Wolfenstein: The New Order

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ALien8ed, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALPINEST4RS

ALPINEST4RS Guest

GPU:
    Gbyte 7970 GHZ 3GB
    I pre ordered this bad boy. Doom 4 beta? Yes please.

I really hope that its not a cluster like rage was with amd.

Funny though, I installed rage this week (again) and without a modded cfg i had 60fps constant. Don't know what happened there... Personally, I enjoyed that game and the visuals aren't bad when the megatexture is cranked to 16k.:nerd:

EDIT: Oh snap a min req is a i7??

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    50GB hard drive space >_< Dafuq man?! **** idtech5.

3. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Spot on as usual but don't you think asking for an I7 as minimum is kind of crazy ?
    Ok, I7 in itself is fairly meaningless (are they talking about 1st gen I7 ?) but I don't understand how can the game ask for so much...

We know very well that DX11 induces a notable amount of overhead on the CPU commands but even then I would have expected something less steep.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Possibly, but this is IDTech 5.x targeting the PC, XBO and PS4 I believe (If it's the X360 and PS3 then it's a bit strange unless the PC version is a entirely separate branch using a more advanced engine.) so the requirements likely match the more recent console hardware.
    (Console as lead, possibly over reliance on the CPU like with many other ports thus a higher CPU requirement to cover for this although i5 as minimum and i7 as recommended while still high would have been better of course.)

EDIT:

IDTech is OpenGL I believe, I guess it will be using a 4.x version now (IE "DX11" capable GPU needed.) but it might be 3.x still.

5. ALPINEST4RS

ALPINEST4RS Guest

GPU:
    Gbyte 7970 GHZ 3GB
    You are correct sir. This is why I was stumped when rage was running so well all of a sudden. AMD cards don't nec. like open gl.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ID5 doesnt need that much power, like Jonas said its mostly cpu limited, but then again not that much - multi threaded.

C2Q 9450@ 3.6ghz scores ~ 192 megatexels/sec
    i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz scores ~ 400 megatexels/sec

Rage needs ~ 100 and its already in the green zone,

Imo the bigger limit will be vram, those with 1gb will struggle a bit.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Nowhere does it say those are the minimum requirements. What it says is...

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah I just read that the page was updated with that bit of info, I guess it now would somewhat match the recommended specs for playing at 60 FPS, on higher settings.

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, from how it's phrased it makes it look as if those are the recommended specs to play it at full capacity. Which, being idTech5... that seems reasonable.

EDIT: Reading on their forums, someone from Bethesda stated the above when asked if those were the minimum specs.
    So, yes, those are the recommended requirements.

10. MwR

MwR Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980/4GB SLi
    So, I got a i5 3570K Ivy Bridge, do I need to get a new i7 CPU and mobo to experience this?

I got 16GB DDR3 and 770 GTX iChill.

11. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    No, you'll be fine, the specs that have been listed are the "recommended" specs, most likely for running it on the highest (or close to) settings at a respectable frame rate.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    What for performance reviews and then wait to see how patch support is if there are any performance issues or room for optimizations.

i7 seems a little over the top, but if this is a revised version of Rage engine, then it may need that little bit more grunt.

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    As others have said, No.

They are saying to run it maxed out, 1080p with AA maxed at 60 FPS you will need a system comparable to what's listed.
    They also don't specify what model, gen, speeds... anything about what i7 model they are talking about.

They took an odd path with this, and didn't release any "minimum" specs.
    But, keep in mind that idTech5 was designed to scale and run smoothly on a wide variety of hardware.
    You should be fine to play it.

14. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Guys..Don't be marketing victims..i7 is just marketing..How is it possible for a game to be playable with an i7 and not with an i5 ? HT offers 2-3FPS more in most of the cases..

15. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    your logic. welcomed here it is not.

16. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    If you mean engines that don't really support hyperthreading, you're right. Engines that DO support HT could gain a lot from it. Not just 2-3 fps.

Not sure if the idtech 5 engine supports HT tho?

17. MwR

MwR Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980/4GB SLi
    On some other blog platforms they interpreted that "i7" as "i7-930 Quad core 2.8GHz", which means a CPU that released almost 4 years ago. And almost everywhere people says Bethesda simply morons when comes to releasing proper specs requirement.

So for now we can safely surmise that an i5 3570K is already good enough for a 30fps Kraut slaughtering experience?

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Not it's not enough, you need to have "i7" to play this game, i5 wont cut it. Haha, what a joke, specs are so misleading, someone will think its actually true.

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    And then there is megatexture ... looks more like a mega waste of space. Just as bad as Titanfall wasting space with uncompressed sound even though most guns sound alike :puke2:

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well the megatexture that RAGE used was pretty ugly and low-res and didn't really help make the game stand out from other games that used smaller, repeated textures IMO. All it did was increase the size of the install to 20 GB for no obvious benefit and, for some who suffered from pop in, it made the game worst than it would have been.

This new Wolftenstein game supposedly has a 47 GB install size and from the videos I've seen it looks fun to play but nothing ground-breaking or impressive visually. I will be getting the game for my PS4 though (thank goodness for that 1.5 TB drive I fitted a couple of months ago!) rather than PC as I do fancy downloading 40+ GB of data (well, not until I get the 100 Mbps Lightstream, whenever that is!).

Last edited: May 2, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.