1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Damien_Azreal, Jun 11, 2017.

1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    https://www.ign.com/wikis/wolfenstein-2-the-new-colossus/Contraptions

and

Are you sure you sprint trying to break that barrier?

2. KryptoBob

KryptoBob New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GT44/1.5GB
    Yes. BUT, I finally figured something out. When I was sprinting and bouncing off the barrier, I had a heavy weapon. So today, I switched to a lighter weapon and BAM! Apparently you can't do the Ram when carrying a heavy weapon.

I hope this helps anyone else with the same problem. ;)

3. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    AsiJu likes this.
  4. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
  6. Archvile82

Archvile82 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080ti FE
    I reinstalled this yesterday and the game runs like a dream. 4k with every setting maxed with NAS set to quality and Its a locked 60 (using 4k tv).

7. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    What's the difference between NAS on and NAS off ?

8. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
  9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Nice, not huge, but nice. Can confirm myself, bit of a boost yes. Almost can hit 4K / 75 fps maxed out, not quite (4K / 60 would be doable though, easily).
    Although I tested briefly and only Quality and Balanced presets... with Performance could be doable to hit 75 fps consistently ,framedrops where present were from 75 to around 70 lowest.

Combine NAS with DLSS in the future and one should get a 20 ... 30 fps boost compared to "normal" shading and TAA :)

Btw would it be too much to ask that a future patch would add DLSS support for Wolf 2? Pretty tempting!
    (Uses TxAA now so should be "compatible" with DLSS).

EDIT: maxed out except Image Streaming at Ultra (Uber @ 4K consumes more than 8 GB VRAM).

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  10. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    Going really cheap here in Sweden, an online outlet is selling it for like 15 euros. Is it "worth a buy" ?

Netherwind likes this.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Some say it's worse than the past two iterations but I personally think it was a decent game. You'll recognize yourself if you've played Wolfenstein

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I loved it.
    A lot of people hate on it simply because. It features a political story that doesn't paint America in the best light. It's also set in a time period where certain characters and their behavior and affiliations were more... prominent.
    Also, people complain that there's too many cutscenes... when, that was a huge complaint against Wolf:TNO when it released.
    Now, people saw Wolf 2 has too many, and should've been like TNO.....

13. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 1080ti OC Stri
    just downloaded and installed it for about 14 US dollars.. Will try it soon

14. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    wow i disagree so much the game was considered a disaster by fans cos it pretty much removed most of what made TNO and OB so loved and expected playeras to just suck it up because it was a new game in the series and nobody minds a bit of back story but it took that to stupid extremes and lenghts that left you constantly thinking i could have been blasting stuff for the last 30 minutes instead im sat watching a slow uninteresting cut scene that would have made little difference if it was took out. Not all of them as some did add a little but many character introduction and stuff went on far too long and at a snail pace.

mostly the back lash was not about politics at all and more about a constant slippery slide of poor af game design choices and if it isnt broke dont try and fix it mentality as all they did was alienate fans who fell in love with what machine games had delivered before. Plenty of videos on youtube on the subject that can ram home eveything i would struggle to put over

I still remember reaching a point in the game and thinking i cant believe THIS is wolfenstein II as it was so undeserving of that title then i got depressed lol

lucidus and cerebus23 like this.
  15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    People who don't like the game need to gather to tell each other their theories. People who like the game just need to play it.
    I love all new episodes and I needn't care why others don't.

Redemption80 likes this.

16. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
  17. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    I don't get why anyone wouldn't like this game. This is easily the best in the series. Why is anyone saying it isn't a Wolf game? The wheel chair level was kind of stupid, I didn't see the point to that. Grace was the best part of the game easily. She was hilarious! The characters were memorable, the gun play was really fun as where the upgrades on the guns. Some of the cut scenes were a little long in the tooth, but most kids today have ADHD and can't sit thru anything. The graphics were great.. I just loved the game, I've played thru it 3 times. Same thing with Doom. I think I played thru that 5 times.

18. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    I'm going to disagree with most of this. This was a great game. The courtroom arena was just fine. It was challenging, albeit frustrating at times, but so what. Saying TNO was better is laughable. The addition of Grace was great. I laughed quit a bit out loud with some of her dialog. No game is perfect. The gun play is fun. The upgrades were fun. I've played thru the game 3 times and enjoyed it every time. The Hitler scene on Venus was funny. Was it a little long, yes. But the gameplay was fun. No damage feedback? When you say you barely used the pistol, why? You could upgrade it and it was very useful. Most starter guns aren't good after a while.

There are things that bothered me about the game, but I'm not going to nitpick it to death. The good outweighed he bad by a large margin. This game and Doom are my favorites and the last couple years. I'm looking forward to the new Wolf, Doom and Rage games.

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    My only complaint with Wolf 2... is still the idea of officers. More so, how it's realized. I like the idea, but, the implementation is flawed. And, it seems worse in Wolf 2.
    If you alert an officer, he alerts nearby guards. That's great, but, in Wolf 2... the split second an officer sees you, the enemies for the next three states over seem to know exactly, 100% were you are.

This one area needs some definite attention and work in Wolf 3.
    I like the idea of the Officers being able to alert other enemies, but, they shouldn't psychically know exactly were you are. They should have to search for you, if you kill the officer or break line of sight... they should go into a search mode. Allowing you to hide, and regain stealth gameplay if you wish.

But, as I said, my only issue.
    Otherwise, I'm right there with you goat1. I loved Wolf 2, I've loved MachineGames entire take on the Wolf series, and I can't wait for Youngblood in 2019. And Wolf 3 after that.

20. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    DOOM 2016 was my fav game of the last few years. I was liking the latest Wolfenstein till I started seeing blatant "gamey" type gameplay design. I am more into a realistic experience as apposed to any kind of jump puzzles etc. Hated the wheelchair stuff tbh. I never completed the latest Wolfenstein. But what I did play of the game, it was waaay better all round than NWO..... for me personally. Can`t remember the Wolfenstein way back that featured a more supernatural angle. I liked that 1 best. I may get back to Colossus at some point and try to complete it. Very much looking forward to this next DOOM..... Eternal.