Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DeathDealer175, Feb 2, 2018.

1. DeathDealer175

DeathDealer175 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX980ti
  2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Its to early yet to buy, i have it on my wishlist though.

3. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX3.0
    Backed it when it was on kickstarter its ok when I have messed about with it buggy at times but needs work still.

4. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Beta gameplay trailer looks amazing. This is what Diablo 3 should have been, in terms of technology and artwork. Instead we got DX9 and cartoonish artwork.

Arabaldo likes this.

5. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070GTX
    im gonna bump this topic, i think anyone that like those type of games will find himself having a great time with Wolcen. the game releases very soon.. it looks very promising. i personally enjoyed it on early access and i think im gonna play the full game with my buddies..

they are focusing on improving stability\performance.. the art is amazing, game-play is
    fluid..

worth checking it out.

6. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    It is on my wish list, but for now I don't have my computer whole and neither the game is released.
    And my wallet is kinda shy...:oops:

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Played the early access with a mage, reached lvl 15 i think and i must say it was decent. Gameplay was great, spells and graphics looks very nice thanks to cryengine and it ws running maxed out 60fps on a rx580, very smooth.

Waiting for Poe 2 and Diablo 4 but this one is worth checking out.

8. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Looks like this is really good, and innovative!

9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    No one has/had access to full release version yet, not even testers and magazines. The "preview" version was sent to everyone. And everyone will get the full version at 6 PM CET.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  10. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Up to six months for controller support to be added according to the official forum, so I have more waiting to do.

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    God damn it! I've had this game in my library since it was released in early access and have been waiting for its official release and now I just watched Rhykker's video and really want to play it, now I have to wait til 5pm :(

**insert sad violin music here**

12. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Bought it yesterday before the price go up!

13. chr!s

chr!s Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    lol, same here...

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Update (Release) is live, 15.9 GB.

Sigh.

15. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Watched Rhykker's vid and this looks decent + I trust the guys opinion so bought it. Just waiting for the server issues to be sorted so I can play the campaign in coop with the missus.

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Great game, i love it! Playing a mage with a staff, 3 hours so far. ;) but encountered some bugs, too. Sound dropouts, audio overlapping, invisible walls (stuck), enemies sometimes have a displaced hitbox making it hard to target..

17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    anyone having issues picking up loot? i click on it and my character moves, it seems the loot drops have very small "hitboxes".

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    No problems here.
    There was a server message n the chat just now, that they have new servers set up and deploy a hotfix in the next couple hours to resolve progression reset (but when reaching act 2 or before).

19. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2080 Ti
    No controller support? Was hoping to play on the TV :(

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I had a lot of fun with this game last night.

Bought it during the Early Access phase but only played a few hours of it. However, the final version is (obviously!) much improved although still a bit rough around the edges. The opening cutscenes gave a less than stellar first impression as the subtitles were completely out of sync with the dialogue (which was actually distracting). Also, the character creation tool is very basic with so few customisation options that it might as well have offered pre-set models. Half a dozen face, hair and beard choices (plus colours) and several eye types/colours is all you get not that there's much chance to see your character up close in game anyway.

Gameplay is fun, just like Diablo III or any other so-called action-RPG, with great graphics (using the Crytek engine) but performance was all other the place for me at first - smooth during the opening sequence then stuttery-as-hell (though still showing 60-80 fps!!!) during the next - until I disabled Motion Blur in the settings. Not sure quite what happened with that setting but on my GTX 1080 Ti it really hurts the performance. With it disabled the game runs much, much smoother and with fewer sub-60 fps dips.

Very addictive game with a nice loot drop ratio that feels rewarding; encouraging you to keep playing to see what you get next. I couldn't tell you anything about the plot or characters; they are either not done that well or they're just that interesting for me. Doesn't stop the game from being entertaining though.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020