Witcher 3 Announcement From CD Projekt Red

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, May 15, 2015.

1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    That's the plan sadly...

2. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Set in game settings to ultra and activate uber ...

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Uber kills it!

4. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    I didn't like the ubersampling setting, its visuals aren't that noticeable unless you zoom in and it made the game way too sharp. I like a little blurriness in games.

5. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    So serious question, how many AAA games from large studios that millions will play have been tended too by AMD with a legitimate driver on release day in the last, ohhhhh let's say a year maybe 2 ??

Was Battlefield 4 the only one ??

I do understand these last few months and upcoming ones with DX12 being close and AMD stuck in between Mantle and DX12, that things will be a mess and won't get done on time.
    But it seems like they've been doing this a lot longer than that, at least as long as I've had my 290x's which I got shortly after they released, and I'm not much of a gamer so I'm not an expert but even as a casual observer I can see AMD dragging their feet where they shouldn't, which is big studio games.

And if they doin that for big games, smaller ones got no chance... it took around 6 months if I recall correctly to get working crossfire for Rome Total War 2... not that that piece of **** game benefits from it anyway

6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It depends on how you see it. Up to now I guess there something like 2-1 in the amount of games they directly support, and both camps more or less work fine with games from any other camp (the only notable exception being Project CARS).
    AMD had a leg up with DX12/Vulkan (probably the whole leg up, since they are basically their own APIs, designed around their hardware), and they have a direct cooperation with the Frostbite engine people and the people at Oxide.

NVIDIA has a lot of smaller titles/studios and the Unreal engine.

This and the next one are going to be very interesting years.

As for new hardware, the more you hear NVIDIA talk about Pascal and HBM2 (as if that is actually a thing), the more I am convinced that they are actually afraid of what AMD will present in time with Windows 10.

I hope so at least, the market should at least return to a 50-50 between the discreet GPU guys.

EDIT: Total War Rome 2 is the worst optimized game I've ever encountered the last five years almost. It lags down to 30 fps when you select a unit in the campaign man. It's horrible and it runs horribly everywhere as far as I understand.

7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Did you play early versions of Dying Light? AMD cards weren't optimized for shadows. It was literally unplayable with decent settings. Another GameWorks title.

8. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It wasn't the driver, it was the game. It wasn't optimized for anything if you had the distance drawing at max. Their subsequent patches basically changed the scale of that setting.

9. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Disabling shadows made it very playable at the time. I thought we were talking about NVIDIA's effect on games, maybe not :)

10. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    ?!!?
    OFC disabling Shadows improve a lot the performance of Dying Light.
    That improvement happens either it is nvidia or AMD.

BTW since the latest patchs dying light just runs awesomely well on AMD, even my Phenom II X4 runs the game with a leg behind the back now and it was seriously bottlenecked when it was released.

The devs fixed everything they had wrong, even the Crossfire problems were their fault.
    I logically nvidia performs better in this game, maybe, just maybe the LOD in this game its the bigger i ever seen in my entire life, even on LOW it beats up the LOD of very high on AC unity.

With AMD having worse draw calls performance than Nvidia driver, it is obvious that the game gets bottlenecked more easily.

11. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Lowest settings like 20FPS with shadows without 100 was normal to you?

12. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    I have yet to know what runs very well for you guys mean? Even after patch 1.5 for dying light the r9 290 is 20 fps behind the gtx 970, sometimes even 30 fps. Same goes for ACU, the difference is between 10-15 fps. You can argue whatever you want, but having both cards in the same league, and have that performance difference; then it doesn't run ''very well'' for me.

13. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Blame AMD drivers, there was another thread about CPU overhead. NVIDIA is literally twice as fast in most cases and has MT DX11 unlike AMD. Nothing we can do right now but wait for DX12 or buy NVIDIA.

14. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    LOL ofc doesn't sound normal.
    I have more than that with this crappy PC, and apparently there are people that are far away from that.

A search on youtube and you will find people having the double and triple of you.
    So i don't think its the game problem but ok, if you think it is gameworks fault, then i ask why me and a lot of other people don't have any problems?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA1roTpxZWw

15. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Yeah i probably well, the next time i buy a gpu. But since i just got mine 6 months ago, i'm pretty much stuck with amd for now. And amd cards don't sell very well on ebay, at least not in europe. I am definitely gonna check those pascal gpus in 2017.

16. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    You do know I'm talking about BEFORE they fixed it right? You blame draw distance I blame shadows.

17. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Well like i said, you pointed out games that have a major number of draw calls, did you even saw the results of DX11 draw calls test on AMD vs Nvidia.

Nvidia have at least the number of draw calls processing.
    Besides Dying Light and AC U being Gameworks, its the amount of draw calls that is killing it and not gameworks.

Expect the same for the witcher 3 since people are already claiming that the game is heavy on CPU, and i saw some vídeos and the game have a lot of Level of Detail that it will translate to bad performance for AMD again!

Before they fixed, it wasn't lowering the shadows that gave me performance, but yet the Distance/LOD.

BTW why are we arguing something that was already fixed/optimized

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  18. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Let's pretend it never happened then.

19. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    We should wait until the game gets out for that. Dying Light is going just fine for me (especially with the modded Win10 drivers), and in AC Unity I can even play with the Ultra textures (they were unplayable before).

20. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Look, i want too the games to be decently optimized and working on release, but things unfortunally don't happen lately.

Not sure if you know, but Dark Souls 2 had a bug until now, that the HP of the weapong goes way 2x faster cause you ran the game at 60FPS :D
    If you locked the game at 30FPS the HP of the weapon would go down normally as intended.

This bug was like this for 1 entire year, until they fixed last weeks.
    Next gen consoles still have that bug and the game was released for more than 1 month now.

I am not entirely deffending techland, but at least they fixed the things quickly.
    Try to play Dead Rising 3 (yes another GW game), and check if it is at least playable XD
    Its a joke, they promise us to fix it and never done.
    Thank god i don't have any love for that game.