Wolfenstein: The New Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ALien8ed, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Looks awesome and cant wait for some old school shooting, but wish there was multiplayer.. I find it hard to buy SP only games.

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    That is brilliant. I like it.

3. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Plot twist, the discs are blank and the day one patch is the entire game :)

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Next week can't come quick enough. :D

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    There should be a law against that IMO. What happens if someone who isn't online buys the Xbox One or PS4 retail disc version? Both consoles are sold on the basis that after a Day One system firmware update that all games are playable offline. If a game doesn't run from the disc then that is going to piss off a few people and I'm betting the game box doesn't state this fact.

Also, while the patch might be 5 GB, the great thing about the PS4 is that the update is normally queued automatically and downloaded in the background as soon as you pop the disc in and load the game. For Wolfenstein: ANO it means that is no longer an option and you'll have wait (a long time if you're connection is slow) for a patch to download.

Did they press an incomplete version of the game or something? There's no excuse for a game having a patch that is 5-7 GB IMO. I hope the game is good as I am very much looking forward to it but the reviews need to call this out in my view and mark the game down accordingly.

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Sounds more like a DRM thing, console versions of games are always leaked and playable before release because the PC version nearly always needs a day 1 patch.

As you said, unlike PC games though consoles games don't have a disclaimer on the box stating this.

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    People are talking about it on GAF.

:p

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Really looking forward to playing this on my PS4...ShopTo.net already charged me for the game yesterday but sadly have yet to send it. I'm hoping they will tomorrow as they don't ship over the weekend and Monday doesn't guarantee a next-day delivery for its official Tuesday release with my local post!

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Sounds pretty good, these sort of games offer zero replay value to me so hoping the game is near to the 20 hours claimed and not 20 hours to do everything slowly.

I hope the day 1 patch claim is true, if not then it's another example of haters wasting their own free time spreading lies, and im getting sick of how often that seems to happen these days.

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    totally look forwards to your ps4 wolf impressions, Darren, tell us about any extra ps4 specific things too if any.
    looks like i'll be in for watchdogs but not this .:bang:
    perhaps Friday ..

13. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    PS4 and XBOX360 versions have leaked prior to PC version, this is a common trend nowadays, sigh, watchful waiting. I hope this obliterates Rage and looks like a lot of fun SoF style almost.

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Early impressions are pretty good. I'm waiting for my steam key which is expected on the 19th :( 3 long days :D

15. Undercova

Undercova Guest

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    Going to get this on pc if my system can run it on high, or then PS4, but i prefer mouse & kb. Probably not for full price since i'm cheap, allthough the D4 beta is tempting, whenever it enters beta. It would be dream if it had ET-style MP, but guess you can't get everything. Maybe next time.

16. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

That's a good thing, hopefully! As long as the textures are of good quality.

Those day 1 patches for Xbox One and PS4 are probably related to the size of the files being replaced, and not the actual patch data itself. Having a gazillion small files is inefficient but would allow each file to be individually replaced, having a few large, say 5 GB each files means direct replacement of those files required a 5 GB patch, even if only 10 KB of code is changed. If you think of the terms, a patch should take that 5 GB file, and 'patch' in the 10 KB code change. If replacing the files, it is merely just an ordinary update.

17. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Just received my key code from SimplyCDKeys. £17.99. Woop.

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm jelly :p Still waiting for mine :bed:

19. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Jelly...jelly jelly jeelllyyyyyy....ahem yeah sorry. :D

20. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU: