two kill three big robots but that was the easy part as I repeatedly died on the bit where loads of enemies rush in to prevent me taking a vital piece of equipment.

Utterly superb. A 9 from me.

(I'm also doing a run of the alternate timeline on PC...noticed that the other one has you lock picking which isn't in the one I'm playing on PS4.)

10. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I don't have it installed but profiles have updated for me in the past without the requisite game installed.

It really annoys me that even when GFE adds something, it doesn't tell you what it has added, it simply says 'Update complete' or whatever which is most unhelpful.

Also, has anyone figured out how to play in a lower res than the monitor's native without being forced into a window?

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Ok, thanks guys :)

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

Tb did a first look today he was loving the heck out of it, even i was liking what i was seeing some old school shooter mechanics little sign of health regen, fast paced run and gun gameplay, yes please.

Had to play quake 2 to get that kind of action.

Also the studio that did this has some of the former starbreeze guys in it did chronices of riddick etc so hells yea.

Down with the gears of bore magic wall huging health regenerating.

14. captain_trips

captain_trips Active Member

GPU:
    2x nvidia TITAN X sli
    It's Eurogamer. Must be that WWII-themed games with Americans cracking open Nazi skulls is still a sensitive topic to them.

15. meth curd

meth curd Active Member

GPU:
    2080TI FE
    i was getting terrible performance as well, ended up disabling crossfire and scaling the shadows down to 4k. everything else maxed out at 1440p and it's solid. here's another game my card can't run properly

16. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    anyone noticed slight drops in cutsceens? noticed also when it happens my H100i lowers the fan speed so sounds like it could be cpu usage dropping causing it?

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I don't think it's that. EG are just a tough bunch to please. I've been following that site for years now. It's one of the very few review sites when it comes to gaming, that I don't mind reading.

18. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    does it run ok for you?

19. peshkohacka

peshkohacka Member Guru

GPU:
    ***8962;
    Because its actually a pretty mediocre game. Putting aside the tech issues and the really outdated graphics, the story is blunt it uses narratives seen a thousand times before and the protagonist is suffering from the modern "superhero" problems - "hes constantly depressed and hell awaits him". Then you start to play a bit and you notice catastrophically bad AI, increasing difficulty only increases the amount of the damage you take - it doesn't make the enemies any more tactical. Then comes the sub-par animations that look like we're back in 2003 and DOOM 3 was ravaging our PCs. Then you start to notice the scripted events (the castle intro makes that really obvious).

You may lie to yourself that this is a good game, but most of the people praising it are doing it from nostalgia. No one makes shooters like this anymore and a title like this becomes a tear-jerk-er.

To anyone wondering: avoid for now and wait for patches or a discount. Face value - its not worth it right now.

20. Kono

Kono Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    thanks for the review. Yeah, I watched all the trailers, and a few gameplay footages. It does look pretty outdated, even gameplay is boring. Especially the stealth kill. Very unimaginative.

The next disappointment on the list, Watch Dog?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.