Witcher 3 patch for better graphics on the PC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by zer0_c0ol, May 21, 2015.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    It doesn't matter at all about the graphics, the game is great. Where CDPR went wrong was their PR just before the launch. They handled it all wrong, Momot even saying that 2013 trailer graphics will be achievable on pc just a few days before the game went live (how is this guy still in job btw?), they also said there had been no downgrade etc. All they had to do is come out and be honest, saying that they had to change things, rather than lie to us.

They eventually did just that, a few days ago and that's exactly what they should have done day one.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

original Killzone trailer for ps3 anyone? you all remember that video right, is scummy thing to do but they do it for reason and it always works

3. DiiVerZe

DiiVerZe Member Guru

GPU:
    4GB GTX 970
    I think that looks rather dull, in my opinion. Looks like my knowledge of computer graphics have backfired on me:3eyes:, because I know specific lighting techniques used in this game and whatnot. Because in the long run, lighting is what makes the biggest difference. Go ahead and look at games that take advantage of Global Illumination, Which mimics the way light bounces around a scene in real life. games like Assassins creed unity, We can agree that it sucked ass pardon my french but it is by far the the most realistic looking game ive seen as yet in terms of lighting.

4. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I think we have all been spoilt by being able to handle most games on ultra in recent times. Ultra should be either attainable with the very highest of the high setups or should be only attainable with future GPUs/setups.

This was the case with games in the past. I agree, Crytek got burnt as did Rockstar, however, if these companies had stated that Ultra settings would not be playable fluidly for most modern setups at release, there would be no bitching just eagerness to update when more powerful hardware is released.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Of course it be would be OK, as long as you were shown a Honda before purchase.

Your done with the thread because people don't agree with your definition of fraud, which isn't fraud and nothing more than disappointment.

6. Megabiv

Megabiv Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Simple lesson here folks, never trust trailers ever. I've looked at trailers for what they are over years from being burnt before...trailers are a device to hook investors and potential buyers. It's not meant to be the finished product it's to be appear good as it possibly can to get presales. How many films have you seen the trailer and think it looks great then watch the film and it's utter ****e or not even like the trailer pictured it as?

If you put your faith into promises you'll only be disappointed, wait for reviews and gameplay of the finished product before you buy. If you have to preorder well you've just set yourself up for failure to be honest. This sentiment can also be applied to pretty much anything.

7. Xenotone

Xenotone Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    "Not representative of final product"

Can't believe there are still people out there that don't understand what that means.

End of the day, it's an amazing game and it looks very nice by any standards.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Where in that 2013 trailer did it say that?

9. Xenotone

Xenotone Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    Well, if it didn't say that, then it should have. No arguments there. Kind of obvious though if you're watching footage of an in-development product.

10. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    In the end the only thing that matters is your ability being a critical consumer. Don't believe everything you're shown. Trailers are trailers, simple as that.

Should we begin boycotting/become enraged at Unreal Engine 4 because it doesn't have the sparse voxel octree based fully dynamic global illumination, even though that feature was demoed in various videos?

11. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    +1

/4char