Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Damien_Azreal, Jun 11, 2017.

1. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    just downloaded and installed it for about 14 US dollars.. Will try it soon

2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    wow i disagree so much the game was considered a disaster by fans cos it pretty much removed most of what made TNO and OB so loved and expected playeras to just suck it up because it was a new game in the series and nobody minds a bit of back story but it took that to stupid extremes and lenghts that left you constantly thinking i could have been blasting stuff for the last 30 minutes instead im sat watching a slow uninteresting cut scene that would have made little difference if it was took out. Not all of them as some did add a little but many character introduction and stuff went on far too long and at a snail pace.

mostly the back lash was not about politics at all and more about a constant slippery slide of poor af game design choices and if it isnt broke dont try and fix it mentality as all they did was alienate fans who fell in love with what machine games had delivered before. Plenty of videos on youtube on the subject that can ram home eveything i would struggle to put over

I still remember reaching a point in the game and thinking i cant believe THIS is wolfenstein II as it was so undeserving of that title then i got depressed lol

lucidus and cerebus23 like this.
  3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    People who don't like the game need to gather to tell each other their theories. People who like the game just need to play it.
    I love all new episodes and I needn't care why others don't.

Redemption80 likes this.
  4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti

5. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    I don't get why anyone wouldn't like this game. This is easily the best in the series. Why is anyone saying it isn't a Wolf game? The wheel chair level was kind of stupid, I didn't see the point to that. Grace was the best part of the game easily. She was hilarious! The characters were memorable, the gun play was really fun as where the upgrades on the guns. Some of the cut scenes were a little long in the tooth, but most kids today have ADHD and can't sit thru anything. The graphics were great.. I just loved the game, I've played thru it 3 times. Same thing with Doom. I think I played thru that 5 times.

6. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    I'm going to disagree with most of this. This was a great game. The courtroom arena was just fine. It was challenging, albeit frustrating at times, but so what. Saying TNO was better is laughable. The addition of Grace was great. I laughed quit a bit out loud with some of her dialog. No game is perfect. The gun play is fun. The upgrades were fun. I've played thru the game 3 times and enjoyed it every time. The Hitler scene on Venus was funny. Was it a little long, yes. But the gameplay was fun. No damage feedback? When you say you barely used the pistol, why? You could upgrade it and it was very useful. Most starter guns aren't good after a while.

There are things that bothered me about the game, but I'm not going to nitpick it to death. The good outweighed he bad by a large margin. This game and Doom are my favorites and the last couple years. I'm looking forward to the new Wolf, Doom and Rage games.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    My only complaint with Wolf 2... is still the idea of officers. More so, how it's realized. I like the idea, but, the implementation is flawed. And, it seems worse in Wolf 2.
    If you alert an officer, he alerts nearby guards. That's great, but, in Wolf 2... the split second an officer sees you, the enemies for the next three states over seem to know exactly, 100% were you are.

This one area needs some definite attention and work in Wolf 3.
    I like the idea of the Officers being able to alert other enemies, but, they shouldn't psychically know exactly were you are. They should have to search for you, if you kill the officer or break line of sight... they should go into a search mode. Allowing you to hide, and regain stealth gameplay if you wish.

But, as I said, my only issue.
    Otherwise, I'm right there with you goat1. I loved Wolf 2, I've loved MachineGames entire take on the Wolf series, and I can't wait for Youngblood in 2019. And Wolf 3 after that.

8. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    DOOM 2016 was my fav game of the last few years. I was liking the latest Wolfenstein till I started seeing blatant "gamey" type gameplay design. I am more into a realistic experience as apposed to any kind of jump puzzles etc. Hated the wheelchair stuff tbh. I never completed the latest Wolfenstein. But what I did play of the game, it was waaay better all round than NWO..... for me personally. Can`t remember the Wolfenstein way back that featured a more supernatural angle. I liked that 1 best. I may get back to Colossus at some point and try to complete it. Very much looking forward to this next DOOM..... Eternal.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    July 26th for the release of Youngblood. :)

Kolt, BetA, Solfaur and 1 other person like this.
  10. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    Is it another "New Dawn" attempt of brand milking? Jesus 2019 is so damn disappointing year.

11. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Too bad I hate playing teenagers...

12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    I don`t care which character I play shooting Nazis. Also this is not an RPG game.

13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    SJW bs.

Turanis, lucidus and Solfaur like this.
  14. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    It is, but I for one don't mind it too much IF the actual game is good. I liked both new Wolfenstein games, and because of the premise of the story, they could easily integrate leftist elements and make it work. But when it comes to "SJW" in most movies and games, politics have the main focus, leaving everything else on the backseat, hence why most turn out to be crap. I hope this one won't be like that.

I like the 80s vibe in the trailer, not a fan of co-op though, so I hope it won't suck too hard for solo players.

Kolt likes this.
  15. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Yeah,another: white men are bad&pigs and sjw women are so delightful and emit masculinity,when she-males resolve every mankind possible problem.
    Hooray. :D

Where is good old Wolfenstein (pronunced Volfen-sh-tain)?

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    At least New Dawn was fun. If this is well designed with good gameplay, thats all that matters.

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Looks like it's more aimed at girls more than boys, not really my thing but suppose they need stuff too and there a plenty of games for us as well.

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    No.
    This is to Wolfenstein 2 what 'The Old Blood' was to Wolf:TNO.

This is a stand alone expansion that follows Wolf 2. A little something to play while Wolfenstein 3 continues to be worked on.

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Some are easily unsettled.

And god forbid... a game where you play as a female... ohhhh...
    Bleh

Youngblood looks awesome.

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Imagine if Tomb Raider had some hairy guy in shorts running around... lol.