Witcher 2 technical issues

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, May 17, 2011.

1. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Invert Y-axis in Xbox 360 Controller
    Change the following setting manually in the User.ini file, Find config file under ‘My Documents\Witcher 2\Config’.
    Look for these two lines:

IK_Pad_RightAxisX=(GameKey=”GI_AxisRightX”,Value=1)
    IK_Pad_RightAxisY=(GameKey=”GI_AxisRightY”,Value=1)

The first line is for X axis, the second one is for Y. Change the value of the respective line to -1 and you’re good to go.

Also, to invert mouse control, add the line:
    Invert=1
    to [MouseInput]

2. G.E.X

G.E.X New Member

GPU:
    MSI 470 TFII sli
    Anyone have problems with sound? i launched the game, everything seems ok but no sound:bang:
    PS. sound card Asus xonar xense

3. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Switch your speakers to 5.1 or 2.1.

4. Xenotone

Xenotone Guest

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    The combat is pissing me off but I can live with it. It ran like tripe too until I turned off ubersampling. Which is a shame because it sounds awesome, whatever it is.

Now I get 35 - 45 (1080p, all maxed except ubersampling) I think, which I'm not terribly upset by. It looks lovely (except his hair).

5. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Cool thanks :0) :banana:

6. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Anyway to turn down the bloom effect ?

Geraldt has bloomy face and arms inside houses and so on .... ?

7. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Well I noticed it too when I played but it's clearly something you have to get over...

8. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    when i first ran the game, for some reason i missed this option and the performance was so bad. after turning it off, the performance is so much better and the game still looks good.

9. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    some1 playing with xbox 360 gamepad? in boxing escenes i have to use keyboard mode, because gamepad mode will show the keys only for barely a second and its impossible!.

Also, some mod to increase font size? (or some opentype large font i can download? :p)

10. Khronis

Khronis Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 x2
    Can't get this game to launch here, when I click play on the launcher it just pops up with the Witcher head and nothing happens, anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: fixed by running as administrator, which is an odd requirement to run a game. Also sound doesn't work on my g35 headset, but works with dx xonar as long as I have it set to 6 channels and not 8. Little scared by running into all these bugs without even starting the game yet ...

Last edited: May 19, 2011

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    the witcher thing stays on the screen for quite long, what happens? does it just disappear?

12. Quicks

Quicks Guest

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    What settings are you running with your 4870 im really get some very low fps even on medium settings ?

13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    This is happening because of a weird bug in which your desktop and game resolution are the same, and cannot launch in fullscreen mode. So you have two options basically to get rid of this:

1) Run in windowed mode

2) Do this, set your desktop resolution to 1920x1080, then set whatever resolution you want the game to run at in the video settings and play in fullscreen mode.

I'm doing number two personally. My monitor's resolution is 2560x1600, but I set my desktop resolution to 1920x1080 to play in fullscreen.

14. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    btw if some1 is interested Bigger font mod (may have bugs, was made for self-use).

http://www.mediafire.com/?fnkhn7i9rk9v9g1

Put it on: (backup default one)
    The Witcher 2\CookedPC\globals\gui\fonts

Bigger fonts, biggest possible i think without destroying the whole text (its still a little cut on really long name items b4 looting, but apart from that i think its fine).

At least on spanish we dont have voices.... (or at least my english level its not enough to hear voices while playing and understand them) and subtitles r ****ing small for TVs ><.

15. No_LiMiT

No_LiMiT Member

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    Really disappointed in performance of my pc.

CPU: Q9450@ 3.2GHz
    GPU: ATI 4870x2
    RAM: 4GB DDR2
    Resolution: 1920x1200
    Location: First area you get when you're talking about morning with king.
    FPS: 15-30, depending if it's low or high.

I tried dirt2 profile, compatafr, without them, different resolutions, low settings, high settings etc and I seem to be getting **** fps on all of them. Minimal differences except on low with all off it's around 20-25 and jumps bit higher when I stare at a wall or something. Auto detect puts things at high and I was very pleased when I saw that, but when I started it...

Should it be as bad at this, all other games up to this point worked on max/near max settings. Is my hardware that bad or is it optimization? I'm running latest drivers and cap profile as well.

I'll continue testing I guess but I'm really disappointed because I love this game so much already :(

P.S. Dirt2 profile for me makes it flicker so much it's unplayable.

Edit: Played with settings some more. Basically, dirt2 and compatafr give me same fps boost, alternate frame rendering also gives nice 5-10 fps BUT it also makes the game flicker like hell, without vsync it's unplayable, with vsync it's so tiring you couldn't play for more then a minute.
    So basically try to find way around or wait for new drivers, hopefully soon!

16. hirmak

hirmak Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX285
    The Game has memory leak by me.I couldn't play it for even ore than one hour,the game stops then and when I look to task manager,the game takes 2 GB :3eyes: Ram.That's weird :wanker:

17. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi people i just installed the game and heres my results

1920x1080
    all ingame advanced setting maxed fully ultra high not just default high setting

avg 23fps
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

1920x1080
    same as above but uber sampling off

avg 39fps
    [​IMG]

is this normal ??

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Have you uninstalled 3dvision drivers ?

19. esir

esir Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX980
    low gpu usage :(

Hi guys, my problem low gpu usage. I know my cpu cause bottleneck but game using my gpu %40 - %50 thats too low. I tried every settings low to ultra nothing change, usage stay same and fps always 22.
    I am using 275.27 beta and no 3D vision driver.

Also shadows looks pixelated :3eyes:

PS: Great game:)

20. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Well, if the CPU can't get data to the GPU fast enough...