1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Damien_Azreal, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1070's SLI
    I can’t seem to get vsync to work in this game, I searched the net and a lot of people say they can’t get it to work. Does anyone have a fix?

2. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Find Wolfenstein II The New ColossusConfig.local (Open/Edit with Notepad) and nativgate to r_swapInterval and make sure it's set to "1"

Save and close.

3. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1070's SLI
    Thanks! I’ll give it a try.

4. Straykatt

Straykatt Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1070's SLI
    Dang, still not working. I’m using the newest drivers, I haven’t seen vsync broken in years.

5. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Just force it globally or per profile.

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I haven t suffered with v sync and stutter in my life like this game, totally unoptimized..

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Had no problems with Wolf 2. No stuttering/hitching, even when I was on my old 970.
    But, because of the 970's vram limitations, I kept the settings to where they would work within 3.5 gig of video memory. Because with that card, the minute you go over the 3.5 threshold, you're opening the door for issues.

Would've been a great card, but Nvidia truly screwed it over with that awful video memory setup.

8. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Game runs really well and is very well optimized. Maybe your hardware is out of date or you need to turn down your settings.

9. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    If you have SLI turned on, might want to try disabling it for this particular game. I'm sure Wolfenstein 2 doesn't support SLI so that might be causing your issues.

10. umeng2002

umeng2002 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    Yeah, I initially played the game with my old GTX 970, and it ran great except in a few locations where you can tell there was level loading stutter in some locations. I got $30 or so back from a lawsuit from that 3.5 GB thing, so...

I forget which specific settings alleviated the 3.5 GB stutter issue for this game... I think a texture setting to the second to lowest. I did some tests and the image quality is the same except it just loads less textures in at once... or something like that.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah, there was a class-action lawsuit against Nvidia for the memory allocation on the 970.
    It was, IIRC, false advertising as nowhere in the description of the product did it state that the 4gigs of memory were actually two different speeds.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    they weren't 2 different speeds.

all memory could be accessed at the same rate, as long as you weren't addressing both regions of the upper memory at the same time.

13. umeng2002

umeng2002 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    Under DirectX or maybe openGL, it's presented as two different VRAM pools. Most games just ignored (didn't use) the slower .5 GB pool unless it really needed it. In the end it had a minor effect, but very convenient for nVidia, it was revealed a number of months after the launch.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It is not presented as 2 different pools,

What happened is Windows managed the upper region for its own compositor and system theme which could get away with being in the slower region.

There was never any driver tweaks that prevented games from making use of it, apart from windows itself preferring not to fully relinquish the region.