Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Damien_Azreal, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    I think the 390.xx drivers with the updated Vulkan RT turned asynchronous compute back on in the game.

2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Regarding the appearance of the game, maybe we're not playing the same game, but to me the game looks fantastic! Much better textures than Doom (despite being a smaller size), loads of volumetric lighting, and tons of dynamic lighting and particle effects. And it all runs extremely fast, and scales well across multiple CPU cores. This game is a technical powerhouse no matter which way you slice it.

3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    don;t tell me about volumetric lighting and those stuff, doom looks amazing, i remember it very well

4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super

5. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    This again?

The game looks good here and there. And technically this is not even close to some games or engines. And where did you saw dynamic light in this game?

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    i don t even know what he s talking about, the game looks decent only when we are in closed environment where there is less sunlight and more shadows, i don t even wanna talk about outdoor environment, game looks like a game from 2007, the only thing that drew me in for the whole new wolfenstein games since TNO , is the whole atmosphere of the game, its about how the nazi world was created, every nick and crooney u feel that u are on a german built infrastructure which is for me the major attraction in playing these games, its the whole infiltration of these structures, Machine games have mastered the creation of Nazi world.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  7. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 HOF
    Speaking of outdoor environment, this game fails.. just that.
    Take a look at those pillars on the left-hand side of the scene in the first picture below. That's 8GB of VRAM for you.
    The game shows some nice particle effects and lightings here and there in small corridors. But I just don't see what's "amazing" about it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    i do agree, outside environments look just average and nothing groundbraking, its all about the gameplay in this game, let's keep it at that it will be easier for us to digest .

9. flimbo

flimbo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Hi.
    I'm getting occasional stutter and frame skips just in the "cut scenes". Gameplay is smooth and fine. Does everyone else get this? If not, what could be the problem?

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    If you are in Win10 then you can try to switch on option "Disable full screen optimizations" in properties dialog of game`s exe-file.

11. flimbo

flimbo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Already tried that thanks. No difference.

12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    I helped me with other game (namely with cutscenes).
    I remember in COD: Ghosts or Infinite Warfare I had severe cutscenes` stutters until I changed sound format from multichannel to stereo in game settings (to match my audio setup).

As for Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus, it impressed me so much (not by textures of course, I never notice such things) that I started to play it again right after I finished it.

13. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Its funny you mention this.. I just bought it for like $3, and played it til I beat it. Took about 3 days playing casually. Very fun. I don't know about the new Prey.. Is it a good buy?

14. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Also, I'm playing Wolf TNO.. Forgot how fun that was. Good story and mechanics.. I don't know anything about Collosus, I hear is wasn't that good. Am I wrong?

15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    It is, but new game is not related to old one.

To my taste you are wrong. I like Colossus a bit more than TNO. They are both good.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018

16. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Look, you guys are welcome to your opinions, but how can we have a discussion on this topic if you can't spot whether a game uses dynamic lighting or not? Dynamic lighting and shadows are all over this game.

17. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Weird how you can praise Doom, yet won't give Wolfenstein 2 any credit despite the latter running on an enhanced version of the Doom engine. Wolfenstein 2 improves on the technology found in Doom, and offers higher quality and or more effects at the same or greater performance.

18. Quicks

Quicks Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    Loved the game was not too long or too short, just right performance was O.K could have been a bit better had frame drops at weird places that did not make sense.

I think it looked great did not have any issue with the level of detail, then again I play the game and not look at the details of the smallest things.

19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    because the whole asthetic in doom and overall quality as i remember , i fail to notice any bad looking level in doom as a whole, everything was just superb, from the lighting, the effects, the aesthetics, the color palette, while wolfenstein feels like really rushed in many levels if u know what i mean, there are some levels in the sewers in wolfenstein that look really good, but other levels leave a lot to be desired, it seems as if there is no consistency.

20. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    That is not my opinion, that is a fact.

Where did you saw light or shadow to move or change it's properties in this game?

ramthegamer likes this.