Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DeathDealer175, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    How do you play this on a controller? Its made to be played with a mouse and kb.

2. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Diablo 3 is amazing with controller, sadly only on consoles. Grim Dawn also has good controller support on the PC. ARPGs in general can be very fun with controller, it is just a matter of tuning the interface for it. I think Wolcen is set to come out on consoles too and their forum says controller support will be added on the PC version down the line.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Controller support is coming to Wolcen in six month times apparently, no doubt to coincide with the game's release on the PS4 and Xbox One. Must admit that a controller would be my preferred way to play an action RPG, especially as the Xbox One and PS4 versions of Diablo III were much more enjoyable to play with direct control of your character (yes, I played both versions right through several level 70+ characters as it was that addictive!).

For some reason, the mouse controls in Wolcen are a bit 'wonky', for want of a better word. Sometimes, clicking on a loot name to pick it up does not register, requiring finicky character positioning to work, and on numerous occasions I have had problems targetting the bat-like creatures, usually just the last couple but it was a constant annoyance. Also, the nature of moving and targetting enemies with a mouse click means that you can end up moving where you didn't want to. Controller support would definitely help alleviate that as it certainly did in Diablo III. With the dodge ability mapped to the right analogue stick, controller support made that game more enjoyable on console than it was on PC in my opinion. It just feels like a more natural fit to have direct control of a character instead of directing them with a mouse click.

drandiiski likes this.
  4. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    1070GTX
    this is for me the next Diablo. the action oriented combat is really well made, the graphics, art and design
    looks top notch..

i didn't play it more than 40 mins on release since i had issues with the servers but om gonna play offline
    for a while now.

items means the most in those type of games the way i see it, so if its done correctly.. this has
    insane potential for the upcoming years.

5. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    This game is fing amazing. I don't usually like these type of games, but wow. Loving it.

ShadowDuke likes this.
  6. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX 3080
    Exactly. I played D3 on PC and Xbox and I can definitively say the xbox version felt better. The ability to roll along with the analog stick just made me feel more in control of the character.

Same with Grim Dawn, works well with controller.

Keitosha likes this.
  7. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ok so for the most part the online issues are now solved, just played 3hrs in coop and this game is frigging DECENT!

SOOOO many customization options for your character, gameplay is fluid enough albeit maybe not quite up to blizzard standards but close enough, quests and side quests are great, graphics are great bearing the genre in mind... I gotta say this game scratches that arpg itch in a really good way and any arpg fan should get it, just bear in mind you may have to put up with some bugs at present but nothing that wont get ironed out in a patch or 2. First game in a while that I properly look forward to playing.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  8. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

Diablo on switch is peak diablo for me, I love the controller gameplay and the portability is amazing.

9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Blizzard standars? You mean the company that was known for making good games a couple years ago?

Edit: And again, game is not playable online. First hotfixes on servers and now..

Love how no one these days can give a aprox ETA, like 1 hour or 5 hours...! I also have a different understanding when using maintenance at servers. At discord they said, they shut the servers down to fix inventory stash and progression lost bug. So thats no maintenance for me....those different communication channels also suck big time these days (you have to gather official information from social meda channels and not official forums or release platforms anymore).

Edit: So, this server maintenance will be finished at 5 PM UTC...lol. :D

10. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I'm not too interested in the endless MP grind, so how is SP part ? Is it fun ? Is it long enough ?

11. Sabbath

Sabbath Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    It's SP is fun. Super :cool: game has 3 Act's

12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    There is no MP grind and the game is not different in SP or MP, except coop!

Servers are still down because they extended the maintenance, again!

Edit: And postpoed again, another 16 hours where servers will be offline!

13. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The very same. Although Blizzard's going downhill at the moment, their games in the past were always super responsive and polished when it came to basic gameplay. Wolcen appears to have like a half a second delay for every action and some of the skills are a bit clunky to use but for me not to a point that it would be a dealbreaker.

Just a shame we're stuck playing Wolcen: Lords of Maintenance at the moment but I'm much more patient these days and I hope the game comes out of it in a decent state.

14. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    This game is Kickstarted, so how can you compare it to the fu*king Blizzard, one of the biggest studios in the world!?

And we are stuck?? Who is stuck? Who are we? Are you the chosen one who speaks for everyone?
    Btw, you don't need to play it right now. You can wait until it's fixed. It's a choice.

15. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Hmm, looks like I'll wait for next weekend. They should at least be done with the maintenance by then.

16. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Wow... who pissed in your cornflakes this morning to cause you to get so confrontational?

I like the game and I'm actually defending it but it doesn't mean I can't be critical about it too. Also by "we" I mean those of us intending to play the game in online mode because some of us may wish to play it in co-op for the first playthrough.

Btw, I'm fully aware I don't have to play the game right now and I am choosing to wait until its fixed.

Have a good day sir.

DocStr4ngelove and ShadowDuke like this.
  17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Servers will be down at least until tuesday, thats really a joke..

18. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Terrible game. I've never seen a game as buggy as this. UI is awful, animations are stiff, servers are f*cked (but that's to be expected). Lot of people had to replay large parts of the game because the servers took a crap and lost progress.

End game is non existent atm. This is an alpha at best.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    He gets like this anytime a crytek engine game is criticized, im 99% sure its Cevat Yerli

Repo Man likes this.
  20. chr!s

chr!s Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Sigh, yip, noticed the reviews on Steam went from "very positive" to "mixed" -most reviews mentioning similar things ... oh well.