witch mobo to pick

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by wisitor, Sep 11, 2011.

1. wisitor

wisitor Master Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 713/1728/1000
    i cant decide bewtwen these 3 for my 2600k cpu.
    ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z
    ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
    ASROCK Z68 Extreme4 Gen3

they are all in same price range
    maximus seems the best but i think it would look ridiculous in my huge corsair 650D case i cant find any pictures on internet with 650d and maximus gene:(
    P8Z68-V PRO looks good and has superb reviews...but i read about some weird boot problems with restarts and long bootups...so stay away or... ?
    Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 looks awesome with the black and gold has nice features.but i cant find any decent review on this board its completely in dark,reviews that i could find compare it to some old p67 boards and amd witch makes no freaking sense...

witch one would you guys recommend ? or maybe add some other board on the list in same pricerange ?
    pc will be used mainly for gaming with single 580gtx,8gb ram,corsair h100 cooler so i plan to go for 4.6-4.8GHZ on low voltage maybe higher if low volt alow it.first wall i hit i stop. no need for fast death. i plan to use this rig for alteast 3 years probaly longer.
    i decided on all parts expect for mobo. asrock got me realy intrigued or maximus... damn
    need help

2. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I just built one using the Maximus, its a M-ATX so you know your upgrade options are limited in the future (such as no SLI/CF + sound card). The features are okay, its stable, and has quite a bit customizations available in the BIOS if you plan on oc'ing alot. The 2500k on it is running @ stock atm since I don't need it to be faster. It doesn't look THAT ridiculous in a larger case, makes installation easier though since theres less things to jam into the case. The Maximus seems to have a few boot issues so far though, though I'm sure a few BIOS updates later would solve them. No stability issues so far.

If you don't mind the limited upgrade path, then get the Maximus, its not bad for the relatively cheap price of a Z68.